PDA

View Full Version : sartharion 25man 3/drakes Druid or deathknight

juniet
01-12-2009, 12:47 PM
from what i know, most people use druid because of large HP pool, but have anyone try to use a dk for it. if 3.0.8 come out, dk will have 15% base -spell damage, then they can spec into magic suppression which give 5%, also DK's enchant give -4% spell damage so that is like -24% spell damage. so if the fire-B is doing 75k damage in 25 man, that is -18000k damage it self. with out any other sheild or CD

while DK can spec into spell defession that give a chance = to parry chance to -30% more spell damage

DK also have a lot more short 1 min CD to -damage, like AMS, AMZ, IBF, BS....

so... which would be better, DK or druid...

Ray
01-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Guilds have cleared it with either. Just depends on who you bring to raids, but if you have a well geared DK, they should (IMO) be the choice pre 3.0.8.

They have tons of CD's all on short timers which will let them be very self reliant. Also, dont take spell deflection as it is currently bugged with AMS. I have yet to do the fight, but we are going to work on it this week and I will be using my standard unholy progression build 9/11/51 (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=j0vZhg0zZfgzcLbkMe0Rcout). This is my standard progression tanking build with max CDs. Just rotate between BS, IBF, AMZ, AMS. LB is nice for trouble times/transitions and for the enrage. using a DK as of now, and really the patch is only nerfing BS and a slight nerf to IBF, will easy the pressure on raid CD's to save you. I would imagine you will have to coordinate a CD to combine with BS when the nerf goes through.

Inaara
01-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Unholy DK's are the absolute best choice for tanking Sartharion with 3 drakes. Efficient use of your CD's means you never take a full breath and even when sarth is fully buffed you can still survive with AMS. The challenge of tanking Sarth is when Shadron/Vesperon are up and when Vesp summons his acolyte. Surviving through that long enough for the DPS to take out Shadron will decide whether or not you get phat lewts.

Stearns
01-12-2009, 03:35 PM
There's no perfect answer. Depends on your players & their gear, and the rest of the raid. Depends how good you all are, and on your luck. Depends on many things.

Gortox
01-12-2009, 04:37 PM
It can also be done with a warrior tank. It takes a little more work but that is how my guild has cleared it.

I think a Unholy DK is the best choice for tanking but I would go with what ever player you have the most confidence in to get the job done.

pyo
01-13-2009, 04:28 AM
We have had a druid tank it with no problem. It's all about having some kind of a rotation to reduce the breath dmg while shadron and vesperon are up. A solid rotation from other classes to reduce the dmg is the key. But currently I would go with a DK, the amount of cd they can do right now is just obscene.

brain9h
01-13-2009, 07:56 AM
place your best tank doing blazes, they are by far the most important tanking role in the fight