PDA

View Full Version : And They Would All Go Down Together

Gertiploiss
01-17-2009, 06:53 PM
I can honestly say the single-handed most difficult raid achievement out there. To reach this is a miracle and anyone able yo do it should be saluted with praise. It requires massive amounts of gear and the ability to take down the Horsemen by 50% every three marks. (Unless your healer is decked out, which i doubt is possible in the case of such) I come with a strategy, to possibly help you.

I will be using 1, 2, 3, and 4 in place of Thane, Baron, Blameux, and Sir Zeliek respectively. (Note: These are only the STARTING positions of the bosses. 1 and 2 will switch periodically.

3_________________________________________________ 4

1_________________________________________________ 2

The first problem (as with starting a regular 4 horsemen) is the placement. This is even more crucial in the achievement encounter. What I suggest is having the majority of your raid set up at 1. Consists of one healer, one tank, and most of the dps. Another tank and healer should be set at 2. In the back, 4 should be accompanied by a healer. (You'll see why in a sec) The tricky part is 3, where one would prefer a self healing class because of the rotation.

The encounter will start normally, having dps on 1. Once it turns to 3 marks though, there is a lot going on. I'm suggest that the dps at 1, run over to 3. By this time, the healer should be at 3 as well, if not it shouldn't be too long. Tanks and back tanks should be switching accordingly, as they will for the rest of the encounter. The reason i prefer a self healer at 3 first is because by the time they run over to 4, the healer needs to work on healing the dps in the back. After three marks, the group should run to 4 and the tanks again switch correctly. Basically the same as the last step.

After three marks on 4, the healer and the self healer and the two tanks switch again and the dps run over to 2. If I'm right, it should be Baron but the mark times in the back differ from the front I think. The dps does their work there, then (important) stays for the next switch as to not stack marks. Now it gets a little complicated once it gets closer to the end. If you can do 50% per three marks, this should be relativly easy. You must take the Horsemen down to 15%-20% then wait for three marks. Switch back to 4 and pray the healer can help you.

It's the same deal, running back to 3 then 1, staying at 1 then running back to 3 to 4 to 2stay etc. In all, the rotation should be (for dps) 1, 3, 4, 2, 2, 4, 3, 1, repeat. An alternative strategy is to stay at 1 until it's down to 15-20 percent THEN switch over to 3 and rotate out of 3 and 4 until their down then go back down.

The most difficult part will be at the end though, making a slow trickle down to a few hits will kill them each. The dps will have to be spread out as you choose for the final blows. All-in-all, it's an effort of teamwork and valor.

Thanks for reading.

Mefear
01-17-2009, 06:59 PM
What my guild does is just split everyone up between the mobs, and work them down to about 5~ even sub 5% and wait until they all get there holding dps off if one groups does for 25 man atleast

but for 10 man we actually have 1-2 floaters that will go around and help dps where needed.

Actually the hardest achievement currently for my guild is 5 min maly 10 man just because of the insane amount of spark RNG spawn but that is only because we don't run a completely stacked group and we don't stack for 3D 10 man for the healers at least.

Gertiploiss
01-17-2009, 07:10 PM
The problem i have with that is, the dps is a bit too divided to make a sure estimate. Also the one healer in the back will have a handful during the entire time.

Crommi
01-18-2009, 10:57 AM
We split dps too and then adjust during the fight if necessary but telling some to slow down or swap people around.

m
01-18-2009, 11:06 AM
1 healer, 1 dps in the back, the healer can range tank 1 while another range tanks 1. healer taking care of both.

1 tank 1 healer on the right side of the front.

everyone else on the front left.

10 man you can wait till 5 debuffs, dmg is not that high.

you basically dps burn the mobs 1 at a time. BL/hero off the bat, army, any increase to dmg you can pull out, at most you might have to flip at the very end, 5% or so. but you will burn 1 down very quickly.

Gertiploiss
01-18-2009, 08:37 PM
You need to consider in the back that you have only one healer really is my concern. I've never actually done this though.

Benjilol
01-20-2009, 04:55 AM
Did the achievement on 10 man a week or 2 ago, we pulled the 2 melee DK's next to the 2 casters and dps'd Thane/Baron each down to 10% with a split raid (5 each side, with swaps at 3 marks) and then switched to the casters until they were 5%. At that point we burnt the 4 down and begun working on the chest boss.

We ran 2 healers, and splitting the raid into 4 was too stressful on the healer at the front, thus why we split the raid.

