PDA

View Full Version : The Undying

Horacio
01-14-2009, 02:16 PM
So....a group in my guild got this monday night. I knew the players in the group were good but this is nuts. A 1 night clear too. As far as I know, one other guild beat them to it and it wasn't one of the top tier raiding guilds.

My team, on the other hand ain't getting this anytime soon, lol. Its a hell of an impressive achievement.

Anyone else gotten this? I think Xav has the heroic version but well, they are a top tier raiding guild.

Churles
01-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Our guild has not done 10 man raids together since we started 25 mans.
I really want it though (even moreso "The Immortal" but good luck with lag boss)

On my realm I've only seen some people from the top ally guild with it.

Tharr
01-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Have had it for a while. Almost had the heroic one but some people just had to chain on the 4H so 4 people got oneshot, everything else went perfect.

Tankueray
01-14-2009, 02:26 PM
going for it tonight, we decided to do Dedicated Few last week. We actually had everything perfect until one of the adds Thaddius decided he wanted to eat our ret pally. No one else died. I was impressed

Inaara
01-14-2009, 02:39 PM
The achievement only counts the fights where the boss dies. So if you really want it you just need to wipe if someone bites the dust.

Tonylicious
01-14-2009, 02:47 PM
The achievement only counts the fights where the boss dies. So if you really want it you just need to wipe if someone bites the dust.

I don't believe that's true. Can you verify from personal experience?

Nume
01-14-2009, 05:07 PM
I havent tried it myself but I actually wouldnt doubt it from the wording of the achievement. It states something like no member of the group dies on any of the bosses, but that would lead me to think it means on any of the bosses when you kill them, so yeah I could be wrong but wouldnt surprise me if this is true. If someone has the achievement and can verify it though that would be great.

Dhalphir
01-14-2009, 05:18 PM
if it were true, i would think a lot more people have the achivement, because it is simply a test of patience if you can just wipe and try again.

Magnuss
01-14-2009, 08:02 PM
I have confirmed it, absolutely NOBODY can die while a boss is engaged. If the whole raid wipes and does the boss again with no deaths, it does not count. Sorry guys, takes alot of individual effort. But what did you expect for such a badass title?

rofflez
01-15-2009, 12:08 PM
was so close to this one. tanked it and of all the places where you can die from, it has to be from the last boss. a healer backed up into another healer and one of the healer we had died.

will try again with the same grp when reset.

Ciderhelm
01-15-2009, 12:11 PM
We're actively working on both Immortal and Undying.

On Undying, we lost a player to Sapphiron b/c one of our two healers got blocked and the other was too far to heal. We learned that we are not going to do this encounter again w/o 3 healers in 10-man.

Immortal begins this week. I anticipate our weak points will be: Razuvious, Four Horsemen, Kel'thuzad. The rest should go smooth.

Nightdemon
01-15-2009, 05:02 PM

That used to be true, however, it was hot-fixed already.

Pul
01-15-2009, 05:12 PM
My guild got 1 group with that achivement aswell, the 10man version.

We only realised by the time we got to Kel that noone had died in any boss fight yet. Last week we tried again with only 2 healers this time and we nearly got it again. A mage died just at last second on Thaddius and while pulling the abominations on Kel (for the 18 abomination achivement) a retri pala suicided into them :D

The WWS's if anyone interested:
Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/lhodu4zzit6oe) = WIN
Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/ep5l64csahanw) = Fail

Crommi
01-15-2009, 06:19 PM
We got it tonight without too much problems and only had two close calls that scared us, first was warlock pulling aggro right off the bat on Loatheb and then squishy priest getting iceblock during KT.

