PDA

View Full Version : Leading troops into OS/Arch

AxLxExX
01-19-2009, 05:02 PM
So tomorrow I got the green light to take my own raid group into OS/Arch. I'm going to be MT and I've done both of the fights before (as OT, though.)

I was wondering:
A.) What the ideal group makups would be. Like # of tanks, # of healers, # of ranged/melee dps.
B.) Anything the MT should know about either fight. Where to stand, weird things the bosses do, who to kill first.

Any other advice for a raid leader would be cool
Never actually done my own before

dyls
01-19-2009, 08:43 PM
What size raid; I assume this is 25 man you're talking about?

Are you doing Sartharion with any drakes up or just him himself?

Very approximately what is the gear level of your raid; are you all fresh 80s who dinged yesterday or all wearing full Heroic Naxx gear or somewhere in between?

AxLxExX
01-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Sorry sorry I forgot about specifics.

We're doing OS 10 and vault 10.

My gear level is adaquit for T7 content. The rest of the raid is heroic/naxx geared. And all dragons are going down for OS.

dyls
01-19-2009, 08:55 PM
You can relax a bit then, with that combination it's hard to go wrong :)

Vault definitely only needs 2 healers - OS is more comfortable with 3 for your first time as a raid (he has no enrage timer, as far as I can recall). So get one of your healers to DPS for vault or something and then go along to OS.

Ranged / melee combo doesn't matter for either. There are the usual advantages / disadvantages for both.

The only thing you won't have done for OS is get used to tanking Sartharion, and moving when his fire walls come. That won't take you much at all. Don't fall into the trap of thinking 'oh geez I have to move this way which is going to turn his tail towards the raid' - it is THEIR responsibility to move out of the way.

Have fun :)

Dalarandude
01-19-2009, 09:00 PM
For vault you NEED two tanks, atleast when we do it and I usualy bring three heals but its probaly easily done with two. Ranged,Melee doesn't matter imo. OS with no drakes i'd still bring two tanks even though ive heard people only bringing one and three heals is good if you are bringing people in blues. In our groups on OS the more Ranged the easier, but its realy how you guys play.

Irat
01-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah 10 man for both is pretty flexible.

With VoA make sure you move him back to the middle after he jumps because the cloud he leaves does a fair bit of damage and the melee cant get behind him if you dont. It often pretty hard to raid lead and to MT because you have a massive dragon in your face which leads to a bit of tunnel vision.

It terms of Raid leading, just be fair. Try and watch what everyone is doing and try and keep it flowing.

AxLxExX
01-19-2009, 09:19 PM
so tank has to move the huge dragon into the hole in the fire?

Irat
01-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Yep otherwise you take a whole heap of damage, and take a knockback. You should tank him in a spot where you are in the gap if the wave comes from behind and only need to move if the wave comes from in front.

AxLxExX
01-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Does the wave come in the same spot every time?
As in...when it comes from the back it's always in the same spot and when it comes from the front it's always in the same spot?

So I'll only need to be in 2 places

Irat
01-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Yep thats correct mate, there are some pretty pictures of it over at Wowwiki

Blatman
01-19-2009, 11:30 PM
You will find that if your Mt is a Warr, they can charge from max range and the point at which they intercept boss is pretty much spot on for turning and tanking. I think Cider does that in the vid.