PDA

View Full Version : Are u bad luck?

velouriam
01-19-2009, 11:41 PM
So ive ran heroic Utgarde pinnacle 20 times and no Red Sword of Courage. Its making me soo frustrated! i See new tanks all the time and they get it on their first run. I must be very unlucky or the wow gods have cursed me.

So lets here your horror stories on farming for gear. Post how many times it took for u to get an item to drop. Maybe this will make me feel better. :)

wayne
01-19-2009, 11:46 PM
I had to really gimp myself to stay at defense cap untill i got the trinket from HoL. Unfortunately it took me over 20 runs untill it actually dropped.

Bulk
01-20-2009, 01:01 AM
I won't post here then, because I got the trinket on my first run, and the red sword on my third.

Oh wait, damn.

Arkaen
01-20-2009, 02:05 AM
I've ran H VH over 15 times and no Legs.

Today I've had gl though. Gloves from Water boss in there, Helm from H nexus and Keystone Great-ring AND 15 emblems today :D

Peca
01-20-2009, 02:25 AM
18 times for old kingdom bracers :D

22 times for sun eater in TBC ;)

Apsat
01-20-2009, 02:33 AM
hehe i got the red sword first and the OT is our guild got it his first run aswell, The HoL trinket i think i got on the 3rd run, the legs from VH i got on the first.

But the item that still haunts me to this day, including a run we did on Saturday those shoulders from the first chest in ZA never seen then drop in 50 plus runs in there.

Andronikus
01-20-2009, 02:33 AM
Suneater = 31 runs

Red Sword of Courage = 31 runs, only 23 boss kills, Skadi can be a bitch in a pug!

Kara = 3 months before the first bit of tanking plate dropped, T4 helm though :D, had 6 epic DPS bits first :/

Epic belt from heroic AN or old kingdom dropped first run, 40 mins after i bought the badge belt.

But.........

First ever Naxx 10 run, in a pug, got 3 items in first 90 mins :D

Luck can be bad at times, but it changes sometimes :D

robbon
01-20-2009, 03:27 AM
Im full valorous T7.5.

I have been MT for all WOTLK content and we cleared everything to malygos 25.

I have cleared all heroics and run them regularly every week.

I have NEVER seen the shield drop from CoT.

I have NEVER seen the sword drop from UP.

I have NEVER seen the belt drop for AN.

and..to top it all off

I only just got my first tanking weapon drop in naxx 25 last night......

Pickles
01-20-2009, 04:01 AM
I've been reasonably lucky in heroics compared to some people, all trinkets first run and UP sword in 9 or so clears.

Raiding however is another story. Until this weekend, after weeks of clearing Naxx10, part of Naxx25, Sarth normal and heroic I had the grand total of one item (T7 shoulder token).

Became something of a guild joke to see if I could manage one item in a hundred kills. Sadly spoiled this weekend when I grabbed a ring and some legs from Naxx10.

My offspec retadin set however is complete :p

Drogo
01-20-2009, 04:40 AM
Back in vanilla 1-1 year or so running BWL (every week, only missed about 5 raids), never got the Wrath boots, Black Temple for god knows how many months, never got the shield of Illidan.
But my luck has picked up in Wotlk, havent really had to wait for too long to get my gear with only Sartharion 3D left.

Madoxx
01-20-2009, 04:44 AM
So ive ran heroic Utgarde pinnacle 20 times and no Red Sword of Courage. Its making me soo frustrated! i See new tanks all the time and they get it on their first run. I must be very unlucky or the wow gods have cursed me.

So lets here your horror stories on farming for gear. Post how many times it took for u to get an item to drop. Maybe this will make me feel better. :)

i have Ran that instance 25 times and NO Red sword of Courage , ive also ran UK the same amount and the legs haven't dropped either i feel your pain and i am so pissed off running these two instances now it is painful but nothing else has dropped in Naxx yet so i'm kinda stuck

T4 helm in kara 5 months no drop and so on with T4 gear im kinda unlucky with gear , mind you First COT timed run i did i got the drake ;)

CyCy
01-20-2009, 06:12 AM
Red sword of courage first try!

minrog
01-20-2009, 06:20 AM
Heroic AN was my first dungeon run at level 80. The stamina trinket deal dropped and I'm like hey guys I think this one is a keeper. :P I got into a pug for heroic UP a while back and the red sword drops and again hey a keeper. I'm just being mean :P.

