PDA

View Full Version : Paladin MT on 4 Horsemen

Hydrasauce
01-15-2009, 11:23 AM
I am MT for our guilds 2nd group running 10 man naxx, we have group 1 clearing naxx every week which i was OT but every time i missed out on 4 horsemen due to work or what not so i never got to see that fight until i became MT of the second group...well anyways we know the fight for the most part our biggest area's of concern are the back 2 casters being "tanked" without giving the group an AoE which usually happens when we put somone new back there because we dont have enough healers in our guild atm so i usually pug one...and we have people rotating back there, but my main question is in the front with Thane and Baron, we usually start on Baron, then move to Thane which is just opposite of Ciderhelms video but it works for us in our first group, so when im switching we have a terrible time with the taunting of each others mob, being as the only taunt i seem to have taunts 3 mobs off the target (Righteous Defence) so if my OT taunts before me everything just goes crazy and we end up having to take more marks so we can let the other ones wear off, do any other pally tanks know of a better way to do this?

thanks for any help, and also sorry for such a long post on such a simple question

Sedraxis
01-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Wall of text ftl....

As a tankadin myself the only thing i can say to do is to make sure you taunt first. Another easy thing to do is to switch player position and not mob position. This allows for the second tank (your OT) to taunt after he knows you have his mob.

As for your back positioning problem, Agro is generated on the person closest to casting range. if your back healer can take a shot or 2 have them step in until the "tank" is there. Makes the world a lot easier.

Krete
01-15-2009, 11:29 AM
I just coordinate over vent with my warrior buddy so that I taunt first, then he taunts.

Of course, after 3.0.8 that becomes a lot easier.

BlazeDale
01-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Communication is the Key.... Taunt first and make sure the other tank knows the mechanics of your taunt and fully understands they are the reasons for the wipe when they are taunting first.

Last night we did it with 2 pally tanks : /
I had to taunt off the other pally tank, a dps DK had to taunt off of me and then the other pally tank had to taunt off of DK. Just set up a taunt order stick with it.

After the patch you shouldn't have to worry about who taunts first as pallys are getting a single target taunt.

Sedraxis
01-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Communication is the Key.... Taunt first and make sure the other tank knows the mechanics of your taunt and fully understands they are the reasons for the wipe when they are taunting first.

Last night we did it with 2 pally tanks : /
I had to taunt off the other pally tank, a dps DK had to taunt off of me and then the other pally tank had to taunt off of DK. Just set up a taunt order stick with it.

After the patch you shouldn't have to worry about who taunts first as pallys are getting a single target taunt.

Im so glad i never had to deal with 2 pally tanks lol

Hydrasauce
01-15-2009, 11:43 AM
yea thats usually what i try to do but sometimes my OT isnt paying attention and just taunts and im lik Argg....so didnt know if there was a better way to do it or if i was doing it the best way possible...and i can say we can use alot more communication in our runs thats for sure

I ususally explain fights, call things out, but some people in our runs just arent listening or something, or thinks it doesnt mean that they have to stack on tank to when thane is metoring...idk 4 horseman and gluth are our biggest problems right now so, thanks for you help

Sedraxis
01-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Hydra if you are having trouble with it, have a dps taunt it and then you taunt off him, like the double pally strat

Hydrasauce
01-15-2009, 11:48 AM
that actually might not be a bad idea, i think it would make the transition a bit smoother in our run so....i would never have thought of that

Sedraxis
01-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Tho if your OT isnt following instructions to let you taunt first, just beat him over the head with a bat. Works well the first couple times ;-)

Hydrasauce
01-15-2009, 11:56 AM
he does it every now and then, this was our first week of naxx for group 2, and only 2 people in the group have naxx exp, and in this first week we downed everything but 4 horsemen and Gluth so, once we get the kiting on gluth down and the transitions with baron and thane we should be pretty good to go, i think that Sapp and KT and thadd are ez mode

Nume
01-15-2009, 06:39 PM
What my guild does now as long as the dps is decent is to simply have all dps on the thane side and burn him hard immediately. If you have a shaman for bloodlust/heroism it helps a lot. If you have decent dps, you should be able to kill him within 3-4 marks, at which point its extremely easy and the MT just has to taunt baron off the OT and the OT runs out. This makes the fight much easier, especially with pally tanks. We actually do it this way even though we dont normally use paladin tanks because the fight is just faster and easier this way.

As far as the back side, we generally have our weakest dps and a healer back there, switching at 3 marks. The healer just keeps them both up, and the dps just kind of tanks whichever one, of course avoiding the zones. Our 2nd healer (only use 2) focuses on the MT and the raid taking meteor/mark dmg, and if needed will heal the off tank once or twice, but really shoudlnt need it if he uses his cooldowns to keep himself up and the dps is good.