It's been a good week since last night we got Sartharion + 3 drakes for the first time as well :)

Edit: Almost forgot... In case someone is wondering, killing Patchwerk in 3 minutes flat doesn't count for achievement: :mad:
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/6097/aaaaaarrrgghhhhhnl9.th.jpg (http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aaaaaarrrgghhhhhnl9.jpg)

Amelmil
01-16-2009, 03:02 AM
Almost had it last nite in a guild run with some alts and some casuals but screwed up on 2 fights:

razu where a add died then the other add MC ran out and when re-MC taunt was on cd. Taunt went up right when the dk tank tanking razu died due to cd running out /sigh

on KT when 3 person died due to healer oom

Gnurken
01-16-2009, 03:21 AM
Did it last week, the 10man version. Had our Moonkin spec Resto for the evening so we had 3 healers just to smooth things up a bit. Was quite nervous last percent on KT :)

Gad
01-16-2009, 06:49 AM
We've done this on 10 man. The first time we tried someone died in kts iceblock :( The 2nd time ret paladin killed themselves on gluth but on the 3rd time we got it. Running with 2 healers.

Crommi
01-16-2009, 07:11 AM
Just do yourself a favor and run with three healers, especially two holy priests are amazing for Sapphiron. (double lightwells ftw)

Ciderhelm
01-17-2009, 01:55 AM
For Undying tonight, we ran with 2 healers up until Four Horsemen (which we saved for last), then had our Shaman respec for healing for the final 3. I'd definitely recommend 3 healers at least for those 3.

Lexxaa
01-18-2009, 03:09 PM
my group almost had it a couple weeks ago.. then someone died at 1% on KT

GG! we will have i soon enough though. just gota take things easy and pay attention. it really isnt a hard achievement at all if you take people who can stay completely focused for a few hours.

Fenicks
01-18-2009, 03:12 PM
My guild did two Naxx10 groups last night. One was Undying, one was The Dedicated Few.

The Undying group got it no problem.

Our group decided we wanted to make a conscious effort at the Undying (with 8 people). We held on to it until Gluth with no deaths. Our Gluth comp wasn't great and it led to our Boomkin having to taunt Gluth once to get the debuff off of me...unfortunately we didn't have any kind of Tranq either and he died :(

Nobody died for the rest of the night, and we were sad. We now call our druid "The One Dying".

We're making our first try at The Immortal this week. The only problem I can forsee is Thaddius or Horsemen lag.

Crommi
01-19-2009, 07:23 AM
Why didn't you run with two tanks? Just have two tanks on Gluth as usual and then shamans, hunters, DKs or paladins handling the zombies.

We also failed The Immortal on Gluth last night but that was due to horrible lag which made healing impossible for short periods of time.

Specpally
01-20-2009, 03:13 AM
So....a group in my guild got this monday night. I knew the players in the group were good but this is nuts. A 1 night clear too. As far as I know, one other guild beat them to it and it wasn't one of the top tier raiding guilds.

My team, on the other hand ain't getting this anytime soon, lol. Its a hell of an impressive achievement.

Anyone else gotten this? I think Xav has the heroic version but well, they are a top tier raiding guild.
Happened to score the title/achievement last night. Group 1 for my guild needed to clear Abom wing then Sapph/KT, so I was asked to heal it. So we started with no problems, slaughtered Patch without breaking a sweat.

Grob, on the other hand, made all of us nervous. Somebody went down to ~2k health, but luckily I was able to pop my Holy Shock onto him while I had to run to a corner to drop the damn injection. After that, it just got worse for us since I had to keep up with getting injection after injection and still keep the MT up.

To my surprise (well not really) the Resto druid with us kept everybody going while I was running back to spam FoL to mop everything up. So a few mins with toying around with Grob, we moved onto Gluth. Unluckily, the Ret pally decided he wouldn't have the skill to kite the zombies, which led to our Shadow priest respeccing to CoH, and I going to Prot. We decided I'd tank with a dps druid OT'ing, while the original MT kiting the zombies. Worked really well and downed Gluth too. Thaddius and Sapph weren't hard at all and just killed them with ease.

