PDA

View Full Version : Four Horsemen 10-man

Gwindar86
01-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Hey everyone!
Let me first say that my guild, The Misfits, started Naxx 10-man 3 weeks ago and i am in charge of getting the strategies together for the runs and i have been using Ciderhelms videos, and i must comend you on a job well done, they have been very helpful!

Now, i have a few questions regarding your Horsmen video, 1st. while the MT is on thane, whod o you have on Baron? is your OT over there? and what are the preffered classes to have take care of the other 2 horsmen? 2nd. i noticed after Thane and baron had fallen, you didnt attack the other 2 just kinda sat there, are you there mainly to take aggro off the dps and act as a punching bag, so to speak?

Any help will be....well, helpful :) thanks!

Irat
01-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Whats your Raid Setup Gwindar?

We do it with a healer and a ranged dps down the back. The bosses wont move but need a target or they will AoE spam and wipe the raid.

We then break the front up with a healer a tank and a couple of dps.

Tazor
01-12-2009, 08:39 PM
We do it with a holy pally and a moonkin in the back, healing themselves. Then 2 groups in the front each with 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 DPS.

Deathkn´ght
01-12-2009, 09:01 PM
We did it first try with holy pala and ret pala, ret pala was healing himself and the holy pala was also healing himself and the ret pala, that was at the caster end. At the melee end, we had me (tank) a healer and 4 dps on thane and another tank and healer on the other guy. Now, here is the tricky bit.

I was telling the other tank when to run, we ran just before we got 3 stacks, but the healers were a bit out of time to us, so the holy pala was telling the other pala when to switch too. All the dps that were free were with me, and when ever i switched, they did too. Also, thane i think it is, does a fireball that will hit someone and divide the number by how many people were in the AoE, so make sure you hug him. Ciderhelm explains this in his video and he does it very well. The bit that is confusing is the bit where the first one is dead. The person with all the dps will keep switching with the tank and healer because you have to, when the stacks go, thats when you switch, cause when the guy is dead you don't get any more stacks. Once the second guy is dead, i sat at one with the holy pala who was taking damage, so he could heal me. The tank who didn't have the dps now had the dps and my healer, and his. So the dps pala could join the group and take down which ever he was stood at. The way it got timed was we ran up as they switched, so the group went with the dps pala and i sat with the healer getting healed, you can dps the boss if you like. Very easy and very fun fight, can't wait till i do it again :)

PS: It doesn't matter who pulls them, they all go to thier corners anyway.

Good luck.

Gwindar86
01-12-2009, 09:02 PM
our set up is usually myself (warr tank) pally OT. 2 rogues, 2 hunters. ret pally. and 3 healers. holy priest and 2 holy pallys.

we do have a feral druid, balance and a mage but its always a gamble on wheather they can make it or not. due to there schedule, so with my set up what would be preferable to deal with the horsemen in the back?

Deathkn´ght
01-12-2009, 09:07 PM
our set up is usually myself (warr tank) pally OT. 2 rogues, 2 hunters. ret pally. and 3 healers. holy priest and 2 holy pallys.

we do have a feral druid, balance and a mage but its always a gamble on wheather they can make it or not. due to there schedule, so with my set up what would be preferable to deal with the horsemen in the back?

Have a holy pala and ret pala at the back, remember to stay within 30 yards of the casters. Read my message, should make it easy.

Gwindar86
01-12-2009, 09:11 PM
thanks guys, appreciate the help!
any other tips will be much appreciated as well. thanks again!

Leytur
01-13-2009, 04:40 AM
We ended up wiping a lot of 4 Horsemen while trying different things. The one that finally worked made it easy.

MT/MTH and all dps on Thane. OT/OTH on Baron. 2 shaman in back (we started with a shaman and nubkin in back but nubkin oomed).

We then switched every 3 marks. We did NOT nuke Thane ignoring marks. We tried it but didn't have the DPS for it. Stacking all DPS on the same boss, though, allows debuffs to build better and gives that little boost to raid DPS that we needed.

When Thane died, the OT/OTH moved to the empty corner and let marks wear off before joining the fray again.

Darnac
01-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Would it be possible to have pets tanking the back 2 with holy pally beaconing himself and healing the pets up? This may be tricky to start with but it would allow more DPS to focus on Thane and Baron. Also is it possible to have a hunter in the back shooting thane/baron while taking the hits from one of the back 2

Lizana
01-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Pets no, hunter if they have high enough hp yes

Zeffin
01-19-2009, 02:40 PM
For us we did 4-horsemen in 3 tries. For 10 man we used a mage and a Resto druid in the back. Didn't have pallies or shamam. So it only matters that you have one person to heal and someone else that can do some level of DPS. Or Resto Druid was our best healer.

In the front we just did what the video did only for when to switch we didn't wait for 3 debuffs we switched when the old debuff wore off. the 3rd debuff would somtimes come in the middle of the switch. This helped with the healers in the front having less healing to do. Given our best healer was in back it was a big plus.

The key is you don't need specific classes to make it with this fight. So change things as your group makeup dictates.

Thanks,

Zeffin