PDA

View Full Version : T7 and when to replace?

Lenoxthebull
01-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to these forums as a poster, although I've read a few posts in the past and used some of the sites other features - Great site and very helpful posts BTW! Anyways...onto my topic/question

I play a level 80 Tauren Warrior on Blackwing Lair (Lenoxthebull). I am one of the maintanks for my guild and although I do alot of research on my character, gear, enchants, boss fights etc I'm running into an area of uncertainty.

I'm sitting in decent gear at this point (four pieces of T7 and some other assorted lvl 213 items) however this is where my confusion sets in.

What gear from 25 man Nax do I want to focus on getting to continue growing my warrior for the next set of conent? I am assuming I want Valorous of course, and I want to maintain my four set bonus but as far as everything else I'm dumbfounded. I'm looking through atlas loot and surfing the internet trying to make sense of all this great tanking gear in 25 man nax but individually pieces, although nice, don't make sense in the bigger picture

Sorry to ramble...but in a nutshell

As a warrior MT can someone direct me to the items I should use my DKP on? and which ones I should pass on? I know Block Value and Block Rating are good for me....but is stam more important for example in some cases?

Thanks for any direction/help you may provide

Lenoxthebull (15/5/51 Tauren Warrior - Blackwing Lair - Horde)

ibetank
01-20-2009, 06:41 AM
First i use a website chardev.org - a World of Warcraft Character Planner - x (http://www.chardev.org). it will let you put gear on off enchant and gem it etc. you can see how it affects all your stats etc. I love the site.

We are required in our guild before we start raiding to put together our "perfect" set of gear based on current content. Since we use a loot council it helps them when assigning gear.

Now to your actual question. Why do you want to preserve the 4 piece set bonus. There are other pieces that will work better then maintaining that 4 piece. At least to me the few extra seconds just aren't worth it. Now which 2 you decide on upon can be a personal preference.

We have 2 warrior tanks our "perfect" sets are close but not exact. He goes for a tich more dodge me block. I think we differ in our selection by 3 items.

So i guess my answer is play on the site and see what you like best and how it affect your stats.

gl on drops on whatever you decide.

Lenoxthebull
01-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks will definitely check out site.

Lenox

loquatious
01-20-2009, 07:38 AM
bottom line you want to keep 2 Pieces of T7 the 4 piece bonus is just not that strong.

Individually the non set piece items tend to have superior avoidance stats
The T7 helm really is nowhere near as good as the Helm of Vital Protection, and the Malygos 25 Legs are far superior to the T7 so those are my "no Brainers"

If you have all the T7 pieces and the non T7 i'd probably stick with T7 Gloves and chest if you only have some then the decision is even easier :-)

Tendo
01-22-2009, 08:46 AM
I can only hope that T8 sets are worth running around in completely full set. I used to see in Trade channel "T6 Tank Warr LFG Sunwell" and look up to them in awe... now that I'm finally end game, I would be ashamed to say "Full T7 War tank LFG" to anyone, knowing there's improvements beyond the 2-piece bonus of T7!

hbombs
01-22-2009, 08:51 AM
My goal is all the 25 man expertise tanking gear. with 2 pieces of t7.5. Im leaning towards Gloves and Chest.

Schwegburt
01-22-2009, 07:52 PM
The Gloves imo are the best of the T7 items, I'd pick those up.

Chest and Shoulders T7 are pretty close. Shoulders are best in slot but a pretty comparable pair of shoulders w/ Expertise on them drops from Anub'arak 25 man. Chest is marginally below the Sarth 1D chest but really it's marginal and neither of them has additional threat stats.

I'm going Gloves and Chest for my T7.

Caudates
01-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Went helm and gloves for t7.

The chest off heigan is delicious, maly pants are delicious, anub shoulders also tasty.

Dots
01-23-2009, 04:39 AM
The chest off heigan is delicious, maly pants are delicious, anub shoulders also tasty.

And Helm of Vital Protection is far better than T7.
Went with gloves + shoulders, but gloves + chest is also a good choice.

loquatious
01-23-2009, 08:16 AM
The anub'rekan shoulders are +30 expertise :(

I want the chest but i already have chestguard of the exhausted and the sarth chest - I'm going to wait till everyone else has their t7 before I take mine.

Recab
01-26-2009, 01:12 PM
I went with Gloves/Chest. The extra Expertise from Shoulders/Helm is very noticeable on my TPS/DPS.