As for Kel, we got scared a bit because of his Ice Tombs where somebody went below 1500 health, but didn't die (yay!) While I was seeing that the CoH priest and Resto druid kept everything clear, I'd just Holy Shock, Judge and Exorcise KT, then go back to healing. Once again, the Ice Tombs scared the hell out of everybody since the tank and 2 dps were chained (go go Holy Shock crit to give instant FoL) but we recovered. Once the 2 adds came out, the dps stepped it up and we downed KT.

When we saw that the achievement was obtained, we all spazzed out and cheered to enjoy our new title (not many guilds have it, even though it truly isn't hard to aquire) Even a guild picture was taken ^.^ I even got to snag the shield from Grob, the cloak from Gluth , and the trink from Thadd. Man, what a night lol.

SquishemHard
01-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Doing fine with this even with 1 healer DC'ing constantly and only 8 people for The Dedicated Few. Until Gluth... Healer lags out of the pipe, gluth attacks and evades the MT, killing the healer. Finished the fight with a total of 7 people only one of which was a healer. The very nature of the internet makes some of these moments very saddening.

Ray
01-22-2009, 08:21 AM
For Undying tonight, we ran with 2 healers up until Four Horsemen (which we saved for last), then had our Shaman respec for healing for the final 3. I'd definitely recommend 3 healers at least for those 3.

We got this last reset after almost getting it during our 8 man run (dont do Ferlina's enrage with just 8 people and no one to really clear poisons) the previous week.

Group setup:

Prot War
Unholy DK (Me) - I was speced into a few DPS talents too and brought my DPS gear
2 healers: Resto Shaman and druid
6 DPS
2 Mages
1 BM hunter (this was monday before patch)
Enhammy Shamman
Ret Pally
Shadow Priest

The only fight that even gave us a slight problem was KT and thats just the nature of the fight.

Tips to get this achievement:
1. Dont do any other side achievements: IE, where full FR gear, dispell enrages, dont pull extra Abombs, etc. Your going to pick up atleast safety dance and possibly shocking but thats it (we ended up getting the 20 min achievement just bc we pull trash fast and value DPS)

2. Take 2 full spec tanks. Theres no reason not too and again, your trying to control the fights and play it safe.

3. Only take 2 healers. This may seem contradictory, but the shorter the fight, the better. We broke almost all of our old records on boss kill times.

4. Do whatever you think will be hardest for you first. We ended up doing Abomb > Plague > DK > spider. This gave us a nice break before KT for everyone to have some "down time" in pay attention.

5. For 4 horseman, we just had the Enhammy heal the tank by himself. We stacked all the DPS and one healer on Thane's side, blew hero and killed him before the 4th mark. I then taunted Baron over to the DPS and we blew him up right after the 4th mark. After that, its easy. Just dont group up on the chain guy and get gibbed and you win.

6. Lastly, for Saph and KT. Group up on one side, stay relatively close. For Saph, we just said as soon as one IB goes out, everyone gets to it. In full FR, we werent worried about the chain and if needed the off healers could throw a few heals. For KT, everyone again needs to be on the same side of the room, in range of both healers and healers being in range of each other. We lost a healer the previous week due to him being out of range of the other. For the adds, you can have your MT tank them all, but to keep people out of melee the warrior tanked the adds.

Other than that, bring people that know the fights and you trust and burn the hell out of the bosses. The shorter the fight the better. For all the hard bosses we were able to only do one phase 2 of w/e. Noth only ported once (and he was at like 5% too) and we only danced once with Heigan. With a well geared group its about 3 to 4 hours of perfect focus and game play. GL everyone!

hbombs
01-22-2009, 08:25 AM
we lost ours (10 man) when gluth evade bugged then one shot a healer. I think its because not everyone left the tunnel at the same time... who knows.