I never have seen the shield from CoS but after 3 runs I just made the Titansteel one (yay BS) and I never saw the legs from heroic VH but Archavon 10 man was nice to me 2 weeks ago so I don't mind.

Been a pretty good WoTLK I'm still a little burned by Supremus and Anetheron for never dropping a T6 weapon for me over 5 months of killin. Glad that 80 came and I could ditch my poop on a stick.

komatsu
01-20-2009, 06:45 AM
The legs from VH i got on my third or fourth time thru, however the very next day i did the VoA 10 and upgraded. The only thing that bugs me is when I enchant/gem something and the very next day(or even a couple hours later), I get an upgrade to said item. But I guess you have to do that, you're never really sure how long you'll be stuck with something.

Gretchin
01-20-2009, 06:49 AM
Dinged 70 on my warrior 3 months after TBC came out, had Warbringer from Thrallmar reputation 3 weeks later. Got King's Defender in october 2008. I did Karazhan nearly every week during that time, and also did Mechanar heroic quite a few times, killed Lurker 5 times, killed Zul'Jin about 10 times and that boss in Mount Hyjal that drops tanking weapon 2 times after 3.0.

One real life friend of mine had King's Defender on his warlock, he dinged 70 six months later than me. About everyone in my guild who could use a sword had The Sun Eater, and a lot that couldn't use swords had it just because they knew it would piss me off.

It dropped two times in runs I was in, first time I swapped out for another warrior for Nightbane and Chess because he needed loot there, he got all tanking drops that could possibly drop. This was around october 2007, it took me 1 more year to actually see it myself... I'm amazed I don't cry myself to bed.

Gretchin
01-20-2009, 06:49 AM
Dinged 70 on my warrior 3 months after TBC came out, had Warbringer from Thrallmar reputation 3 weeks later. Got King's Defender in october 2008. I did Karazhan nearly every week during that time, and also did Mechanar heroic quite a few times, killed Lurker 5 times, killed Zul'Jin about 10 times and that boss in Mount Hyjal that drops tanking weapon 2 times after 3.0.

One real life friend of mine had King's Defender on his warlock, he dinged 70 six months later than me. About everyone in my guild who could use a sword had The Sun Eater, and a lot that couldn't use swords had it just because they knew it would piss me off.

It dropped two times in runs I was in, first time I swapped out for another warrior for Nightbane and Chess because he needed loot there, he got all tanking drops that could possibly drop. This was around october 2007, it took me 1 more year to actually see it myself... I'm amazed I don't cry myself to bed.

Girlie
01-20-2009, 06:54 AM
What happened is this: I got SunEater the first Heroic I did..and then

7 months without KD only to get it and replace it the very next day with Mallet of Tides.

19 Tries for RSC only to see that Belt drop every time. 20th try..it drops..only to replace it the very next day with Broken Promise (or the next week with Last Laugh depending on how you view such things)
There is a pattern here

nolsoth
01-20-2009, 06:55 AM
ive been running UP and VH since i hit 80 back in November i generaly do it every second day (getting burnout from it i think) and i have yet to see the sword or pants drop, in fact its a guild thing to send the new healers with me since all that ever drops in my runs is healing gear ><. i do however have a crap load of badges which im slowly spending on Boa jazz for my alts :P
kara it took 9 months befor myself and the other 3 guild tanks got any t4 drops at all
by that time our dps and heals were decked out with multi sets.
za on the other hand i cleaned out got all the tank drops and dps warr drops within the first couple of runs lol
i did pick up my 7.5 dps pants tho and mexxanas fever from naxx so u win some u lose some :)

Optimoos
01-20-2009, 07:01 AM
HoL trinket dropped for me on my second run in there on my DK.....

.... and then a paladin in the group rolls need on it. "I can tank too!" Yeah, well I'm the tank this run, and that piece is the only thing I'm in here for, along with the fact I PASSED on the dps shoulders off third boss so he could win them (and they would have been an upgrade for my dps set).

