PDA

View Full Version : minimum equipment gear requirements for pacthwerk?

Erenor
01-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Hi i want know what its the minimum equipment gear requirements for pacthwerk in naxxramas 25.

here its my gear : The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Exodar&n=Erenor)

Warwench
01-12-2009, 08:32 AM
looks fine to me.

Galushi
01-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Naxx 25 and Naxx 10 are supposed to be similar gear requirements. If you can tank one you can tank the other.

I Mt'd patchwerk 10man with much less gear then you have. You're basically close to full epics, id say your probably overgeared for nearly every encounter except Sarth + drakes.

Tankette
01-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Naxx 25 and Naxx 10 are supposed to be similar gear requirements. If you can tank one you can tank the other.

I understand that's what Blizz wanted to do but Patchwerk on 10 man has been very easy for us but quite difficult on 25 man. I guess the fight is really more about healing skill than tanking skill but I'd still say the tanks' gear is more important on 25 man than 10 man.

lubz
01-12-2009, 09:50 AM

I Mt'd patchwerk 10man with much less gear then you have. You're basically close to full epics, id say your probably overgeared for nearly every encounter except Sarth + drakes.

The MT is the one usually taking the least damage in that fight, or do you mean main tanked as in you were the one taking most of the beating (hateful strike soaker)?

Dreg
01-12-2009, 09:52 AM
the gear requirements are much different ... the OT (hatefulls) go from 12k damage on 10 man to ~28k on 25 ... it also requires 2 OTs for 25 man.

that being said, you have only slightly less gear than me ~2% avoidance. i tank 25 man hatefulls fine ... just hope you have some decent healers

Conreeaght
01-12-2009, 10:42 AM

I also respectfully disagree. Due to the sheer amount of punishment patch puts out he serves as the gatekeeper to the end of naxx 25. He will stomp many casual clearing groups (including my own) hard until your healers and tanks can take the punishment.

As of right now with my gear, patch still white-damages in the 10k range, and can HS in the 15-24k range (for some reason it's extremely variable.) He is a 'harder' fight but not necessarily difficult one. All I can say is 'you'll know' if you don't have enough to clear him.

Honestly, I don't have enough information to know if it's enough for patch, as some days you're a dodging fiend with the RNG going your way. Other days, the RNG beats you to a bloody pulp. The best way is to give it your best go, flasks, elixiers, food buffs, ironshield pots, etc in hand.

P.S. Bring wipe protection and repair bots to get many attempts in. I've seen other guilds struggle just to get by the slime room for one idiot that releases to repair, thus costing raids time that could be better spent on more attempts to succeed or at least zero in on what exactly needs improvement.