Beatzz
01-22-2009, 08:26 PM
My grp almost gets Undying everyweek we just have someone pull something stupid on heigan or KT

Niian
01-22-2009, 08:48 PM
gluth evade bugging shits me off.
So I make sure I cast stuff all the way down the tunnel :P

Pasch
01-23-2009, 04:25 PM
I've completed it I think 4 times now. I've never done 10man naxx with more than 2 healers. On 4hm we simply have a moonkin and shadowpriest tank the back side and healing themselves. All the other bosses are very easy to duo-heal and there's absolutely no reason to bring 3 healers from my experience

Mindslayer
01-23-2009, 08:28 PM
We didn't get it this week because our warlock decided it was time to fail the dance at Heigan.

Everything else went smoothly, with no deaths.

We had a pretty regular group, we even brought some casuals from the guild.

Lexxaa
01-26-2009, 08:41 PM
we were fine until 1% on KT.

add tank was taking obviously increasing damage off the adds. KT turns around and ice tombs him. 11k incoming damage per-second... he died so fast it was ridiculous. of all the people in the raid it had to be the OT right?

GG RNG.. so annoying

Satrina
01-26-2009, 08:48 PM
We just misdirect/taunt the bugs to me as I tank KT in 10 man. Way to make extra tanks feel needed, Blizz!

Caulle
01-26-2009, 09:00 PM
I started running our 10man Achievement runs two weeks ago. The basic premise was to get everyone caught up on all achievements. If we got to KT and no one had died, then we'd skip the abombs and go for Undying. Other than a huge panic attack the first week during KT, I've found Undying to be relatively easy to get.

The first week I stacked the group and ran 2 healers to make sure we were in and out as fast as possible. The only achievements people needed to catch up on were 3min PW and Shocking. By the time Saph died, no one else, so we skipped the Abombs and went for it. There was a huge panic moment with KT at like 5% when a void zone appeared beneath me. I side stepped quickly and he immediately decided to Tomb the Enhc Shaman I moved into range of. I think the healers had a heart attack on that one, but we walked away with a victory.

The second week I was really worried about because the rogue we brought virtually had NO achievements. The only one he did have was The Safety Dance, so we got him completely caught up on everything, and still pulled off Undying by the end of the night.

I think the only reason we've managed it 2 weeks back to back is the fact that we go on Tuesdays and not too many raids run that day for some reason on our server, so we're relatively lag free. Now, The Immortal? Oh hell no. We're not even close to getting that right now unless we push our naxx raid to a different night.

Lexxaa
01-26-2009, 09:15 PM
yeah we moved our naxx25 night to later in the week to save us having stupid lag issues at the start of the week. in an attempt to get the immortal. it definitely makes a difference not doing naxx first up in the raid week.

we are really close to it at the moment. we were clean this past week until a small slip on razuvious. after that we did have a random death on KT. but apart from that we are managing the rest very cleanly. hopefully we will have it within a couple more resets.

Kranmar
01-27-2009, 02:47 AM
We had a 10-man group in my guild do the Undying about three weeks ago in a one night clear. We really wanted the title because it fits rather nicely with our guild name (Undying Legacy). It was our first serious attempt at it and some fights were rather stressful. One thing is certain, you can die between bossfights on trash or the stupid slimes right after patchwerk, but not on bossfights themselves. We made sure that noone was looting Grobbulus and died from poison clouds (which happens almost every week in naxx 25 -_-).
The trickier fights to get this achievement are (a wrongly timed DC will make these fights nearly impossible towin):

Grobbulus
Gluth
Thaddius
Heigan
Sapphiron
Kel'Thuzad

If noone DCs and you can keep your zombie tank on Gluth alive, then "the Undying" isn't all that hard to get. With an alt run on 10-man this weekend we were four deaths away from it again, and we weren't trying very hard considering our gear status. The Immortal is a lot more difficult since you have 15 extra people that can make a mistake or DC at the wrong time. But, as we now cleared most of the content we'll start trying for that next.

Roarc
01-27-2009, 03:06 AM
Undying is a bit of a... We had a clean run last week, no deaths until on KT at 37% where two melees chain frost each-other. That sorta sucked.