Needless to say I let the expletives fly, and I haven't seen it drop again since. :mad:

dadricvertanis
01-20-2009, 07:05 AM
I capped my warrior on friday. Legs from VH first try, bracers from OK first try, t7.5 gloves first OS25, plague boots, neck from naxx in first wing in naxx 10... but hey... I didn't get the sword from UP on first try... hah.

Aethelas
01-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Sun eater - first run
Red sword of courage - first run

Everything else ~ drops and will go to someone else first. or drops when I'm not there.

My hunter (ex main) has been in karazhan just about every week for over a year to get his sunfury bow of the phoenix. Only to have it replaced within two weeks by an ugly gun.

The whole motto with loot is ; eventually it will drop. I look at my gear and I go , omg I still like this and want that... But the rule for me is; the more you obsess about it the less the chance you will actually pick it up.

Go out there and have fun, if it drops, just go have more fun :)

doomwarder
01-20-2009, 08:14 AM
I have had some really bad luck while leveling, 30 run in reg AN for the tank ring... then replaced both rings next day in Gundrak :confused:
8 runs in HoL reg to get the sword and trink (on the same run, I was SOOOOO excited)
my 1st heroic was VH and I got a nice block trink 1st try
2nd heroic was UK and blah... got nothing
3rd heroic was Nexus and I got me a upgraded shield...WOOT 1st try
Shooting for the red sword next! wish me luck

velouriam
01-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Im full valorous T7.5.

I have been MT for all WOTLK content and we cleared everything to malygos 25.

I have cleared all heroics and run them regularly every week.

I have NEVER seen the shield drop from CoT.

I have NEVER seen the sword drop from UP.

I have NEVER seen the belt drop for AN.

and..to top it all off

I only just got my first tanking weapon drop in naxx 25 last night......

:eek: My wailing sobs just got a little quieter. You sir top the cake and my hat is off to you. lol

I actually did manage to get The cos shield my first run... but we farm it every night for a rogue in my guild to get Greed, the fist weapon, but it never drops after 20 attempts. Vh legs took me a many run as well, but i got abominations shoulders my first nax run. Like posted before, u win some u lose some. Im a very superstitious guy so ill be trying many different theories, up to and including black cats, voodoo doll, fuzzy dice and odd colored socks. :P

Dubzil
01-20-2009, 10:41 AM
If you are looting bosses first try not to, i did H UP about 20 times, being tank naturally looted first, never got sword, then about the 21st time made the drood loot and what do ya know sword drops!

Shake
01-20-2009, 11:32 AM
It took me 19 runs to get the tank sword from UP, and about 12 runs for the shield in CoT...nothing, and I mean nothing was dropping for me. But since my sword dropped, gear has been coming pretty consistently now...be patient, your turn will come

rubinxt
01-20-2009, 11:39 AM
36 runs - the sun eater
14 runs - the legs from heroiv violet hold
22 runs - trinket from H an
that is until i got my Lucky Charm - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=5373)
maybe just coincidence but i never run without it now

dirt
01-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I feel for you. I'm pretty much in the same boat.

I did like my 12th or 13th run yesterday to H. UP, still no RSC :(

I've run H. VH atleast that many times maybe more still no leggings.

No trinkets from H. AN or HoL.

No shield from CoT.

My only upgrades in the last 2-3 weeks have been the EoH Belt and I was lucky enough to win Gauntlets of the Master and Thane's helm from 10man Naxx.

But tonight we run Naxx again maybe I'll see the Slayer of the Lifeless this run. Hopefully if so I can win the roll vs. the other tank.

Greygor@Rexxar
01-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Ive had decent luck in most slots so far, but my achilles heel for WoTLK as well as ALL of TBC was my shield.
In TBC i got the kara shield off nightbane after a couple weeks, not a big deal, Gruuls lair never dropped his shield for my guild......ever
Farmed ZA for months on end, i only saw 2 shields drop, both with the unfortunate luck of a shi**y roll, Lost to another war and pally (both tanks of course)
So going in to hyjal with a kara shield, 2-3 months of that (and za) with no shield drop from kazrogal for my guild..ever
So i come at last to BT, post 3.0 nerf, we get to illidan and 2nd kill bulwark drops, i win...zomg my luck changed!? no... wotlk comes out the next week and i end up dumping it for a 75 crafted blue shield.

