PDA

View Full Version : Sartharion10 - 3Drakes [Video]

Lexxaa
01-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Heya, I just thought I'd share my guild's first 10 man sarth 3D kill (server first). The kill was made by our holy pally and props to him!

The raid makeup I think is quite dependent on your guild's strengths. For us, we have a very strong DPS contingent and took a few of the strongest dps we have that also buff-wise worked well together overall.

This has been the most satisfying achievement yet in LK.

Sartharion_103.wmv - FileFront.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://static4.filefront.com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=909062@@AMEPARAM@@static4.filefront .com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=909062

Make-up was:

Warrior - Prot (me)
Druid - Feral tank
DK - Tank
DK - DPS
Pally - Holy
Priest - Disc
Shaman - Resto
Shaman - Enhance
Hunter - BM
Mage

Tanking:

For me on the drakes i found being a warrior so useful - to maximise threat and dps time, which is essential here, i would try to move as little as possible. fighting the drakes pathetic hitbox isnt going to get you very far.
So i would often be charging and intervening across the room to reach my destination in time to pick up following drakes.

For picking up the 3rd drake i would wait until Shadron breathed and run straight across the platform to avoid the loss in meelee dps time.

We had no replenishment for this particular kill, so in the end we ended up switching tanks. the Add tank taunted the 3rd drake once the acolytes were dead in portal realm, i then went to taunt sarth and then the druid tank threw our priest an innervate and was on add duty. The switch made the attempt a kill and worked really well for us. Also i had much more avoidance and could survive a bit better on sarth once the drakes were dead, since his meelee hits were much more substantial compared to his breaths.

our druid tank geared for max health to survive the breaths for the drake phase (frost resist gear gemmed up) thus his avoidance was a bit lower than usual.

Thanks for watching! :)

Xarkar
01-26-2009, 08:13 AM
Cool video....

Just curious.. but does anyone know what addon they guy is using for his party / raid?

Gnurken
01-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Anyone know if someone killed 3drake 10man since patch? With no torment dance I can't see how we can do it...

Lexxaa
01-26-2009, 07:37 PM
yeah my guild has been trying 3D 10man first time since patch it the last couple days and it seems a bit harder than before. however im not there to see it myself, but it is proving a challenge.

Xav
01-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Anyone know if someone killed 3drake 10man since patch? With no torment dance I can't see how we can do it...

Many people have, you simply have your tank use cooldowns, or put cooldowns on to your tank. We did it even with a melee group which made it all kinds of painful since ranged is so much better on the fight!

Lexxaa
01-26-2009, 09:19 PM
i know for 25 man 3D this past week my guild had no issues with it. but that would have been because of the larger amount of cooldowns available to us.