PDA

View Full Version : EoE 10 man questions

Kauvian
01-16-2009, 11:01 AM
What is/are good times to shoot for each phase?

My group is currently having a little bit of trouble with Malygos, and I want to get a good estimate on how much time we should have left at the start of p3 to realistically beat him.

dyls
01-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Ideally, you'll get to phase 2 at about 6 minutes, and phase 3 with about 3 - 4 minutes to go.

This is probably 33% about gear, and 66% about strategy. If you can consistently stack the sparks and get your DPSers standing in it, you'll rip through p1 a lot quicker. You definitely DON'T want Malygos getting any sparks. It happens, but if it's happening consistently you need to improve.

Phase 2 you want your highest melee DPSers to pick up the discs that drop and go and burn down the scions. My raid focus fires, but I've also heard of others that just 'kill whatever is closest'. If you can, you want your ranged DPS to be helping kill scions up in the air.

Once you are consistently making it to p3 with 3 minutes or so left on the clock, you have it in the bag - if you're still wiping at that point, you just need practise. The two most important things in phase 3 are DO NOT LET YOURSELF DIE and DO NOT LET YOUR STACKS DROP OFF.

If you have 8 dps on Malygos and 2 drakes healing, you want to see 8 separate debuffs of engulf on Maly at all times, and ideally, going up to and over 10+ stacks for each debuff.