Alas now im using skull of ruin (even though i have titansteel as well) and everyone and their dog seems to have the eternity shield in my guild, no drop for my 10 man tho. 2 shields from KT 25, neither for me, and nothing off patch

alas my rant is over, off to /wrists at my shi**y shield

Deathdefyer
01-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Pre tbc on my orig warrior was still running mc for 2nd binding in naxx and bwl for scarab neither ever dropped. Curse geddon and flamegor to hell. In tbc on mage I killed vashj using archmage because prince's wep never dropped. In sunwell I had to wait until a week before xpac to finally get grand magisters and illidan's helm and never got the damn skull. Wrath has been fairly nice to me since I got red sword my 8th run I think and slayer that night lol legs also fairly quick. So maybe my luck is finally changing /cross fingers.

Hellsedge
01-20-2009, 02:52 PM
15 runs for the CoT shield
at ~6 for sword from UP
4 times seen the t7.5 gloves drop in pug OS... lost once on a 98 roll, that's the one that hurts

Tamsteinhuf
01-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Oh wow I've been so lucky with heroic drops. Most runs I did for a special Item was like 4 or 5 times for bolstered legplates, I found most items before I even knew where to go for them like red sword of courage which dropped in my first utgarde pinnacle run :D
But since I'm in naxxramas things changed, it seems like they nerfed every single drop chance for prot to <5%. In three IDs of clearing Naxx 10 there actually dropped: one ring, one pair of boots and one warrior T7 token (chest slot from horsemen)
I got more offensive gear which nobody wanted including the bow from instructor, maexxna's one hand mace, sapphirons useless haste helmet and different leather items.

But apart from that I have patchs belt from 25 naxx and 10 loathebs legplates, I still can't figure out why these items exist. They're worse by far than the heroic dungeon epics so I only use them if I don't need 540 def but high shield slams. (Loatheb, PvP, questing/farming)

Ryazz
01-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Where do I begin?!?

Sun Eater: 25+ runs....no luck
Kings Def: 2 1/2 months before it droppped
Legs in VH: 8 runs before drop
Red Sword: 6 runs....no drop
Essence of Goss: 6 runs.....2 twice in One day (before and after reset)....no drop

Hopefully my luck turns around

frim
01-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Ran HMech for the sun eater... oh countless times. It never dropped once, not even after I got the king's defender/axe from ZA and was just running for the tons of badges.

Finally got the red sword to drop, after 14 runs. So that helps me sleep at night.

it took me forever to upgrade my should slot, i had been running HHoL for the blue drop from the first boss, took maybe 6 or 7 runs for that to go down. Once I got those I spent like 200g enchanting them (i had run out of holy dusts and was not honored with hodir yet), and then the next day i get the shoulders off of Patch10. Needless to say, im almost honored with hodir, now, but they are still not enchanted :P

The_Target
01-20-2009, 08:41 PM
1st run into Kara and King's Defender dropped. Within 3 full clears I had everything but chest and shoulders out of there.
Apparently I spent all of my luck there.

5 runs of UP and I've only seen that damn cloth belt.
8 runs of VH and no pants, nor have I even seen Lavanthor.
Picked up the badge belt, and the next day got both AN belt and Skadi's while on runs.
Picked up Badge neck, and 1 hour later got Amulet of Autopsy. Also got Gauntlets of the Master.
First Run Vaults 10 got the T7 chest.
I'll probably pick up the badge trinket just so something will drop soon thereafter.

Ridlyblade
01-21-2009, 08:29 AM
3+ years with out ever seeing a Binding drop of Garr...I have the binding off Baron, All 10 elementium bars, and the quest item off rag...

but no Garr binding...

therman
01-21-2009, 08:41 AM
I've had average luck with most tank drops, not first try but generally within a couple weeks ill have it, except for one item.

sun eater, bane of my existence, I ran heroic mech 78 times before it finally dropped, after I had already gotten King's defender that week.

O and last laugh, I've been killing heroic KT every week since a couple weeks after the expansion released(fairly hardcore guild), see it drop once it went to the MT, never seen it again.

Taavi
01-22-2009, 05:15 AM
I've had some tough luck in the past with loots, but its been balanced with luck as well.

