PDA

View Full Version : Grobbulus *UGH*

Darkpassionx
01-16-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm not a tank, but our MT for Naxx likes this site, SO...we just started into Naxx a few weeks ago and can happily say that we have been successful through Military Wing, Spider Wing, and Plague Wing...and we have downed Patches within seconds of his enrange...yea...seconds. Which leads me to believe that the raid won't succeed throughout the rest of the construct Quarter without upping dps for Patch. If anyone has a reasonable DPS example for downing grobb, or perhaps a screenie where i can compare my DPS charts (from our failing grobb encounter lol) to your successful one, it would be wonderful to see. I'm just a warlock, and at the moment I usually top dps unless one of our spreists (who outgears me by alot) is in the group with us. I believe our troubles is with DPS, not with positioning, so feel free to add a thread or contact me...

Darkpassionx
Bleeding Hollow
Alliance Warlock

Amelmil
01-17-2009, 01:13 AM
for 10man:

MT - 1200 - 1600 dps
dps - 1500 - 2200 dps

for 25man :

MT -1500-2000 dps
dps - 2200 - 3200 dps

hvidgaard
01-17-2009, 05:11 AM
Those figures are off for 10man, way off.

OP, it all comes down to execution, are you able to avoid the AoE damage when the poison falls off, are you able to drop the poison correctly ect. Since you've already downed Gothik and Patch, I can't see why you shouldn't be able to get Grobbulus as well in term of dps :)

For 10man you need a total dps of 4066 on the boss to kill him before the bezerk timer, since your tank most likely will do in the range of 1000-1500 your main concern is to execute it correctly. However, we've more often ran into a "OOM-wall" when people take too much unnessesary damage.

Lizana
01-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Those figures are off for 10man, way off.

OP, it all comes down to execution, are you able to avoid the AoE damage when the poison falls off, are you able to drop the poison correctly ect. Since you've already downed Gothik and Patch, I can't see why you shouldn't be able to get Grobbulus as well in term of dps :)

For 10man you need a total dps of 4066 on the boss to kill him before the bezerk timer, since your tank most likely will do in the range of 1000-1500 your main concern is to execute it correctly. However, we've more often ran into a "OOM-wall" when people take too much unnessesary damage.

Grobb is all about your dps doing dps while moving. To give you an idea, my guild can down patch after 3 minutes. We still wipe on grobb due to not enough dps quick enough so our healers end up oom

Amelmil
01-17-2009, 09:32 AM
since when does grobbulus goes berzerk?

Lizana
01-17-2009, 09:55 AM
since when does grobbulus goes berzerk?

Since he was in 40 man naxx, in current naxx he has a 12 min enrage timer

squats
01-17-2009, 11:54 AM
it may not be that the dps is to low, it may be just that they arnt standing on his back, or that people are droping the injection in the right spots, or maybe the slimes arnt being killed in the right spots. it may even be that the tank isnt keeping the mele away from the clouds of gass (that ticks for a ton.. dont run thru it) just prefect the way that you guys are tanking him and you will get it down. note that when hes about to die he starts to spam injections so its inportant that you are droping them where they should be, otherwise it may be messy at the end.

also keep in mind that he tends to side step a lot. the mele needs to be aware of this and react quickly when he does.

Splatterror
01-19-2009, 01:02 PM
The key to the Grobb fight is (as everyone else has said) getting the ppl injected to drop their cloud in a safe spot.

I also want to add here that we tried something different with our runs and we've been 1 shotting him ever since.

1. Make sure melee dps is at the absolute MAX melee range BEHIND the boss (thats not new but very important).

2. Have the MT pick up the slime adds.. yes.. the MT not the OT. I'm MT and I just tank these myself while I'm kiting the boss. After a swing or 2 the ranged dps burn the slimes quickly and we're back to dps on the boss. Melee dps should ignore the slimes completely and stay on boss. (if one happens to get loose due to overzealous dps before I've got threat on him then the OT can glide over and pick him up).

Ever since I started picking up the slime it has been CAKE. The OT not having to run anywhere and the melee dps staying on the boss the entire time makes it that much easier to keep things orderly durring injections.