PDA

View Full Version : 4 Horsemen Achievement and Alt Strat

Bluntfist
01-20-2009, 07:58 AM
With 10 mans becoming the joke that they are, my guild is now running them with Achievements in mind. (sorry to the guilds who are still having trouble with them, once you start gearing up, you will see just how easy they are)

One such achievement that we thought might be hard was the 4 Horsemen. Killing them all within 15 seconds of eachother.

To us this seemed pretty hard, as we normally do the 4 tank strategy. However, i devised a much more simple way of doing this. I have not seen it anywhere yet on this board, so i apologise if i am only restating something that is posted somewhere else.

What many guilds have a hard time doing is designating tanks for the back two horsemen. This strat not only bypasses that, but allows for a much easier attempt at the achievement then any other.

4 Horseman only requires 2 Tanks. No off tanks needed. As everyone knows, Baron and Thane move, Zelik and Lady do not.
This allows the Baron and Thane tank to pull them to the back where they will double tank, Baron and Zelik, and Thane and Lady at the same time.

The trick to this is to pull Thane off his original side across the room diagonaly to lady. And vice-versa with baron. Since thane does the meteor you want to be grouped up to mitigate the damage. This can be problematic if tanking him and Zelik at the same time, trying to stay grouped but avoiding the voidspawns.

Groups should be split up evenly. We did 1 tank, 1 heal, 3 dps in both groups. Instead of just the tanks passing of thane and baron, and running back to group, both groups make the switch to the other side. Group 1 and two swap sides every so many marks, and on the switch, the tanks swap their MT target as they normally would. Easy Peasy.

I know this sounds complicated, but it is actually much easier IMO. I know toward the end of this fight, somehow it ends up being all dps on one side and no one to even tank on the other. I dont know how things get so screwed up, they just do. With this system, everything goes down at the same time and everyone knows their spot to be.

I will upload a video next 10 man run!

Ray
01-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Having done this already all you need to do is have 4 DPSer 2 in the back and 2 up front and just manage there health % with DBM. We tanked them as normal, put our 2 weaker DPS up front due to the tanks DPSing those targets also. We had 2 "tanks" in the back and 2 DPS in the back. the tanks in the back was one of our 3 healers and a ret pally. After that it just takes a little bit of time to kill them due to the split DPS. Blow Hero in the last 5-10% to burn them down together.

Bluntfist
01-20-2009, 09:55 AM
How long did that take? With everyone in the back took us just under 4 minutes.

Ezimodnar
01-20-2009, 09:57 AM
When I did this achievement, we basically adopted some of the old 40 man strategy for it.

We kept a healer with each tank of the front two horseman, with a healer and ranged DPS as the "tanks" in the back. DPS would take the front two down to 10% and the tanks would bring them down to 5% on their own from there and the same would essentially be down for the back two. Once all were at 5%, the front two were taken down to about 1% each by the tanks while dps knocked the others down another couple percent. After that, we instructed for them all to be killed and boom, they all died.