PDA

View Full Version : Herioc Drak Theron Keep,early pull advice please!!

techsture
01-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Hey, Im a newb DK Frost 12/52/7 tank that has so far tanked HERIOCS :-UK,Nexus,Gundrak without any probs at all. Im 540 def.

I thought id next try out DTK as its supposed to be easy. Now the first packs with the caster that creates the black circles on the floor are causin me grief.

I DG the caster and cast DnD underneath me, then IT PS and pestilence when his 2 chained adds come into range followed by deathchill/howling blast, The problem im having is that the two chained mobs are always running straight past me and going straight for the healer, what am i doing wrong with this pull? they should be stuck to me but they just run straight past.

Ive been with 3 pug groups now all with the same result, and im getting abuse about my AOE tanking, I have had no probs at all in other instances mentioned :(

any help gratefully received.

Niian
01-17-2009, 12:09 AM
Hit the first mob with something that will make enough agro to last a few seconds without getting hit, then change targets to the other two and hit them either with a white swing or a spell.
After that swap back to the main target and carry on like normal.

If you're relying on the diseases from the first target to pull the second then they will hit the healer before the disease ticks and causes enough threat.

bfillmer
01-20-2009, 09:04 AM
It sounds like you are using the standard opening AoE rotation, and shouldn't be having a problem. That said, double check you presence. I've started my fair share of heroics still in Blood Presence from questing.

Niian is correct about the disease ticks, but with DnD down you shouldn't have a problem with healer aggro until your runes come back up.

m
01-20-2009, 09:06 AM
There is a bug with frost presence losing its threat buff when you die. just refresh your presence.

Muffin Man
01-20-2009, 01:01 PM
That bug was fixed. It was actually fixed when they announced it, so when we learned about it the info was already obsolete =p.

I'm not sure why they run at the healer, if you DG'd the first one the other two shouldn't take very long to reach you. Meaning healer aggro should be at a minimum, plus they'd have to take what? 2/3 ticks of DnD before they reach the healer.

Could this be a positioning problem, where they miss the DnD somehow? I don't know anything about DK tanking but it sounds like your pull should be fine.

Ray
01-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Why is the healer getting aggro if you havent taken any dam? I never have a problem on those pulls, DG caster into my DnD, 2 other run at me, into DnD, When they arrive pest goes off and there glued to me. No healer should ever pull aggro off you that early in unless you pulled at half health and the healer toped you off on the pull, which is his fault.