PDA

View Full Version : Off tanking help

AxLxExX
01-15-2009, 08:06 PM
So I did my first run through OS 10 today and there was one main problem I had with it. On the actual boss my job was easy, just picking up adds. But the 4 pulls before hand, I had one huge problem (causing like 3 whipes) which was with those 4 pulls, I was instructed to take star and diamond. I thought this would be easy until I actually did it.

When the MT pulled the four, the first one would be easy, I'd use heroic throw and he'd come right over. The problem was, by the time I needed to grab aggro on the 2nd mob that I was supposed to tank, I couldn't find him between the giant beast right in front of me, combined with the fact that the mob in question was jumbled with the other 2. I couldn't find the 2nd mob until it was too late (usually).

Any help would be appreciated. Also, has anyone had this problem? Or am I just a crappy OT...

Niian
01-15-2009, 08:16 PM
If you're having trouble, before the fight starts target the second mob and type /focus
Then target the first mob and agro like normal, click on focus frame then taunt.

Win!

AxLxExX
01-15-2009, 08:17 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH
So the focus will stay up so that I can target the 2nd guy and then click the focus?

Bulk
01-16-2009, 12:11 AM
I don't know how it is with the default UI, but with pitbull the mark a mob has is shown on the mobs unit frame (the thing with its portrait/health bar) - so all I have to do is keep tabbing till I find what I want.