Regards
Thugs

Rukrow
02-01-2009, 07:42 AM
we did the undying, and had one guy die for the immortal on Saph because he wasn't behind the block. he will not be playing with us anytime soon.

its truly just a act of preparation make sure u set heals up, tanks up and don't wing it as if u were just clearing naxx to get it done. the right group make up helps as well. as always ranged are preferred over meele

Lexxaa
02-01-2009, 05:04 PM
got it last night woo!

incredibly clean run, thats our second group through

Porcini
02-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Lost ours at KT last night on our first focused 'undying' run. Make sure your healers are awake for KT and cast fast heals on victims of icetomb!

Horacio
02-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Well, considering we are still having trouble with Sapphiron and KT, this is probably not in the immediate future for my raid group even if my guild has a group that has done it. But I'd like to keep working at it and take it boss by boss. We started on Patchwerk last night and the hunter pulled but forgot to hit MD. /facepalm. So, we 9 manned him and lost the achievement.

Verdekins
02-08-2009, 07:03 AM
We tried our first Undying last week, 3 healers the whole time. Had our Shaman ghetto DPS and we had a DK ghetto tank. ( Exceptional Tank set ) So when we hit most fights we were 2 healers 1 tank. Then when it got rough we had 2 tanks and 3 healers for fights with more random happenings.

Our only death was on Gluth from a fluke d/c sucked horribly. But promising for next week :) Wish us luck!

As for the topic. On Echo Isles US we have 5-6 ? Guilds with Undying groups. No Immortal achivements yet but were getting close as well. Previous week we had 1 death on instructor when a priest d/c'd :(

Akeber
02-08-2009, 03:40 PM
*Big Magic and Mayhem wave from echo isles*

We got this last night, and we weren't even trying for it. We had two wings cleared when someone mentioned that no one had died yet, and then it was on!

WoW Meter Online - The Best World of Warcraft Combat Log Analyse System!Fully support Wrath of the Lich King! (http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/415752)
Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/vu1xc5mgcqctm)

Verdekins
02-10-2009, 02:22 AM
:p I was in Naxx when you guys got it. Grats!

We've sorta gona for it the past couple weeks but I usually MT it and Almost every run Ive somehow managed to fuck it up :( D/C on Patch at 10% then my char despawns and a melee eats it.

traysurfer
02-16-2009, 05:43 PM
We have made active attempts the last two weeks on undying. First week we had a small fluke on patchwerk and for whatever reason he just ran through the OT who pulled him and then went and smashed all the dps.

Last nights run was great, we were smooth as butter all the way through. We always seem to run melee heavy so we had our 2 DK's stack on each other so only they would chain an iceblock, worked out great untill 30% when somebody stopped paying attention and moved and it chained 3 melee including myself the tank and we had a death.

I think I cried a little

We have decided next week one of the melee is gonna have to just stand out in the caster crowd for the sake of that achievement.

Our setup (for those interested)

2 tanks (warrior MT, pally OT)
2 healers (druid, priest)
6 dps (unholy DK, blood DK, elemental shaman, hunter, fury warrior, rogue)

I will be Adremer the Undying next week!!!

tPaste
02-17-2009, 02:49 PM
We got this about two weeks ago, and it took two weeks to pull it off. The first week we had 2 deaths, one on Heigan to (OF ALL THINGS) a hunter pulling threat coming off the dance. *facepalm* I realize that a part of the blame falls on me for that since I didn't watch omen and didn't taunt, but really...how often is threat a problem on that fight? The only other death we had was on 4H (because we switched gears and went for "they would all go down together", which we wouldn't have tried if we were working for undying).

The next week we pulled it off. Man, vent was near SILENT for a good portion of the last 3 boss attempts...the tension was palpable...especially after we heard a rival guild going for it earlier that same night had a mage blink out of a void zone with 10% left on KT only to get himself iceblocked (and consequently two others including one healer)...what a way to lose the achievement.

