PDA

View Full Version : Real Life Tanks/OffTanks

Demianu27
01-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Don't mind me, just bored at work...

Anyway, I was thinking about some ways people tank in the real world. Maybe it describes what type of people play tanks too...

1. A wingman at the bar. This would be an offtank. He aggro's the ugly chick so you can main tank the hot one.

2. A person in charge of a specific work center in a company. He's the main tank. These people have DPS under them which do the work. If the DPS aren't doing enough work then the person in charge will continue to get hammered by the boss.

3. Offensive line-men in football. Their job is to protect the DPS and clear a path for the group. They need to maintain as much aggro as possable and stop any adds from reaching the DPS.

4. #1 man on a stacked SWAT entry team. He carries the large shield to protect the party.

5. Attention whores. You all know who you are. You're the main tank, but you just want to be the person everyone's looking at. Your job is to grab the attention of everyone. You get mad when someone else has aggro.

6. #1 man on an extraction team in a prison. His job is to rush into a cell and take all the aggro from the prisoner so his DPS can go in with restraints.

I'm sure I'll think of more...

Beatzz
01-12-2009, 11:14 AM
you know your addicted when haha...

Demianu27
01-12-2009, 11:36 AM
you know your addicted when haha...

lol :D! Its a nice quiet night in the station and I'm the dispatcher. Nothing to do here but sit on my butt and entertain myself on the internet.

Genova
01-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Smokey and the Bandit had a MT and OT !

Jalousie
01-12-2009, 06:56 PM
That's actually a cool theory. I was thinking about something like this the other day only with instance members as members of a band, trying to figure it out in my head. Tanking would be rhythm - so drums or bass?

jettzypher
01-13-2009, 07:12 AM
mt=drums...bass is important, but not as important drums. ot=bass

Sanelora
01-14-2009, 04:30 AM
mt=drums...bass is important, but not as important drums. ot=bass

Nice try. Depends on the band but most of the times if the drummer isnt as good as he could be, it CAN go unnoticed. same with everyone else.

For a musical analogy, The band main tanks the crowd and the manager offtanks the record labels.

BTW, save your sanity and try not to think of RL in WoW terms. EVER! :p

TaiSHi
01-15-2009, 08:34 AM
BTW, save your sanity and try not to think of RL in WoW terms. EVER! :p

But... but... I just MT'd really well this burguer!