PDA

View Full Version : About Morbidity

Raggnarok
01-15-2009, 06:29 PM
So today we were discussing dk strengths and weaknesses in /gchat, and I mentioned that personally I would be happy if they would just fix morbidity. Someone asked what was wrong with it, so I explained. Our gm refuses to believe that there could be a problem with that talent (because he has a dk), and insists I get 3/3. I kept telling him that it will either dc me or drop my fps to 1. He told me I should get my computer fixed because there is nothing wrong with the talent. I told him that I am not the only one who has skipped it because of the problem, and his only reply was "then they are terrible" and another officer chimed in saying "all dk tank builds have it". I'm not sure how to get them to understand that the problem is not with my computer, but with the talent.

Any idea as to how I can prove this to him short of causing a wipefest on sarth+3?

Muffin Man
01-15-2009, 06:38 PM
World of Warcraft (en) Forums -> Death Knight preformance issue with c. spells (http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=6915212201&postId=73122735948&sid=1#68)

You could point them here? I haven't read through the entire thing. But it appears that DK's have some technical issues in general, and with Morbidity specifically.

Blueduck3285
01-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Many... MANY people have been experiencing this issue and has been reported to the forums numerous times. The problem is, the moderator for the DK forums is scarce so there are no comments on ANY bug issues reported on the DK forums. On the bug forums posts have been made but nothing certain from blue yet. I would suggest to your GM that until he hits 80 and does Naxx+ on his 80 DK, he can then comment on this issue, until then he can keep it to himself. People need not comment on such things. I on the otherhand dont have this issue unless im doing mass aoe on trash upto grand widow. Anywhere else it doesnt happen for me. There is a suggestion that its only certain Gcards and outdated drivers. My suggestion is updating your drivers for starts and see if it clears things up.

Raggnarok
01-15-2009, 07:00 PM
That's part of the problem, he has an 80 dk that he used to raid with (before he went back to his warr) so he automatically assumes he knows all of their current problems/quirks....

Satorri
01-18-2009, 10:20 PM
I have 3/3 in Morbidity and don't have a problem with that. I set DnD, IT/PS, and when I hit Pest on a pull of more than 8-10 I get a complete loss of frame progression.

I don't think it's DnD for me anyway, I think it's the animation of 20 pestilence ties.

Tarrke
01-19-2009, 03:10 AM
Just as I read the post linked above, it seems that it's not only morbidity that rise this problem. Some players just unchecked the option for the special DK voices and it seems that the problem went away. You may try that maybe it will help.

And just to counter your GM and your off, just point them to my armory, I've tanked evrything in the game (except for Sarta with 3 drakes up) and don't have this talent so it's not ALL tank specs that get it (even if i concider it a good investisment, just not as good for me as somme others).

Hayz
01-22-2009, 09:36 AM
As i understood it, 3/3 morbidity led to a bug that froze screen (causing death) when used on a large number of mobs. After the last patch (3.0.8) it seems to be fixed, as i had no troubles when pulling well over 30-40 mobs and casting DnD, which pre-patch caused the bug to freeze me, unfreezing when i was dead. Granted on huge amounts of mobs you'll still lag up a bit, that can be helped by turning down graphics options. Just my experiances based on what I've seen.

Satorri
01-23-2009, 06:50 AM
I'm in heaven, actually. I was somewhat dismayed when my new vid card couldn't manage me tanking 30 mobs at once with DnD, Pest, 2 disease ticks, UB rolling, and my standard single target numbers. >.>

This week I was able to round up half the trash between Noth and Heigen, and stack the full suite, and my frame rate barely slowed!

People have been complaining about lag and server trouble, though I haven't seen it, but this particular set of problems seems significantly cleared up.

Krenian
01-23-2009, 06:53 AM
Interesting...

In all the times I tanked/dpsed pre 3.0.8, I have absolutely no idea what you guys are referring to considering I never really lagged whatsoever and always had 3/3 morbidity.

Hopefully this issue was fixed.

Satorri
01-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Like I said above, a lot of people seemed to tie it to Morbidity, but for me it didn't drop until I used pest on a group of more than 12-15, but nothing does it any more.

Fonziefabio
01-24-2009, 11:26 AM
If they don't believe you, take your guild to Onyxia. Then drop straight into one of the whelp chambers and drop your DnD there. Anyone's video card who renders the graphic in the old method (which is what the bug is) will instantly disconnect.

Wista
01-24-2009, 12:44 PM
I dont have it and seem to not need it at all even tho I wish i had 3 extra points to get it. But the point is you can tank well...very well in my case without it. I have tanked almost everything in game with my build and have no aggro or dmg taken problems.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Drak%27Tharon&n=Wista)

Satorri
01-26-2009, 06:20 AM
Back to the original post, I think it's a great buff for Unholy and Blood (I don't take it for Frost, as I will only ever drop it once if that so the reduced CD doesn't help, and I certainly don't use DC enough to make that worthwhile). That being said, the value of the talent is not an all or nothing (which is the way I prefer BotN, Reaping, and DRM), each point has value, simple as that. Take it all, take part, or don't take it, just be deliberate about why.