PDA

View Full Version : Malygos 10 threat issue

Juice
01-13-2009, 07:01 AM
The problem I seem to be having as a prot warr is that the warlock is riding my butt on the threat meter during the fight, then when its time for vortex occasionally I'm able to stay in range of Maly during the vortex, and occassionaly not. When I am not, the warlock starts to creep ahead of me as his dots tick away and I'm basically twiddling my thumbs.

During the ground phase I am strafing and using keybinds just like I'm supposed to.

The warlock only pulled off of me once, but it's close every time., even with vigilance/soulshatter. What I wasn't doing was intervening him when he went up for the vortex - be less bad, right? I'll do this next time.

We got him down to 1% last night... heartbreaking.

klor
01-13-2009, 07:03 AM
I had problems with malygos threat at first until i swapped my red gems from the ones you have to expertise...i even stooped as low as dragging out my old shard of contempt...

Malygos is a parry/dodge whore. Expertise = win.

orcstar
01-13-2009, 07:04 AM
I have an enhancement shaman ho is riding my butt on Malygos and when malygos goes in the air you have a few seconds before vortex, I use these to intervene the shaman, it helps a ton.

And I always use Rhinolicious Wymrsteak on this fight, expensive but I make it myself.

Vapes
01-13-2009, 12:43 PM
I had a warlock issue, here's what I did.

Until Malygos I didn't use Vigilance, so my threat was generally decent. So if you don't have it, grab it. Put it on your top TPS. Also every time a vortex is coming, intervene your top TPS, glance at the threat meter, target them and intervene to knock them down. This is especially useful for keeping warlocks under you. Remember they can drop their threat by 50%, so part of it might be the warlock not saving it long enough. My locks tend to ride the edge as much as possible then unleash on an air phase and soul shatter before the end.

A soul shatter 1min into the fight isn't as useful as 2minutes in, though that's part of the lock class. I find Intervene very important for threat on Malygos.

As always though the most important is probably just getting used to using your abilities on the run. Also check out Ciderhelm's post about Malygos tanking build, and general if you haven't.

morelore
01-14-2009, 10:41 AM
We had a similar issue except it was our hunter and rogue who were close. FD (and possibly vanish, I wasn't watching closely enough) didn't seem to be wiping threat. Maybe soulshatter was having a similar problem?

Hand of Salv worked though.

Vapes
01-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Soul shatter seems to work fine, pretty sure our hunter FDs without trouble as well. Though maybe there's something odd going on in your case, lots of fun little bugs around.