PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Old Kingdoml-Jedoga Shadowseeker

Utsusemi
01-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Really struggling keep others alive(including healer) on this fight does he reset hate when he goes up and followers come?

Muffin Man
01-13-2009, 01:56 PM
I don't believe so. But she does a Cyclone Strike which I've had the pleasure of wiping the entire party in one shot. So make sure the healer stands back.

If she enrages (because you didn't kill the follower in time) have the melee stand out of range so they don't die either. Blow your cooldowns too or she might one shot you too!

Other than that, like every other boss in OK, it's a kill the adds before bad stuff happens deal.

Jivatma
01-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Disarm is your friend!!!! enrage or not, Disarm = win.

Personal Strategies: I know its not needed, but kite her slowly in the small circle of adds that come after she is engaged. it keeps her moving and does one of two things. It helps you avoid the cyclone strike, and keeps melee dps on their toes. I've gotten tot he point where i baby my dps even if they don't see it. Like if i see her drop that little aoe lightning cloud, i'll kite her away from it! but back tot he strategies.

Ranged dps should stay spread out and away. and as usual the healer should always be in range. Keep Jegoda away from the ranged to avoid aoe damage.

Her biggest wtf is enraged cyclone strike. disarmed or not she can hit for an absurd amount that a lot of average or even decent healers won't recover from in time, leading my poor sad pugs to a wipe.

so i guess in my ranting....
1) disarm when at all possible (unless doing achievement)
2) kite her a bit slowly to help avoid the tank from cyclone strike
3) watch out for "lightning cloud" that she randomly drops on party members
4) kill the follower!!! if dps is lacking, save your disarms for when she enrages. and then depening on your class, spread your trinkets and "oh shit" buttons out over each enrage (there shouldn't be more than 3)
5) achievement whores - disarm = win. and if you can't disarm, taunt battles are fun too. just taunt her back and forth until enrage dissipates then tank and spank as usual. if you can't do either....pug better =P

i think i'm done ranting now.

werdnak
01-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Another trick is to engage her and pull her all the way back towards the steps entering the area, right after the tunnel from the 2nd boss.

She'll still go back into the air at her original platform, but now by the time she runs back, the enrage will have ended and it's a basic tank and spank from there.

Kukitaiso
01-15-2009, 04:03 PM
The pulling her back to the steps trick doesn't seem to work anymore. The first 2 times she summons her sacrifice it works then the 3rd we just got about 4 or 5 adds come with her on her way back.

Nume
01-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Did you clear all the trash in the area? Including both sides of her platform and stairs. What kind of mobs came? Elite mobs that are around the area or like volunteers or what? And why was it an issue? I havent done this in a couple days but last time I did it we had no issue with it so yeah.

Dimness
01-16-2009, 03:31 PM
As others have stated, tanking her at the stairs leading into the area (after coming out of the tunnel after fighting vampire dude) is the best strat for beating her. Not only does her buff wear off, but it gets you the achievement as well.

Kukitaiso
01-17-2009, 04:55 AM
Did you clear all the trash in the area? Including both sides of her platform and stairs. What kind of mobs came? Elite mobs that are around the area or like volunteers or what? And why was it an issue? I havent done this in a couple days but last time I did it we had no issue with it so yeah.

Yeah definately cleared the place to start with. Can't remember the actual names of the adds that came. They are definately elite and do some kind of blast wave fire attack. I'll run it again soon just to find out the name of them

Hautla
01-21-2009, 01:39 AM
Yep I do believe the fixed it so you cant cheat Jedoga now. First 2 enrages will be fine but the 3rd 5 worshippers come and blasting flamestrike everywhere most likely wiping you. Cleared both sides and the adds still come.

Kukitaiso
01-21-2009, 06:41 AM
Yep I do believe the fixed it so you cant cheat Jedoga now. First 2 enrages will be fine but the 3rd 5 worshippers come and blasting flamestrike everywhere most likely wiping you. Cleared both sides and the adds still come.

Yep that is what I have had happen to me too.