PDA

View Full Version : Sarth to Malygos: How much Naxx needed? (10 Man)

Urrick
01-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Basically my question is how much is Naxx gear needed to do Malygos? I've been running Sarth raids for my guild lately and wanted to see just how much of a step up Malygos would be.

hbombs
01-16-2009, 09:49 AM
We downed malygos 10 man with about 1 1/2 naxx 10 clears. I was still in some t6 at the time.

You may be able to do it but honestly the naxx gear will help greatly. besides how are you gonna get the key if you don't clear naxx??

CombatJack
01-16-2009, 09:51 AM
My guild cleared naxx10 before going after malygos10. By that time i was decked out in heroic/badge/naxx gear. Maly hits me for about 10k and then theres the 20k arcane breath. Its more about how good your healers are than how good your gear is. You take lots of burst damage. We just started doing 25mans this week so i've only done it on the 10man.

I have about 34k hp buffed, 26k armor, 24% dodge, 18% parry, and 22% block and i have no problem tanking him.

Urrick
01-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Lol shows how much I know. Didn't realize there is a key! Thanks, will have to hold off on trying this till our Naxx crew finishes that.

zeruvar
01-16-2009, 12:27 PM
the tanking isnt hard, its the dps who needs to step up for the fight imo on this one. we tried him right couple nights ago for the first time.
i had naxx10/heroics epics with 28k unbuffed/102.8 with HS up.

dps were slow to kill the arcane sparks the first time around, and i was still tanking him fine with the first 3 sparks already on him all the way til we hit 9 mins on his enrage(having good healers also helped). had some trouble with dps wiping from arcane breaths, was too focused on sparks to stay out of his front lol

the next try, we got him all the way to phase 3, but since people were already tired (and only a few knew how to use the drakes from doing the Aces High daily) we called it for the night.

So im saying that unless your DPS is on the ball on phases 1/2 (which can make phase 3 easier considering you wont have to worry about stacking the flame debuff if you have time) you wont have to worry about tanking him.

ttocs
01-16-2009, 01:27 PM
While you're clearing Naxx, have them do the Aces High! daily in Coldarra. This will save you a LOT of learning in phase 3, since the drakes function exactly the same.