Pre-bc:
-6 months of MC clearing, not a single pair of Might Shoulders. Eventually got the Wrath Shoulders passed to me due to this, and the next week, Might drops.
-In the same 6 months, saw one epic shield drop, which went to another warr ( gladly passed ), this was on the first clear of MC, then for the 6 months, not a single epic shield dropped before Chromaggus, and again I luckily was passed the Bulwark.
-5-6 months of Clearing Razorgore in BWL (+1 year that some ppl in the guild had been doing it for ) and we got one drop of that tanking mace, I wanted so bad, and that dropped the one night I was NOT online.
-The belt of Wrath dropped twice ever, on the first and very last Vael kill, went to two our dkp leading tanks respectively. They got full t2, I was left hanging with 7/8

TBC ( Note, didnt play for the first year of tbc really, so not as much stories to tell =) )
-Took the 20 runs or so for the Sun Eater
-Got KD like, 2 months after that, bought mongoose, and the next night, Mallet drops.
-Used the badge shield for all the way until 3.0 ( had the ZA shield drop in the last weeks ). Saw the Hyjal shield drop once, when one warr who already had it was in, holy paladin got it cause he used to tank Hyjal, like once in a decade.

WotLK, my luck has been much better here, but the game hasnt been out long enough for me to get frustrated by any item yet, at least to the point of depression ( raid wise ).
-Took 13 runs for the AZN trinket
-Didnt see the VH legs drop until I got t7.5 passed to me last reset. So I used the SPecial Issue legplates until that, cause simply, I had not seen better ones drop. Well, the hc sarth ones did drop in a pug, where I lost to a rather annoying offtank.
-CoS shield has never dropped for me, but I have acquired basically every other epic shield there is ( apart from the Wall of Eternity ), Picked Heroes Surrender and Wall of Terror up in 2 consecutive weeks.
-Did get RoC on the first run, HoL trinket as well, not to mention the OK bracers, which I replaced on the same night in naxx 10.
-The trinket from 10 man Thaddius however, has yet to drop, after 6 or so kills. Seen the sword drop 3 times tho, and the mail helm the other 3 times.
-Oh, and I always roll under 10 when rolling against someone for loot ( Thank God for DKP )

So ye, I ain't the lucky charm knoem, really.

Moshman
01-22-2009, 05:19 AM
Im usually really lucky when it comes to loot but sun eater was a pain.

65 runs for sun eater and it dropped once where a rogue took it.

i gave up when i got my kings defender:D

Braggha
01-22-2009, 06:48 AM
Sun Eater = 10 runs
Red Sword = ~5-6 runs.

Our guild farming Naxx 10 and 25 for a long time now. and NO tank weapon drops, nothing. I waaaant my axe! *whines*

Jonamar
01-22-2009, 08:17 AM
I love these threads because it just reaffirms that I am not the only one feeling pain on drops at some point!

I have been pretty lucky so far in the expansion.

UP sword - first run, seen many naxx 10 + 25 tank drops, havn't gotten them all but I've seen them so I know they actually exist!

For me, my horror story was the Bold Shoulders from SL. In those days, the guild I was in hadn't started raiding yet. I was running some heroics but the Bold shoulders were the most realistic upgrade for me. I ran that damn place so many times I lost count. I was well into exhaulted with Lower City before they finally dropped. I'd say easily 100+ runs before that stingy bastard Murmur dropped them. I almost cried.

Tendo
01-22-2009, 09:34 AM
I got the RSC 2nd time through. Haven't seen the gloves in Gundrak, but bought T7 gloves so I don't care.

Haven't been through H AN more than once, and H OK none, so I'll have to hit them up for trinket/bracers.

Seems like after I get what I want, I see it drop all the time. Arcane-Shielded Helm, Bolstered Legplates... have an extra of each that I won from greed rolls after getting my own (well legplates I never needed as Archavon was swell one week, so I've gotten them twice on greed without them being an upgrade)!

TomHuxley
01-22-2009, 11:12 AM
I got all the epic tank gear from heroics fast (1st or 2nd run), except the Drak ring which dropped but my URL went down on the last boss and didn't come back up for an hour. Despite over a dozen AN runs, I've never seen the stam trinket (got the belt first try though!).

