PDA

View Full Version : Heroic : Utgarde Keep

Dublchen
01-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Did anyone else notice some differences in H:UK last night? We've run the instance numerous times, but last night was weird. The Prince's aggro range seemed to be upped, because the spot we have always sat in to buff up/mana up/etc started the fight. Then when we got to Ingvar, even with threat on the main tank, and myself as the OT last night, he spun 180, one shot a dps'er, and then when he got to phase 2, shot a long purple bolt and took out the healer halfway into the fight. He did this 4 times in a row.

Anyone else notice any differences, or did we run into a fluke? :eek:

Stearns
01-22-2009, 10:37 AM
No didnt see anything odd in H UK last night.

However, the 2nd boss in HoL was different - he ran all over the room when he summoned golumns - and we hadnt cleared the other side of the room. Leading to some unexpected adds - but we survived yeah! Took my friends in there to conquer the last boss, who they were scared of. Turned out we downed him in <2mins using the "heal through it" method, and the others were really happy. It was a great end to a somewhat mediocre night in naxx25. Secretly, I wondered if Loken has been nerfed - he was almost too easy.

Maros_vek
01-22-2009, 11:33 AM
I have never NOT cleared the whole room, but that is interesting that he runs all over.. he has always run right back to me after summoning. And.. I've wanted to try the 'heal through' method on Loken, but have always had a pally or shamman tank that was absolutely NOT interested in trying it. *sighs So, I'm still a virgin with Loken, although have cleared the first 3 bosses 4 times each. Is that 'heal through' really a viable alternative? I just can't get the group to move timely using the run and stop method, and usually end up with me by myself on the 3rd pull, vainly trying to kill him before dying.

xenogriff
01-23-2009, 12:36 AM
The heal through method is viable as long as everyone is able to survive the lightning nova.

My party which consisted of Prot pally (me), Ret pally, Resto shaman, mage and lock.

The lock was at 12k HP and kept getting one shotted on the lightning nova. We also had the ret pally bubbling and healing immediately after the nova. Only had to go through 2 novas and loken was dead.

Recommended HP at mebbe 16k buffed i think to be on the safe side

Durandro
01-23-2009, 03:37 AM
The Prince in UK doesn't seem to have a large aggro range, but the mobs in his room always seem to run back to him and aggro. That being said, he's still very easy to kill.