So if we can pull of 10-man Sarth-3D I'll get my plagued proto-drake! yay!

Of note, we took 3 healers the whole night. Sure the encounters can be done with 2 (as we did when we went for Dedicated Few), but three offers more coverage and security so why not play it safe?

greendragonempire
02-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Congrats. Personally, I execute every boss fight perfectly and If I raided with 24 of myself I would have the title.

Realistically, we ony do naxx now for alts and to gear our newbies, so dying and wiping happens every week and it would not be appreciated if our guild elites all locked themselves together in naxx for the undying title.

tPaste
02-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Realistically, we ony do naxx now for alts and to gear our newbies, so dying and wiping happens every week and it would not be appreciated if our guild elites all locked themselves together in naxx for the undying title.

Well, it's an unfortunate reality that the only real way to measure progression with the current content the way it is, is through achievements. I don't like that it's gone that way, but it has. The titles and mounts are nice, but simply having more content would be preferable.

Also, I imagine it's a culture difference. I know I'd rather be attempting things I hadn't done before than just farm stuff for gear...and we're trying to recruit that way to. We're not there yet, but we're getting closer. If your particular server is behind the times (as ours is) and you can get a faction or server first, why wouldn't you want to work toward that goal?

Squashed
02-18-2009, 07:08 AM
We did an 8man & undying right at the same time last night, 2 healers. Brought in +1 mage for 4H (isn't on 8man achieve). We barely missed it, will get next time.

Trouble spots were...

Razuvious - UI problems made it so I was unable to cancel my MC, and of course it wore off mid-battle.

Gluth - Suprised? If you're a druid in bear form, do not shift out of bear into cat near the decimate timer...Combat log read *** gains cat form, *** gets hit by Gluth's decimate for 35,984.

Other death was single hunter on KT due to iceblock and low health. Adding a healer (priest, please) and another DPS would make a huge difference and I'm entirely confident we can do it.

On the +side I picked up a new tanking chest, new dps shoulders, and 2 new 2h weapons!

greendragonempire
02-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Well, it's an unfortunate reality that the only real way to measure progression with the current content the way it is, is through achievements. I don't like that it's gone that way, but it has. The titles and mounts are nice, but simply having more content would be preferable.

Also, I imagine it's a culture difference. I know I'd rather be attempting things I hadn't done before than just farm stuff for gear...and we're trying to recruit that way to. We're not there yet, but we're getting closer. If your particular server is behind the times (as ours is) and you can get a faction or server first, why wouldn't you want to work toward that goal?

I play on the US server with the first onyxia kill :D

My guild is way more casual than the hardcore raid guilds, and we even have everything on farm if that is any indication of our servers progression

tPaste
02-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Razuvious - UI problems made it so I was unable to cancel my MC, and of course it wore off mid-battle.

Ugh...I have had this problem. The Solution? Well it's far from ideal, but /dance will make you stop the MC, and you can re-activate it immediately.

Ariedan
02-18-2009, 06:28 PM
We got Undying some time last week, and it surprisingly wasn't as hard as we thought. We took two healers and a full melee group, which in retrospect, was probably not the best idea, but it wasn't as if we had planned to do this run ahead of time.

Razuvious I thought would be a challenge, but I didn't MC so I could stay out to pick up loose adds/MC breaks. Our biggest challenge was actually KZ because of our nearly full melee group, but we had very few close calls.

/edit

For clarification, we ran with:

Two holy/disc priests
Two enhance shamans
A prot warrior
A feral druid with excellent kitty gear
A ret paladin
A mage
A rogue
An arms warrior

We only had two healers, except on KT, when one of the enhance shamans stood out of the melee group and healed a bit. Although that was less to do with needing extra healing, and more to do with way too many melee. :P

kelvs
02-18-2009, 06:54 PM
I died in Heigan due to a 3 sec lag spike during the dance. =/

Onyxspear
02-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Got this title yesterday and got the dedicated few at the same time.