Muffin Man
01-22-2009, 03:36 PM
So having the double marks wasn't too big of a deal for you guys? I've thought about this to make it easier, since the guys in the back seem to be the point of failure most of the time (either mistiming it or dying).

PvtCaboose
01-22-2009, 04:04 PM
We split the DPS on the four differnt bosses - Most ranged in the back so they can stand behind that tank tanking. Everytime we switched in the front (tanks running to each other and taunting each others mob) the guys in the back did it too. It was done in a one shot and was very easy.

Garbid
01-25-2009, 05:53 PM
In a 25man raid, we split raid in 2

Ranged had 6 dps, 3 healers

BossA --- 3x dps --- 3x healers, out of mark range --- 3x dps --- BossB

Since we had fewer ranged then meele, they just vent on seperate vent channel for flawless position swapping. They only had to worry about keeping boss a and b close to each other on health.

Melee grp, 2 tanks, 4 healers, 10x dps, split into two even groups.

BossC - Meele grp1 --- big space here at entrance --- Meele grp2 - BossD
These kept their usual vent channel. Swapping on 3 marks whole grp ran across swapping bosses. For big part of the fight meele were hitting only white dmg :) But abundance of healers and enough time to go for extra mitigation, we could have done the meele bosses for hours without problems really.

Since ranged were on seperate vent channel for swapping more smoothly, they only worried about keeping boss A and B close at each other, since their total dps was much lower. But meele grp had extra responsibility in keeping bosses C and D close to each other AND close to ranged bosses.

Sry for extra long tutorial :D but I hope even pugs can get this one right with it :)

Greatblack
01-30-2009, 12:35 AM
LOL HARDEST ACHEIVMENT with 6 minute maly and the twilight zone.... but all you have to do is set up 4 independant groups to dps their prospective horsemen and switch after 3 debuffs... if you have DBM (deadly boss mods) it gives you all the horsemens health in a percentage. you instruct certain groups to pick it up or slow down and its REALLY EASY

Greatblack
01-30-2009, 12:39 AM
and i HOPE you know that the bosses debuff range is like 30 yards so you can have tanks for mele side taunt off eachother and switch main targets.... thus never getting past 3 debuffs of anything... if u do and ur ppl are still dying your healers are either lacking in gear or skill of some kind

Bihn
03-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Just got this last night in 10 man. It sounds more difficult than it actually is.

We split into four groups. The two front groups had 1 tank, 1 healer, and 1 dps each, and the back groups had 1 healer and 1 dps. We were running with 3 healers and had a ret paladin throw on healing gear for back duty. Once you have the raid split up like this, it's just a matter of patience.

We DPS'd down the Baron and Thane to about 20% before the dps in the front went to the back to even out all of the Horsemen's health. By the time they came back up, everything was between 7 and 12 percent. The lowest groups stopped dps while the rest caught up, then we slowly brought them all to about 4 or 5% each, then unleashed, ignoring marks at that point.

Having DBM makes monitoring each boss' health extremely easy (There's a window showing each Horseman's %), which is probably the hardest part of this achievement.

To reiterate: Be patient, let all groups catch up to each other, and then nuke the last few %.

Crommi
03-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Another neat little trick is to bring them all down to 10%, have shaman run to middle of the room and pop Bloodlust. Then everyone just goes all out and horsemen go down so quickly that it doesn't matter if they don't go down exactly at the same rate.

marklar
03-05-2009, 04:43 PM
after reading this post, we decided to give it a try last night - it's much easier than it sounds. we did it with our standard group, which is caster heavy.

back left: shadow priest healing a lock
back right: boomkin healing a shadow priest
front left: tank/dps/healer
front right: tank/dps/healer

front and back swap side to side as usual - we swapped as soon as our debuff expired to keep the healing load light. at about 50%, our highest dps'er (who started front right) started rotating around the room to even everyone up.

pick one person with DBM to call out horsemen's health ("slow down on <x>")

any group that got to 5% stopped and stared at their target until everyone caught up.

from 5%, they go down in only a few seconds. took us 3 tries - 2 wipes just getting coordinated.

dimpster
04-14-2009, 04:54 AM
on 25 man what kinds of tanks or tanky type would you have on each of the bosses?? and/ or how many tanks would you run with to complete this achv?

Squashed
04-14-2009, 07:32 AM
Front 2 are actual physical tanks, the back 2 does not matter at all. The only attacks the NPCs do are magical and have 0% chance to crit. The only semi-necessary thing is a large health pool to make them easier to heal.

Warriors can spell reflect attacks from the back-two casters.