PDA

View Full Version : Healer\Tank + Thane's Meteor = Wipe

docgonzossg
01-20-2009, 11:53 AM
When we tried the video strategy of tank, healer, and all available DPS on thane and a healer and tank on the baron, everything went fine until the switch. When the the hero and tank swapped the baron for thane, the healer ate it at the first meteor. How do we mitigate the thane's meteor on the tank\healer group? CD's? Better gear? Or is there some other way to thin out the damage?

Aethraen
01-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Only way to spread the damage is stacking people so they all eat it.
Dunno about Fire resist, never use resist sets these days

(Naturally cooldowns can mitigate some)

Subpar
01-20-2009, 12:01 PM
The way we avoided this is 4 people on one side in the fron 4 people on the other (healer and tank in each group) and one person that can heal them selves on each of the rear horseman as stated in walkthrough. When the up front switch happens instead of e veryone running just the tanks run towards the middle and taunted the other tanks horseman off and came back to the group. less running around like crazy people. This way whichever group has thane are all on top of each other or as close as possible and 4 people are always splitting it. one time our tank walked out to switch and the healer and dps were the only ones around and took more than normal damage but still very healable damage.

ttocs
01-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Put one or two more DPS on Thane's side, or put a little more stamina.

Meteor damage is spread out to everyone within a few yards, so also make sure that the healer is standing close to the Thane tank. He doesn't cleave, so the healer shouldn't have to worry about taking melee damage.

Blackheathen
01-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Yep, just spread the DPS a little more. Not going to hurt since you are bringing them down at the same time anyway. Helps to have one DPS/healer follow tanks during transition to remove the chance of tank taking a meteor shower on their own.

Fayre
01-21-2009, 05:34 AM
On 10 man one healer and one tank is usually alright (about 10k damage apiece) - on 25 man, the meteor does more damage (go look it up), so you'll want to stack just enough people that they can survive it.

Tonylicious
01-21-2009, 06:48 AM
With the increased taunt range your tanks shouldn't go out of range when swaping Thane for Baron, and as long as when you switch the tanks don't goof around in the middle they should never eat a meteor.

Meteor hits wherever you were when its cast starts, just a simple matter of not planting yourself and taking one in the face.

Lyci
01-21-2009, 06:53 AM
We do healer+tank+dps on one side and healer+tank+2dps on the other, with 2 in back (typically a warlock and a priest spamming binding heal or paladin with bacon). Emphasize to the 3-person group that they *must* stay together on transitions and it's not bad.

I have no idea how to do this fight with 2 healers, but I'd love to hear stories.

Tile
01-21-2009, 10:05 AM
I have two healed the instance with Druid and Holy Priest.

We had Resto Druid Tanking in Back while healing Hunter Tanking in Back

Warrior/ DK Tanking in front. I started on Meotor side and hotted up tank. When we crossed over I would CoH the other group then HoT up the tank as we passed. It only took two passes for us to down front bosses. Then we transitioned to back.

North
01-21-2009, 10:23 AM
If you are stacking all DPS on Thane, I would think the goal is to burn him down before a switch? Blow DPS cooldowns and go for glory. Otherwise I don't follow the reasoning.

Argamasilla
01-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Does the hunter pet count as a target in the back? If so, could a single hunter have pet stay in range of one caster and heal is own pet while a healing class stands on the platform out of debuff range and heals the hunter?

It could get tricky, as the healer would have to run in to take the pets place, while the hunter called him back, tells him to stay, then runs to the other aura... then healer runs back to platform

manatank
01-21-2009, 04:17 PM
We never tank swap. Feral Druid tank + holy paladin on thane. Single ranged dps on each of the horsemen in the back (preferably self healing/pet class). All other DPS + tank on baron. Heavy raid healers with the dps. Other healers spread as necessary. Burn baron down with heroism in 2 to 3 marks. Baron tank + dps pick up thane to allow druid tank + holy paladin to clear their marks. Burn thane. Kill the other two. Trivial fight in 25 man when done this way. Works well in 10 mans too, but requires very able healers if you are only running with two of them. The difference on 10 man is you don't need anyone but the feral druid on thane, so the holy pally can split the difference and heal both the thane tank and the Blaumeux tank. The second healer can pick up the dpsers + Barron tank and Zeliek tank. The feral druid tank is not required, but what we have found most effective. Especially on 10 mans where their massive HP pool helps eat the meteor alone.

Speech
01-21-2009, 10:52 PM
For a faster 4h:

All dps on Thane. Even low dps groups can get him dead before marks stack above 4. Switch to Baron and kill him. We just have a moonkin or shadowpriest heal the baron tank. People in the back play the same.