I can get by without those now, but despite weekly Naxx10 runnings I have no shoulders. In TBC despite weekly Gruul's runs and some void-reaver clears I never got any decent shoulders either. I'm beginning to think that Blizz just doesn't want me to get epic tanking shoulders for some reason.

I'm particularly bitter that you can buy the T7.5 shoulders for emblems of valor, since I'm in a small guild (but awesome) guild, so I'll never get enough of the 25-man badges to get them.

/sigh

Kazeyonoma
01-22-2009, 12:12 PM
same here tom, my shoulders are still blue and it makes me very sad, but I think you can always pray for Patchwerk's Shoulders:

Abomination Shoulderblades - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39267)

They're actually very good in terms of stat balancing, just no drops for me and t7 and t7.5 loatheb hates protectors -_-'

rubinxt
01-22-2009, 12:53 PM
well this week and last week gluth dropped the tier 7 shoulders and loatheb aswell
bien outrolled everytime they drop
but ohwell itll be my turn eventualy

Melenkurion
01-22-2009, 01:42 PM
There is a tanking sword in hUP??? lol I know ther eis one, just have not seen it drop for me so far.

CoT shields (reg and hero) both have dropped for me in the 3 and 5 run respectively.

No legs from hVH in 6 runs

Ring from Naxx 10 first spider boss dropped on first run. I wanted to pass it on top the OT who is not as well geared, he insisted I take it. Lootmaster gave it to me. Who am I to argue.

HoL trinket in run 30

Suneater in 2nd run

KD in run 25, T4 gloves same run, t4 helm on forst run but lost roll with OT (more or less equally geared at that time)

ar10
01-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Got most of the H items within 5 runs. The items that sucked were the Red Sword (12runs), and Essence of Goss (8-10 runs). And my luck both of those instances suck hardcore with puggies. My luck and dice have been excellent in 10/25mans. Gotten ring/gloves in from OS 10/25 on my first try, and DPS T7/7.5 gloves/legs from VOA. Went on a single naxx clear and came away with 4 pcs of loot incl the T7 helm (woot)

Other positive side of running Heroics almost everyday is getting a great assortment of Fury DPS stuff. Only thing I'm missing is the Hemmoragin Circle which every dps class wants to roll on.

Bullwerk
01-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Worst run of bad luck ever was me trying to get the Commendation of Kelthas out of H Magister's. I kid not in saying it took me over 70 runs. Nearly everyday (only occasionally did I not go) I was in there tanking that horrid place for that trinket. Finally got it though just as my guild suspended raiding in the weeks before WoTLK. I hate that trinket.

The Block Trinket from the Core hound in H VH is my new Commendation though. Probably 25 runs and no trinket yet. Trinkets are my bane.... aghhhhhh!

PvtCaboose
01-22-2009, 04:05 PM
It dropped on my first run but I passed on it because my first run in naxx Slayer of the Lifeless dropped and it was an upgrade to what I was using.

Kirkus
01-22-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm almost fully kitted out in badge gear but only ever had 2 drops from heroics, the gloves and then finally last night the legs from VH (haven't seen the trinket from HoL either). Tonight on my 7th run to UP the sword dropped! Of course I got outrolled by a dps warrior claiming he was a tank. Judging by his dps that may have been true but it doesn't matter - if you don't put the work in you don't get to roll for tanking stuff.

I managed to hold back on the expletives, barely.

Rogdu
01-22-2009, 07:25 PM
I haven't gotten a drop out of a heroic since I won the pants from H VH. That was my first ever heroic and I've yet to win anything since (roughly 30-40 runs of any kind).

I haven't raided a whole lot, but I'm sure my luck will be just as bad.

Okto
01-22-2009, 07:51 PM
In BC I was using Talonblade to tank with in Hyjal..my only tanking wep I had up to that point was Grom'tor's Charge. Then suneater finally dropped. then in a weeks time I got KD, and mallet, next week got Mallet, and week after got Clever off ZJ. I've been clearing UP about everyday since I was Able to tank heroics. No sword. Lost the Slayer 3 times, and los repelling charge just as many.

