PDA

View Full Version : Saph 10 - tank first to go down....

huggy77
01-17-2009, 11:27 PM
i was tanking Saph today on 10 man naxx...

here is my armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Misha&n=Gnominator)

I was the first one down every time... I was keeping demo and tc up..

was wearing 3 pieces of frost resit to no frost resist... It did not matter...

should i respec out of deep wounds? i need some advice... Night was a total fail...

We had no replenish in the raid and no pally or druid buffs at all... We did not make it to the 3rd flight phase...

Cube
01-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Your defensive stats look good for sapphiron10. Good HP, decent avoidance, very nice expertise. I would suggest to not wear any frost resist gear, as you die most likely to his massive melee damage (relatively to other naxx10 bosses).

If you aren't doing so already, try to have 3 healers for sapphiron. Even with 3, they can easily be distracted by the loads of raid damage going on. And also educate the melee DPS (or maybe you can start doing it too if you aren't already) to step closer or further away from sapphiron if a blizzard is on them. He has a huge hitbox. That should lower the raid damage and allow the healers to focus on you.

Hope that helps :)

m
01-17-2009, 11:58 PM
the tank does not wear fr gear. he doesn't need it.

i see all these threads about how the tank is wearing fr gear but failing. maybe that's why. 10 man frost is weak anyway.

Bokeh
01-19-2009, 06:09 AM
Don't wear frost resist as a tank for saph, his frost damage is neglegible for you. I personally always run 25man saph with amp magic so 2 healers can keep me up pretty much on their own. If you have a mage, amp magic would be a recommendation, especially if there's a resto druid in the raid.

huggy77
01-19-2009, 03:48 PM
very good idea...

Tiamar
01-21-2009, 03:26 AM
To echo what Bokeh said, Frost res simply is not essential (I'd even push towards saying it's not useful) for tanking Sapphiron. I tank him without Frost res on 10 & 25 man - when you're taking 9-13k hits from him every few moments, should your health drop to the point at which "Frost res. gear would have saved you" before the next hit, your healers aren't doing their job. Your stats look decent enough for Sapph on 10 man, so I'd look elsewhere as to why you're going down so fast ;)

Thrin
01-21-2009, 11:23 AM
I would check to make sure your raid is staying out of the blizzards. Having your raid in the blizzards frequently causes healers to have to aoe heal much more and lose a tad bit of focus on you.

I notice that when my hp is spiking it is because the healers are either too busy healing other raid members or having multiple healers move out of the same blizzard.

Bokeh
01-25-2009, 11:20 PM
What we do to prevent those "oh shit was anyone healing the tank" moments is just have 1 healer (generally the paladin/shaman) assigned to always be on the tank except for a spot heal here and there to patch up people the other healers missed.

In 10mans 1 healer should be able to keep you up with relative ease. Keep in mind though, he hits like a right bastard so be fast on the cooldowns. Threat really won't be an issue with all the people dodging blizzards, so after the first flight phase you can focus on just surviving. Save that shield block for when you get low instead of using it to generate more threat, keep your finger over the shield wall and last stand, and keep trinkets available whenever you think you might even be going below 50%

Something nice to avoid blizzards are a tank is that you can move relatively far to his front without moving saph himself around, so just stand at max range of him to tank him, then when a blizzard hits you, just run straight into him.

Also keep in mind, you can take 1 stoneshield pot before the pull, then another one somewhere at 30% of the boss's health when healers start running low on fumes and are trying to keep the raid up.

For the rest, it's the dps' responsibility to burn him down fast enough for the healers to be able to keep up, it's not just a healing fight it's also a dps race realistically with the aura.

And while this might sound a bit posh, it should prove that eventually you'll manage just fine: we regularly do naxx10 with 2 healers now (zerging ftw) and a turkey offhealing on 4H, so this includes saph. 1 holy pala heals tank and healers, 1 holy priest heals raid with remew/pom and 1 or 2 innervates from a feral/boomkin.

huggy77
01-27-2009, 09:17 AM
We picked up a discipline priest and it was uber easy... One shot on him and took down the big guy after a couple of whipes...

I did not wear my frost resist stuff, we had a totem and a pally aura...

One disc priest on me, 2 trees healing the raid... Worked great...