PDA

View Full Version : Sartharion Heroic 3 Drake Kill Video [Warrior MT]

Roarc
01-14-2009, 03:42 AM
I'd just like to share with you our 3 drake Sartharion Kill last night (Heroic version). We had an iffy set-up you could say the least but said at raid start "let's give 3 drakes a go and see where we land". Lo and behold, we almost one-shot the bastard… 22 deaths laters, some lucky and very quick thinking of our raid we prevailed.

Our setup was:
- 3 Tanks
- 7 Healers
- 15 dps

I'll add more comments to this later on - feel free to comment the video or ask questions. There is a high-resolution download available from File-front also.

TNE Sartharion 3 Drake - FileFront.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://static2.filefront.com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=910080@@AMEPARAM@@static2.filefront .com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=910080

Regards
Thugs
Warrior of Agamaggan EU

Roarc
01-14-2009, 03:46 AM
<Might be used for comments later on>

Glok
01-14-2009, 05:01 AM
cool kill.. I enjoyed that

Magnuss
01-14-2009, 05:11 AM
Awesome recovery there, definitely possible to pick it back up after the MT goes down that far into the fight. I cant say i blame that druid tho.

Fayre
01-14-2009, 06:38 AM
Wow what a recovery. All credit to you guys :)

ibetank
01-14-2009, 08:09 AM
GRATS and I have a question for you.

I am a warrior also tanking sarth and I found a problem with the timing on the big wigs addon breath timer and the actual breaths not syncing up. IE times it would count down and no breath would happen or times breaths happening just as the bigwigs timer started the 10 second cooldown.

Is there a better timer out there for timing his breaths. The time of his cast isn't long enough for the pallies to respond to get the sacrifce up in time.

Any ideas would be appreciated we came close to the magic of getting shad down and finishing it off but I need to get my calling for the breaths better timed.

Thanks.

Roarc
01-14-2009, 12:57 PM
The breath is a random cast (and I mean completely random) where the general figure is 1 breath every 12 seconds. What helps is:

1. Everyone on the CD rotation needs to place Sartharion on focus and know beforehand they are up. Breath one the player "Liana" uses his CD, when you see a breath he uses it and you call out for the player "Yasmini" to be ready with his and so forth. The cast is way to fast to call it out when it happens to to what person in my opinion.

2. Some debuffs actually work on Sartharion him self. These include thunderclap, demo-shout and even a moonkins Hurricane. The later is strange it works, but it does. His cast time for breaths increased his cast times to 3 seconds instead of 2 seconds. Keeping the first two debuffs up is also very helpful given after 2 adds are dead the MT start taking a lot of physical damage (I took 24K with-in 2 seconds at one point when we analyzed that part of the fight).

All in all this is a very good fight given I do dislike some of the RNG, it does push every member of the raid high and feels like you're back in Sunwell again.

Roarc
01-14-2009, 01:20 PM
I might add to this and it was a source of "disappointment" for our raid: the mount that drops is a normal 280 speed one.