PDA

View Full Version : Sartharion dumps threat off MT?

Krako
01-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Good morning, brothers and sisters :)

I have browsed through different forums, but haven't found an answer so have to bother you with this "noobish" stuff... forgive me :)

Last night my guild took a first trip into OS and met Sartharion. My only question is: does he have an ability to dump aggro somehow? It's not listed anywhere...

2 or 3 times during each attempt something like this happend: i'm at about 800k threat, second closest at 360k. All of a sudden Sartharion turns towards raid and starts to chew on someone. I'm taking a quick glance at Omen and... what the hell... i dropped from 800k to 300k threat.

Please help me to find an answer. What's going on with this... such an ability isn't listed... or am i being completely stupid, blind and missing something obvious?

Mala
01-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Is your OT taunting the fire elemental adds? Sarth does not drop aggro but is tauntable. We had the same thing on our first couple attempts, but once the OT stopped taunting it never happened again.

Krako
01-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Thank you for reply. There is one thing i don't understand regarding your point :)

Let's say OT uses mass taunt and it catches Sartharion with it's effect. In this case shouldn't he just switch target, but not reduce the amount of threat MT generated this far?

Misko
01-21-2009, 11:58 PM
Only thing I can think of is that someone is intervening you alot and it's dropping your threat in order to reduce the damage. Only other thing is a miss click on hand of salv. Can't recall any other things that can drop threat and I'm quite certain Sartherion doesn't have a threat drop.

Angry Grimace
01-22-2009, 01:05 PM
More likely, it's a reporting error on Omen based on your OT taunting Sartharion off of you and it reports it as a switch rather than him simply gaining your aggro. The easy solution is to taunt him back.

There is nothing that will drop aggro like that beyond dying or Hunter's Feign Death (there was a bug with Shadowmeld that could cause such a drop but was allegedly fixed). Even a erroneous Hand of Salv. wouldn't do that because it's total threat reduction is like 10%, not 50.

Blatman
01-26-2009, 10:54 PM
I long shot I know, but you sure you still had boss as target and not an add beating on you that the OT hadn't picked up yet.