PDA

View Full Version : Berserker Rage

Tarkonn
01-12-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm curious, how many of you use this while tanking? I never hear about it at all when people talk about rage generation. TBH if you get hit by a raid boss with it on, you basically get a full rage bar. :D

Myzery
01-12-2009, 11:21 AM
I use it all the time, especially right before a pull or during transitions. Not ever boss slams your rage bar full.

It's not something you need to try to keep on cooldown, but useful when you can't attack and have a free GCD for whatever reason.

Paramount
01-12-2009, 11:26 AM
I tend to neglect it and save it for fears.

However I do use it in a few other circumstances:

1.) When bloodrage is on CD I often use it at the start of a pull.
2.) Sometimes I use it in conjuntion with bloodrage at the start of a pull.
3.) Almost always on cooldown when i'm soloing stuff.

Kazeyonoma
01-12-2009, 11:39 AM
same here paramount, i tend to neglect it and save it for fears, but i guess i could be blowing it constantly on fights i know there isn't a fear mechanic. i just rarely find i need the extra rage anyways, i guess i can blow it when i see my rage < 40 =P

Delicatesse
01-13-2009, 03:35 AM
I use it almost every time before a pull. It's a habit from BC, where rage was really scarce. However I feel like it doesn't always work well, some attacks don't generate extra rage, or not always. I'd like to know how that ability works exactly.

Petninja
01-13-2009, 04:10 AM
as long as I can charge I don't ever seem to see this fabled rage scarcity. I bloodrage, charge and save the zerk rage for when I get a fear. I'd use it more if it wasn't on the GCD. I hate that I get feared and have to usually wait up to a second or more before I can remove it.

Hypatia
01-13-2009, 08:05 AM
I find Berserker Rage to be more useful in OT or DPS situations when there's some periodic raid damage going around. If I'm feeling rage-light, I'll wait until a little before the next damage burst and use Berserker Rage just before it so that the damage fills me up all the way, rather than just half-way (or whatever).

Earthmon
01-13-2009, 08:48 AM
I use this macro:
#showtooltip Berserker Rage
/cast Bloodrage
/cast Blood Fury(Racial)
/cast Berserker Rage

as the gcd have been removed from both bloodrage and blood fury they all go off at the same time.
its a great way to get up some threat in the beginning of a pull.
I usually use the macro, then charge, then use heroic throw while charging him (which will land about the same time you get to the mob/boss)

Furthermore the Berserker rage wil be ready in 30 secs, and I pop it if im not full on rage, 60 seconds after the pull I use the macro again which would pop Bloodrage and berserker rage, and so on.

Daavos
01-14-2009, 11:36 AM
I use this macro:
#showtooltip Berserker Rage
/cast Bloodrage
/cast Blood Fury(Racial)
/cast Berserker Rage

as the gcd have been removed from both bloodrage and blood fury they all go off at the same time.
its a great way to get up some threat in the beginning of a pull.
I usually use the macro, then charge, then use heroic throw while charging him (which will land about the same time you get to the mob/boss)

Furthermore the Berserker rage wil be ready in 30 secs, and I pop it if im not full on rage, 60 seconds after the pull I use the macro again which would pop Bloodrage and berserker rage, and so on.

I have this macro too. Except for the lamo racial :P

Glomgore
01-14-2009, 02:00 PM
I might actually use that macro in conjunction with a cast sequence effect and charge. Hit it once to pop all the rage stuff, pop it again to charge.

As it is, I have my charge macro with the emote ^_^

Earthmon
01-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Oh really? I prefer to keep the charge and the macro seperate as it might mess it up while you're gonna cast the macro mid fight.
Well I'm gonna go ahead and post all my macros up here then
in a thread tomorrow, and a guide how to dance on sartharion +3drakes.
However now im too tired so im gonna get me some sleep :o

Muffin Man
01-14-2009, 06:04 PM
as long as I can charge I don't ever seem to see this fabled rage scarcity. I bloodrage, charge and save the zerk rage for when I get a fear. I'd use it more if it wasn't on the GCD. I hate that I get feared and have to usually wait up to a second or more before I can remove it.

I actually like waiting a second to break fear. Unless I can break the fear before I run out of melee range, like on a boss (with their massive hit box).

If I'm out of melee range, I'll wait until I'm between 8 and 30 yards away before breaking. I love warbringer :p.

Daxwax
01-25-2009, 01:06 PM
From my experience, the only times I'm rage starved is after an avoidance-streak. Since berserker rage only increases ragegain when actually hit, its use is not that great, since the next hit will restore plenty of rage.
I'm thinking about raidbosses here.

In trashtanking/heroics I find its good to pop zerkrage at the same time as shieldblock, since you then get a much smaller ragegain then usual (even with shield specialization).

Blaze Mcgee
01-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Personally, I use Zerker Rage whenever i start getting rage starved. With 30% buffed dodge as a warrior, that can happen a lot on some fights. Also, I love using it in conjuncion with Enraged Regen. Since it counts as being enraged and will eat the Zerker buff, it can be great when in a pinch.

Halgreg
01-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Unless there's periodic fears during the fight, there's really no reason why it shouldn't be used everytime on cooldown. More rage for more heroic strikes is never a bad thing. Macroing it to Bloodrage is an excellent idea!

Daxwax
01-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Well just 'keeping it on cooldown' is somewhat shortsighted seeing as you'd have to use a global cooldown to use the ability. And ragegain can differ greatly due to avoidance, therefore it is more of a timed ability, and should only be used if rage spendt is greater then rage gained.
In avoidance-streaks i prefer using a GCD on heroic throw if availiable over zerkrage.

My point earlier was that popping zerkrage just before an expected reduction in incoming damage, might not be such a bad idea though. For example right before/after popping avoidance trinkets/shieldblock/shieldwall.

Thulldar
01-28-2009, 08:14 AM
I use it when I run out of rage and bloodrage is on cooldown. I tend to stack avoidance and ignore threat in my gear choices, and also constantly spam heroic strike, so this actually happens a lot. If bloodrage is available, or if you aren't out of rage, using it is a waste of a global cooldown. Use the GCD on something that creates damage and threat, if you've got the rage, I would say.