Shodowz
01-22-2009, 11:18 PM
I havnt had much bad luck as of late.
Got sword of courage 1st run, BUT in BC it took me 52 runs of H MGT for the commendation of Kael'Thas. 57 TIMES, i am praying that NEVER EVER happens to me again. I went more spastic when that dropped that downing Illidan... haha

Niian
01-22-2009, 11:29 PM
First run of H:UP got the sword. Second run got our DK the sword. Fifth run got a vendor sword.

I've done many many CoT runs (everyone we run through gets a drake too) and seen the shield drop once.
It only dropped after I got the Skull of Ruin from Naxx10.

Tank trinket from HoL Normal on first run.
Tank trinket from Naxx 10man on second run.
Minions bracers from Naxx 10 on first run
Abom shoulders from NAxx 10 on first run
Already had T7 chest/gloves, but only shammy gear (literally every single piece of tier gear that dropped was shaman set). Took about 5 runs before I got shoulders/pants. Still waiting on helm
5 runs for Thanes greathelm to drop

Raptor
01-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Headless Horseman run at Halloween time. Tanking for the guild, most of the plate wearers got the Helmet on their first or second runs with me. I lost out four times to a bad roll. Sixty one runs later, we even got a horse to drop, I finally got the bloody thing. If I ever see that bugger again, it will be too soon.

On the other hand.. second run of CoS, and I got the Sword of Kin Jirn to drop and I won the roll *whoot*

Razorhoof
01-24-2009, 01:30 AM
Funny enough this is my first post on TS despite being a reader for a while now, I guess loot rage is a strong motivator ;)

Red Sword of Courage dropped for me Friday night on a late night PuG - I think it was about my 9th or 10th run, 6th or 7th kill. I'd debated swapping to master looter incase the DK who was (being a pain in the butt all run) tried to need on it. IMO - you want the tank loot you tank the run!

Anyhow someone triggered Bane and a DPSer bought it so I didn't get a chance to swap the loot type. Think I bought it at 2% and the rest of the group finished him off. RSC dropped - I let everyone know I was needing and merrily clicked. The orb and other loot got rolled on and then what do I see - another need roll on the sword.... Who from? The Hunter!!! He won it :(

I think I might have typed something along the lines of 'You ****ing moron!' :o Anyhow its 2 days later and the hunter tells me he's submitted the ticket last night - I guess I'll have to see what happens. My lucks been average on my warrior but my previous loot history on my Mage (main in TBC) was terrible.... Heroic SP for Quag's Eye... Nah not happening.

Dalarandude
01-24-2009, 01:43 AM
After about 30-35 ZA runs i never once got Hood of Hexing or Amani Diving Staff. Never once got a piece of T4. Lost rolls on T5 for months to bloody hunters. One Thursday night we decide to try Hyjal/BT I got Cowl,Shoulders,and Chest + Zhar'Doom all because I hadnt spent any points since our first ZA runs.

Dalarandude
01-24-2009, 01:44 AM
+lost all my T7-7.5 rolls to DK's so far and a rogue who one shoulders two nights ago ><

nolsoth
01-26-2009, 03:43 PM
This thread has Good luck.
i now proudly own the red sword and sarth was kind enough to drop me some pants in 25 man :)
and loatheb droped me shoulders WOOTS!!!

kolben
01-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Bitching pays

Tankette
01-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Tanked 10 man and 25 man Naxx for weeks using Infantry Assault Blade. 10 runs of Pinnacle, no Red Sword. OTs got it on their first runs of Pinnacle. No tanking weapons ever dropped in Naxx until last night. Our first clear of heroic and Last Laugh drops . . . one of the OT's took it cause he had higher raid points. Not happy.:mad:

doomwarder
01-27-2009, 08:27 AM
3 runs of UP for the sword (well 3 sucessful runs that is probly 6 runs total)
4 runs for the pants in H VH
8 runs and counting for the trink in H AN :mad:
Oh well.. just need to get some better pugs for naxx10

Conreeaght
01-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Here's another kind of bad luck for you (as it only took place in one run.)

The upgrade I really want from the content we can complete, is the shield from patch. However, I desperately needed pants as an upgrade, so when we downed loatheb25, I splurged on them. I figured the shield wouldn't drop, and our pally tank said that he had to leave soon anyways. We had another warrior tank equal geared to me as well.

Sure enough, he stayed long enough for patchwerk25, downed first try (only one the pally had time for) and he got the shield. So I was cursing away, knowing if I hadn't gone for the pants, that sheild wouldn't have dropped.

