PDA

View Full Version : Naxx 10 man, a good or bad start?

Toboe
01-14-2009, 01:15 AM
Ok my guild did its 1st run into Naxx 10 man, we killed 3 bosses in the Arachnid Quarter, Anub'Rekhan, Grand Widow Faerlina and Maexxna.
The 1st boss gave us some fight we wiped about 2 times then we down his ass.
The 2nd gave wiped us about 4 time until we started to understand what was going on, and then we killed her with no prob.
plz keep in mind we did this the 1st 2 fights with 2 healers, and one...well that’s plays its class poorly

The 3rd was the hardest for us we wiped about 7 times and the 6th we brought in a 3rd healer wiped one more time and then killed him.
This was my guilds 1st guild raid and almost all of us have not done this wing before. I myself have only done the Military Quarter.

Anyway I have to ask are we off to a good/bad start? I’m both the GM and raid leader so any tips will help thanks :)

Crommi
01-14-2009, 02:22 AM
Sounds like you didn't have experience from 40man version before going in, so few wipes are to be expected unless everyone has really done their homework. In the end you did clear the wing on first night which can't be too bad, even if Spiderwing is clearly the easiest.

If you decide to do Deathknight wing next, try to sort out mindcontrolling before going in so those people have time to look videos and read what they're supposed to do.

Edit: On 10man version your tanks will be doing mindcontrol.

Apsat
01-14-2009, 02:28 AM
Thats sounds like what happened on my guilds first night in Naxx having never tried the 40 man version, Although we wiped more on Anub'rekhan.

As for tips, maybe check out the video's on this forum to get an idea of what the encounters are like so you know what to expect on a boss if you never did the 40 man version

Vapes
01-14-2009, 09:17 AM
I had the same experience, it takes a little to learn new stuff. The first couple weeks in Naxx were basically:

Week 1: Wipe and clear Spider/Plague/Razuv
Week 2: 1 shot all previous bosses, wipe and clear Military/Construct
Week 3: 1 shot all previous bosses, wipe and clear Sapph/KT

And now we're 1 shotting Malygos, as long as you're making progress you're fine. You'll be clearing the place in no time.

Gadholm
01-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Honestly, not too bad for the sort of experience it sounds like you're running with. I would really suggest learning the place with 3 healers and working yourself down over a few weeks. There are very few difficult dps races in 10s, and that extra healer can keep things alive a bit longer and provide a nice cushion. If its not possible, good luck, but I'd really try to recruit 3 solid healers and reward them with loot and praise.

Benolan
01-16-2009, 07:00 AM
That sounds similar to our first night.. If your group isn't a true blue raiding bunch it takes some ppl a bit longer to catch on to complexity.. ie DON'T kill the other guys until the boss berserks, or make sure to free the ppl trapped in a web at the back..

Arachnid gets easy fast and ppl get used to walking and chewing bubblegum as they go further along. We also run with a 3rd healer and find it helps.. It hasn't hindered us on the DPS races either.

dadricvertanis
01-16-2009, 08:38 AM
I definitely would recommend bringing 3 healers at first. It makes everything just a little more smooth. The dps isn't going to be really necessary unless you are struggling with enrage timers but even a week in with minimal epics, you should be fine with 5 dps on things like patchwerk.

Good luck.

Bertie
01-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Sounds like the first time me and my guild did it. We wiped three times on anub'rekhan, mostly because of things like silences and locust swarm. We finally downed him when we decided that the DK can just time his CDs and stand in Locust swarm while healers stand at max range and spam heals on him.

Grand widow was one shot, mostly because our MT did her once before and we called out the kill order of her followers whenever she soft enraged.

Maexxna was horrible though. We wiped like 6-7 times before we finally called it a night. Mostly because we had a priest, shaman and a horrible druid who could not abolish poison. We went back in the next raid reset and i decided that(my ele shaman main) i would focus target the tank and clense poison myself. This time we also had our regular druid who knows what the heck he is doing. But since i was clensing poisons fast it didnt matter. We one shotted her. I think someone commented on how it was so easy this time and i posted the dispel meter in the raid channel :).