Warrior tank
Frost tank (me!)
Ret Pally
Shadow Priest
Holy Pally
Resto Druid
Mage
Unholy DPS DK

I respec'd to kite zombies on Gluth with Chillbains. Fights took a lot longer then usual, and KT was super tense, as our holy paladin got frost tombed 3 times in a row.

Biggest difficulties were:

Gluth kiting (we discussed this for like 10 mins how to do it with our current group, we ended up making the DPS DK put on his tank set for Gluth).

Horsemen being much longer then normal, meaning much more time for people to mess up. We kept 3 in the back instead of trying something haphazard and just dealt with lower DPS on Thane and Riv.

KT was super tense as I said because it took much longer then normal which leads to more OH crap situations.

We have been trying to 3 weeks to do this, a death on Heigan stopped us on week, a death on Thaddius as someone fried themselves the next week, and our warrior tank died on Meaxxna (somehow) last week.

Pickles
03-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Like Onyxspear above, achieved this on Sunday along with the Dedicated Few. We brought:

1 Teddy Tank
1 Prot Pally (me)
1 Ret Pally
1 Fury Warrior
1 Mage
1 Boomkin
1 Resto Druid
1 Shaman healer

Also managed both Thaddius achievements, and brought another shammy healer in to assist with 4H only (as it's not part of the Dedicated Few).

We weren't aiming for Undying but after we got to Sapph with no deaths, hearts started racing and from then it became a very concentrated affair. No daft deaths on Sapph and one long and tense KT fight later (I was iceblocked once), and we had it.

I was very proud of my group of knowledgable, yet casual guildies that day.

Blagart
03-20-2009, 06:15 AM
We tried last week. First boss was Razuvious, due to some UI problems the other tank could not taunt him, we wiped. We re armed the raid and went for it again. We had some bumps on the road... on Grobbulus the shaman dropped Poison Cleansing totem, took us 3 infections to figure it out, everyone was panicking. On Heigan 2 of us almost died due to latency. We reached KT, 96%, I get DCed, Void Zone on me (I was waiting on the side to tank the adds)...

We are going for it again tonight.

greendragonempire
03-20-2009, 07:20 AM
I've got it

Speckles
03-20-2009, 06:03 PM
A group of us did this tonight on Bronze Dragonflight (EU - Alliance)

Group makeup was:

2x Feral Tanks
1x Elemental Shammie
2x Rogue
1x Hunter
1x Shadow Priest
2x Holy Priest
1x Holy Paladin

We earmarked Thaddius, Heigan, Four Horsemen and KT as the potential banana skins for us, so we did the wings in that order, Construct, Plague, Military, then Spider, and finally Sapph/KT.

We got "Arachnophobia" and "Shocking!" along the way and never really had any troubles until the Four Horsemen. About 20 seconds before the end of the encounter, with only Zeliek left alive, one of our rogues got zerged and died. Having read the stories about people dying after Rivendare is down not voiding the achievement we decided to push on. After a tense KT fight (like others have said, it seemed to take an age) we finally got him down and all received the title.

All in all, lots of fun :D

Cheers and good luck to all those who try this ^^

Zo
03-21-2009, 10:26 PM
My 10 man group I run with every week finally got it done earlier tonight. It was a lot of fun. By the time we got to KT though my eye's were the size of grapefruits because I was watching EVERYONE making sure they did not slip up. The Undying is very fitting title for a tank although it contradicts my undead race.

Squashed
03-23-2009, 05:16 AM
We did the undying last night, started 9pm EST decdied to push through after getting through 2 wings unscathed. As far as I can remebmer, we didn't have a single close call until KT.

Mage disconnected during phase 2, he immediately received a shadow-fissure, voiding the achievement. He does not have a history of DCs / computer issues.