PDA

View Full Version : how to:patchwerk

janz
01-21-2009, 05:17 PM
hey guys, i was wondering, me and my guild tried to do patchwerk last night and kept wiping, were mostly geared for it but we dont understand the fight...and my question is, we think we have to have the melee dps jump into the acid pook before the fight, bacuse, as you know if you've done the fight before, it lowrrs your health to 50%. biw my problem is is that me and the other melee dps died right when the fight started...we went in the pool becuase we thought that the person with the second most heal took the hateful strike. im not sure if thats true but we kept trieing and failing, should the melee dps go into the pool or not...because i think it goes by the threat meter, if not, please post and give me suggestions about the fight...i wanna pwn that loser:D

Andenthal
01-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Yes, melee DPS needs to be well below 100% HP. In my raids, I try to have them ~30% or so. He will attack the player within melee range that has the largest percentage of HP (not the highest value).

janz
01-21-2009, 05:23 PM
cool, so i wait till he hits the OT with the hateful strike adn then attacks??? or is it MT...

Jivatma
01-21-2009, 05:29 PM
you need 2 tanks. one for the melee, and one for hateful (in 25man some guilds run 2 OTs for this boss, my guild doesn't personally)

in 10 man, hateful strike picks the target with the most HP out of the top 2 threat.
in 25 man, hateful strike picks the target with the most hp out of the top 3 threat.

it helps that your melee dps jump in the acid/slime/goo to drop their hp to ensure that they avoid the intial hateful strikes when tanks are trying to establish aggro. either way melee dps should never be hit so their hp shouldn't be an issue.

hope this helps.

pro tips: warlock's doomguard's cripple = win.

janz
01-21-2009, 05:29 PM
and uhh, think you could look up my charcter on the wowarmory?, name is killbills on the velen server and im alliance, i just need to know fomr other experienced players to see if im even geared enough :p

Jivatma
01-21-2009, 05:35 PM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/41958-naxxramas-patchwerk.html

watch > learn > repeat. gl!

janz
01-21-2009, 05:37 PM
yeah cuase me and my buddy got one shotted even when we were down to 50% hp, i was pulling bout 2.3k dps and i think i took the hateful strike instead of the OT

blahism
01-21-2009, 05:38 PM
Honestly, i've only done this ten man and never understood the hateful strike aspect until reading this thread. With that said, the only time i've wiped is because we pulled patch without clearing the entire room and 3 adds from the back came charging in and killed the OT.. i managed to MT Patch down to 15% but got pounded pretty hard. Other then that i geuss i always just do what we do with 2 tanks, fight for aggro and tank and spank :)

Muffin Man
01-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Make sure you're healers know that they have a very strict healing assignment.

We wiped 2, 3 times on Patch because a priest (pug, go figure) just refused to listen to us and kept healing the melee, so the OT ate it. Even on our successful attempt recount showed him healing 3 members of the raid (to be fair, it could have been an AoE heal that he slipped in by habit).

Also, if the healers are having trouble and you have a mage. Amplify Magic will help them out.

A fun aside, one of our wipe attempts we lost all the melee (including the OT). The two healers had nothing to do but heal me taking everything patch had to throw at me. We lasted for like a minute, until the raid leader came on vent and said: "Unless you really think you can beat the enrage timer you may as well wipe it." But it was fun to prove that you can single tank this (should you ever feel like stacking your raid funny).