PDA

View Full Version : Grobbulus 25-man slime spray issues

bigredbird
01-15-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm a warrior tank and I MT Grob for my guild. We have had success on Grob before, but last night we ran into all kinds of problems with the slimes.

On our success with Grob I didn't kite him any differently than I was last night, but for some reason we seemed to get multiple fallout slimes quite frequently. I specifically remember two instances where I was 5+ yards away from him waiting for him to run to me and he turned and sprayed the group (and definitely not because of aggro). Other times I noticed his big steps getting to me would cause him to overshoot and turn around. This is my problem to fix for sure. Any ideas on the best way to do that?

We were rather melee heavy last night so perhaps this had something to do with our bad luck, but I was curious if anybody else is still struggling with this fight.

I found this post (link (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f126/42132-urgent-help-needed-grobbulus.html)), but it is rather old and didn't really help me make better decisions on what to do tonight so I figured I would try again (and I wanted a more descriptive title for searches)

Sangi
01-15-2009, 10:47 AM
We had similar issues. Talk to your melee and stress to them that they need to stay behind him and at MAX HIT RANGE. I have found that if the game thinks that a player is in his targeting reticule that person is hit by the slime.

YMMV.

bigredbird
01-15-2009, 10:47 AM
ugh, wrong forum...how do i delete/move?

Sedraxis
01-15-2009, 10:49 AM
yea big i had this same problem last night. Found that the melee were wrapping around his side instead of being right behind him, but that was due to me not pulling him back far enough

Nez
01-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Melee has to stay behind him as you know, so sounds like it might of been a bit laggy with his jumping around. Its possible they were getting in front a bit and getting nicked. We usually only get one at a time every clear, but Tuesday when we killed him, it was laggy for us, and we had a couple 2-3 slime spawns ourselves.

bigredbird
01-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Lag issues have certainly caused us problems elsewhere (horsemen...sheesh), so I could see that. The run did not seem smooth at all compared to other runs.

Its possible melee was messing up, but other than saying 400 times to stay behind Grob I don't know how to fix that potential problem. I tried moving him more and more each attempt and ended up doing a ton of moving but I didn't see much difference in the results.

Labguy23
01-15-2009, 12:25 PM
When he does his mutagenic injection, he will temporarily turn to the person he gives it to. If he decides to spray at that moment, it will hit whoever is in front of him, aggro or not.

It is just an anomaly of the fight. There is nothing you can do to fix it. Most fights, it will never happen. Just sounds like you got unlucky a few times in a row.

Nume
01-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Well and as far as him running past you and turning, it helps a lot if you dont move too fast and never get too far from him. It works best if you take small steps, they can be quick but need to go, stop, go, stop in quick small steps. This seems to help with the issue of him overshooting you. He stops when he casts his poison cloud or whatever its called, so if you keep moving when he does it he wil get farther away, and in his effort to catch up he can run past you as you said and then spray the melee.

Speech
01-21-2009, 12:45 PM
He did the ole Injection turn + spray twice yesterday in the same fight. Its just bad luck bud. Ive found that tapping my back key works best for him.

Vakfaroosh
01-21-2009, 12:56 PM
I have to say we have never had an issue with grobbulus spraying melee, our melee our very aware of spacing, until last night.

We had no lag, everything was great but he would always get two slimes and melee was standing on top of each other. Something changed in the patch, but eh he still died with no issues.

Viagro
01-30-2009, 10:35 PM
I have to say we have never had an issue with grobbulus spraying melee, our melee our very aware of spacing, until last night.

We had no lag, everything was great but he would always get two slimes and melee was standing on top of each other. Something changed in the patch, but eh he still died with no issues.

Same here, After trying different strats with our slime issue also, i think we've come to the conclusion, something changed in the patch.

We had perfect placing, perfect movement, but he seemed to spray sometimes when he would inject people also.

We will get him down, just gonna take a lil twinking on our part.

Dimness
02-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Our group (10-man) had problems with him as well. His hit box is extremely small, and even if I back peddle correctly, he'll still overstep me, and if we're unlucky turn and spray the group behind him.

I'm wondering if this was done on purpose to make the fight harder?

Viagro
02-02-2009, 03:52 AM
Our group (10-man) had problems with him as well. His hit box is extremely small, and even if I back peddle correctly, he'll still overstep me, and if we're unlucky turn and spray the group behind him.

I'm wondering if this was done on purpose to make the fight harder?

That and the lowering of his rage timer I think. Any conformation?

jonnyV
02-03-2009, 04:18 AM
I find if you stop or let him get too close he will turn and spray..
just keep walking backwards and only stop after he does his spray.

Viagro
02-07-2009, 11:09 PM
I decided to change up our strat for our run this week and it seemed to work perfectly.

We did everything as usual, the only thing I had my melee DPS do was hang out behind him at his left foot, the one closest to the wall if your kiting clockwise. We only got 1 slime the whole fight. After checking out our run, he would turn and spray behind him away from the wall.

Don't know if its just a fluke or there was a fix but he was one shotted after trying this strat. For those who are having problems, I really hope this works for you.