PDA

View Full Version : malygos set up

ripaza
01-13-2009, 05:15 AM
hi all...i am OT in my guild and we start malygos 10man this week...and i ould like to ask whether an OT is needed or not for malygos encounter cause i would really like to take a spot...what u think...and i would also like to know if u think i am capable of MT him....here is my armory
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Genjuros&n=Kla%C3%A4tu)

loquatious
01-13-2009, 05:16 AM
not needed - watch Ciders video for the fight details.

dyls
01-13-2009, 12:28 PM
You would be capable of MTing Malygos. Although you are missing a few enchants - cloak, chest, bracers, weapon and boots. You also have no belt buckle - that's an extra major boost you could do with.

Edit: personally, I would also get rid of all of those parry / stam gems. For red sockets, expertise / stam are very decent.

MT damage is not the hardest thing about Malygos (in fact it's only relevant for 1 out of 3 phases), but it's still a fair amount for your healers to get used to - and in fact regardless, any sort of tank should have enchanted gear, no matter what :)

DO watch the video as loquatious suggests - and "encourage" your raiders to do the same (by encourage I mean tie them to a chair and prop their eyes open with matchsticks while you play it for a few hours)

Edit2: If you do end up tanking him, I would rejig your talents every so slightly so that you have 'Improved Spell Reflect'. It will save your raid a fair amount of damage during phase 2.