PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Eng Tank Gun?

Bluntfist
01-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Just wondering if there is or will be with Ulduar an alternative to this thing.

Im fairly broke atm, saving up for my Epic Flyer (my warrior was my bastard child bc) so i dont really want to spend 1.5-2k g on this thing. However aside from the quest throwing knives, i havent seen a ranged tanking weap yet. Im currently using the dps gun from 10 man KT. I figure its good enough with threat. But i am losing substantial HP without it.

Any ideas?

Tatt
01-13-2009, 08:54 AM
No clue about a stam replacement, until I bought mine I swapped between my old khorium destroyer, and the blacksmith knives that have hit and expertise on them. If it makes you feel better I have seen the prices going down on the shotgun, bought mine for 1250, might have gotten for 1150 if I didn't do the buyout thing.

thanatas
01-13-2009, 10:25 AM
I would check MaxDPS.com - Protection Warrior (http://maxdps.com/warrior/protection.php)

Also look at buying the mats yourself and just doing a 50g tip.

greendragonempire
01-13-2009, 11:06 AM
its like 800g if u get the mats urself on the cheap from trade channel ...

clavarnway
01-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Get epic flier first then get it.

Kalbitang
01-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Are you looking for more stamina or some other stat to increase? I had this item before picking up the engineering gun:

Weighted Throwing Axe (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43187)

Pwidget
01-13-2009, 03:12 PM
There really is no alternative to the Armor Plated Combat Shotgun, nothing can compare with the sheer awesome. However, I used the quest item Dorian's Prybar, I know the Weighted Axe is good too. But ideally you are going to want that Shotgun.

law90026
01-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I guess the question is: are you MT'ing a raid? If so, is your raid struggling to keep you up?

The gun is by far the best tanking ranged in the game right now. Nothing comes remotely close. Frankly, if you were a regular tank in the raid, it should be something you pick up ASAP because it is that good. However, if you're just playing casually, then I guess it can take a backseat.

Kossaks
01-15-2009, 09:23 AM
I made the eng gun for 573G today on mal'ganis

TomHuxley
01-15-2009, 09:34 AM
TBH, the alternative to the armor-plated shotgun is being a lesser tank.

Now, if you aren't having problems in raids and/or heroics, then pick up the weighted throwing axe (or Dorian's Prybar) and hope that there will be equivalent or better loot in 3.1. Maybe you'll have more money by then. I had saved up most of the mats by the time I dinged 80, so I had it (and the BS shield and boots) in the first couple days. Maybe you could check the AH every day and purchase the item at the best price...you'd be surprised how quickly you'll have all the mats.

Edgar
01-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Farm Eternals in Wintergrasp when your faction owns this place.

Takes a huge load off the price.