PDA

View Full Version : Enchanting Broken Promise

Pwidget
01-15-2009, 11:56 PM
I just picked up my first epic tanking weapon tonight, Broken Promise. I'm very excited about it, and that it should compare favorably in threat to a faster weapon due to DW. I had a dilemma in how I wanted to enchant it. I decided to go with accuracy, do you think I made the right choice?

Pede
01-16-2009, 02:09 AM
There's a new tank enchant coming with the next patch (3.0.8) wich adds 50 sta to your 1H..

Niian
01-16-2009, 02:12 AM
There's a new tank enchant coming with the next patch (3.0.8) wich adds 50 sta to your 1H..

Incorrect : http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f64/43950-titanguard-removed.html

Moshman
01-16-2009, 02:12 AM

That one is already removed.

Galushi
01-16-2009, 02:34 AM
Accuracy is a solid threat choice.

Pwidget
01-16-2009, 08:18 AM
Yeah the Stamina one has been removed, and I guess for me a ilvl213 tank weapon deserved a high end enchant, not just a weapon chain. Thats part of how I justified it in my mind :D

greendragonempire
01-16-2009, 08:21 AM
just put lifestealing or moongoose or smth, all the wep enchants are teh suck atm

Tohunga
01-16-2009, 10:15 AM
AFAIK, Mongoose proc rates are terrible for level 80 characters, so that option is out for me. I am probably going to snag either Lifeward, agility or a weapon chain. Does someone have math that would prioritize these for warrior tanks that are considering slow weapon enchants? My thinking is that a threat enchant would be the weapon chain, and the mitigation/avoidance enchant would be the agility. Thoughts?

frim
01-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Enchant Weapon - Fiery Weapon - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=13898) imo

clavarnway
01-16-2009, 02:53 PM
I just put a Weapon Chain on it. The hit rating is nice. I'm waiting to upgrade the enchant until the next patch actually comes out. Who knows what they will add/remove.

Dhalphir
01-16-2009, 03:06 PM
While Accuracy is good...if you have access to Broken Promise, chances are you have access to Last Laugh in the not too distant future. If gold isnt an issue go for it, but bear in mind you could replace that weapon next week, and Accuracy isn't THAT much better than a weapon chain.

Ghyiel
01-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Weapon chain is always a good bet these days, with the bit of hit. Especially if you're forseeably going to replace the weapon in the near future, even if it's just a slim chance, or if you just dont' want to blow the money for an accuracy enchant. I'd hold on to the weapon chain in hopes of seeing Last Laugh soon.

Pwidget
01-16-2009, 06:57 PM
The thing is I spend most of my raids in 10 mans, and actually planned on not picking up any 25 man gear. This week I could make our guild's 25 man raids (its only our second week, we waited to start until after christmas), and accrued enough dkp to pass the 3 other tanks who had already got loot. I don't plan on seeing a last laugh in the near future, especially being behind on dkp and having 3 other tanks in the guild wanting. So essentially this is it for me until 3.1 comes out.

Ghyiel
01-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Personally, then, I'd still stick with the chain until 3.1 comes out. It's still hard to say what all will flip around, then, there might be something better in your pocket, or more worth the money. And congratulations, by the way, on grabbing up Broken Promise out of a luck-made raid.

thedrawrf
01-17-2009, 09:42 PM
just put lifestealing or moongoose or smth, all the wep enchants are teh suck atm

Hide me.

Myzery
01-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Here is your indisputable answer:
65 AP on your slow weapon for trash.
Accuracy on your fast weapon for bosses.
Mongoose if you need additional mitigation/avoidance.
Weapon chain if you are broke.

65 AP is nice for:
- Thunderclap dmg
- Shockwave dmg
- Concussion Blow dmg
- Deep Wounds damage
- If you are hit capped (verses trash this is easy to do)
- Cost: medium

Accuracy is nice for:
- Single-target bosses
- Reaching hit cap
- Deep Wounds frequency
- Impale spec'd warriors
- Cost: High

Weapon chain is nice for:
- Stuff that disarms
- Reaching hit cap
- Cost: low

Mongoose is nice for:
- Avoidance proc
- Armor proc
- Deep Wounds frequency (proc average better then 25 static crit?)
- Impale spec warriors
- Cost: low