PDA

View Full Version : WTB Threat reduction enchants & Pots

evilkyle
01-20-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm sure everyone knows how frustrating it is gearing to maximize their dps only to be threat capped.

Our problem on Malygos has been stacking sparks and once our tank got down the whole "kite around the circle" strat we did fine stacking the sparks. Now we have problem #2 I can easily pump out xx amount of dmg, but at two sparks and just touching 4400 dps I was threat capped. I had to auto attack for the next 20 seconds until we hit Phase 2 because I was past the tank on threat.

Our tank is getting much much better with increasing his threat and dps, but with all the kiting he is doing on malygos I can only imagine he is having a hard time doing constant strong tps on him.

Why not just throw dps a bone and give us -2% threat to cloak like they did for casters and maybe -4% threat to chest or something. Also there are pots to increase haste, agi, Str, AP, Crit etc why not throw in a pot that reduces all threat gained for the next 15seconds to 0. It won't wipe threat but it will give the me 15 seconds to pop cd's and go all out while the tank is still increasing his threat without me having to worry about passing him.

We did down malygos 10man 1 second before enrage, but not being able to contribute 100% sucks.

Only way other then the tank doing more tps on his own would be for the tank to get spark #1 under him so he can get way ahead of dps on threat and the dps get sparks 2,3,4 stacked up and then be able to unload their full potential.

Just ranting :)

Lore
01-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Got any Paladins in your raid?

Have them Hand of Salv.

Warriors can Intervene also. While he's taking off for Vortex is a great time for that.

evilkyle
01-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Yes we have pali, I don't know if it is ever used or not and the intervene thing...omg I never thought of that. Only good for some fights, but def would help on malygos.

Muffin Man
01-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Enchant Cloak - Subtlety - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=25084)

This has been around for a while =p. I can imagine it's almost a cruel joke. Fury warriors get to top meters these days but have no threat dump.

edit: Expanding on Lore's thoughts: any warrior can intervene. So if there are 2 dps warriors you could stance dance and intervene each other. Sure you lose your threat stance dancing. But if you were so threat capped that you couldn't use that rage it's no lose really.

evilkyle
01-20-2009, 01:23 PM
In 25 man our MT & OT are warriors, I will just talk to our OT about intervening me on fights that he is not OT'ing.

Thrin
01-21-2009, 11:39 AM
If you have a prot warrior in the raid have him give you vigilance if he has it, that might help a tiny bit.

Although I thought I read that you wont be able to stack more than 2 sparks at a time with this latest patch? If thats the case and I'm not mistaken then I doubt you really should too many more problems with the issue.

evilkyle
01-21-2009, 12:44 PM
If you have a prot warrior in the raid have him give you vigilance if he has it, that might help a tiny bit.

Although I thought I read that you wont be able to stack more than 2 sparks at a time with this latest patch? If thats the case and I'm not mistaken then I doubt you really should too many more problems with the issue.

I dont know, I was pulling with just 2 sparks stacked. I always have vig. I think its going to be a matter of the tank getting used to the fight and doing his rotation on the move.

dyls
01-21-2009, 01:18 PM
This may or may not be relevant, but when I tank Malygos I notice that as he flies up to prepare for the vortex, if I "chase" him I can continue hitting him. (All my DPS are standing in the middle (where sparks stack), so can continue to DPS hard out without any disruption.)

This probably won't help you in any way, but it might be worth mentioning to your tank, in case he doesn't realise, and just pauses and waits for the vortex. It might only be another few hits, but it sounds like you need everything you can get atm.

Thrin
01-22-2009, 05:47 AM
Well theres also the chance that it might be possible to dps during the vortex.

I know in a lot of my first attempts I was being put into melee range and could still generate a bit of threat during it. Last night however I wasn't put into melee range at all which makes it a tad bit harder.

What kind of threat does your tank normally generate on this fight? I don't seem to have a whole lot of issues save for a hunter who doesn't know where his FD button is.

Vapes
01-23-2009, 09:39 AM
When Malygos goes up to Vortex your tank should be intervening to the highest threat player to drop their threat. Just make sure he hasn't recently been arcane breath'd or he'll hurt the whole raid.

Presonally I intervene in, and refresh commanding shout on the raid before each vortex, but I did once explode on the raid by accident >.>

Taowlie
01-23-2009, 10:50 AM
When Malygos goes up to Vortex your tank should be intervening to the highest threat player to drop their threat. Just make sure he hasn't recently been arcane breath'd or he'll hurt the whole raid.

Presonally I intervene in, and refresh commanding shout on the raid before each vortex, but I did once explode on the raid by accident >.>

To go along with that, if you have a warrior tank he can intervene and then heroic throw when he has the spark for like 2 seconds, its not much, but it can all add up.