Proceeded to one-shot grobbulus and gluth - who we all know drops anything in the instance. Boom, the same sheild from patch. The warrior gets it. I was light hearted about the whole thing, but inside I felt like somehow this was planned by an unseen hand that liked to see me suffer a little.

pookguy
01-27-2009, 11:08 AM
5 runs of Gothik/Gluth and still no Slayer. :(

AxLxExX
01-27-2009, 11:10 AM
I've done upwards of 10 runs of UP and still no sword.
Never seen any tanking trinkets drop, still using an SBV one from 70.

Gunboat02
01-27-2009, 05:12 PM
I have run UP roughly 10 times, never seen the sword drop.
Heroic UK, no sword.
Heroic Oculus, *shudder* no axe.

Im considering just using a loaf of bread as a tanking weapon since i cant get the drop.

Mindslayer
01-27-2009, 06:08 PM
8 runs and counting and still no Last laugh.

Helmer
01-30-2009, 09:00 AM
not gonna list every single drop ive ever gotten, but i did get my suneater on the first run,and my red sword of courage on the second run. the real bitch is i saw the red sword drop again the very next run

Gysh
01-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Saw the pants from HVH drop only to have a blood DK /need and log immediatly after he won them. /cry

It all evens out though because 3 days later in naxx I won my T7 legs from Thaddius.

Zarthknu
01-31-2009, 04:37 AM
Luck : 1st hc after i dinged 80 was COT and my shield dropped ^^

Bad luck: Sword from Up about after the 8th run
Bracer from OK about the 15th run
LEgs from VH grinded about 3 weeks everyday till i first saw them
TBC: Did Mechanar for Sun Eater like 50 times and never saw it.. Never had it :((

Valkira
01-31-2009, 07:14 AM
Took me 40-odd runs to get the Fire/Shadow resist shield from heroic mana tombs... not that I really needed it mind you...

I'm now up to 58 runs for my Rivendare horse... really starting to annoy me.

I'm reasonably lucky with actual tank loot, though I have a habit of buying something crafted then having the equivelant drop the very next day :-(

Abner
02-01-2009, 08:19 AM
The only problems i've had with drops have been from H VH and H AN.

I got my Red Sword of Courage on my first go, Seal of the Pantheon also on my first go. Took till about try four for my leggings from VH, and about twice to get the bracers from OK. I've ran Heroic AN every day for about 2 weeks straight now, and i've yet to see Gossamer. ( My lock buddy also wants the wand from Anub'arak. Figures, my SPriest buddy and a friend of his ( frost DK ) went into H AN the first time... And both dropped.

Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Soyboy
04-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Well...I ran HoL 35 times for the sword off the second boss...the same day i got that sword the red sword of courage dropped in heroic up... so much time wasted

velouriam
04-14-2009, 09:38 PM
well i figured that since i started this thread, and since i had seen it at the top of the board again i would update my situations.

After running heroic up for 20 times i finally got the rsc...only to replace it the next week with slayer which dropped the first time i killed gothic. Got hero's surrender off patch 2nd time downing him...got valorous legs/shoulders first time in heroic nax. So i guess you could say i went on a hot streak!
Yet in all the nax ive been in ive never seen a tanking helm drop. so im geared in 213 BiS in almost every spot except im still wearing the tempered titansteel helm :P So it just goes to show...you win some u lose some. It seems everyone has their "one" item that just will not drop. My guess is ill finally get a helm this week only to replace it next week in ulduar :rolleyes:

oh...and WTB Last Laugh

Distress
04-17-2009, 05:43 AM
No Betrayer of Humanity in 15 KT kills.. And I see warriors dual-wield these. Makes me sad ;'<

Tak
04-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Its taking me forever to get pants from H VH, sword from H UP and the trink from HoL...
Bad luck for shizzle.

arami
04-17-2009, 11:24 AM
ok...sooo....unlucky u say..??

I am doing naxx adn EoE for a long long time and now we are in 3.1 and....ohhh...wait..NO SHILED from EoE nor KT naxx 25. Never ever had i seen those 2 shields....never did they drop for me...

U guys had to do xy runs to get an item...i did xyz runs and never saw one actualy drop.