PDA

View Full Version : Drop Shield Specialization for Cruelty. Viable?

Squirrelnut
01-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Hello everyone,

Thought I would check in to get people's opinions on the viability of switching away from my current 15/5/51 build and jumping over to 15/8/48. Here is my current armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Ner%27zhul&n=Squirrelnut)

Right now I have 3 points in Shield Specialization (put an extra in there instead of taking Vigilance as I don't have threat probs) but I am unhappy with my current DPS. I fill my role well and hold threat even on large pulls and can tank Naxx without issues however I would like to do a better job of DPS to help kill things more quickly so I am thinking of taking those 3 points and using them to max out Cruelty.

We blithely stole points from Shield Specialization to go for deep wounds, do you think there would be visible survivability issues if I took another couple points for more crit chance (which would in turn help deep wounds even further)?

Of course the alternative to all this is to gem for Str and other dps stuff instead of Stam as I generally do but I am a fan of having high hitpoints.

I would be interested to hear the community's thoughts. Clearly a lot of dps issues will be solved for me when I am finally able to upgrade to Last Laugh, however I don't have a guild (just me and 1 friend in my current one) so I am only occassionally able to get into Nax runs and then it is luck of the draw on how a Nax pug will perform so that could be a while.

Optimoos
01-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Um, the biggest problem I see is that you wouldn't get to shockwave with only 48 points in prot.

greendragonempire
01-21-2009, 12:34 PM
naxx25 has good sbv gear you can get while maintaining def min.

Squirrelnut
01-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Wups, sigh so much for that discussion lawl. Guess that scraps the idea completely as I wouldn't want to give up Shockwave