PDA

View Full Version : Bad TPS in Naxx (And if so, ways to improve)?

Shockna
01-12-2009, 12:42 AM
(If there was a more suitable place to put this, move it, as I'm new here and don't know of anywhere else >_<)

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malygos&n=Shockna)

I'm tanking in 25 mans now, and a few people in my guild have been saying my TPS is bad, and at times I do indeed lose threat. This almost always happens when multi-tanking though.

I do anywhere from 3500-5000 TPS (Ranging in the uppers for most single target tanking pulls, and around the lower echelon for multi target). Assuming this is bad, what is a regular tanking rotation for single/multi target in Naxx?

Normally I just use SS/Rev/Dev x3 for singles and SS (1), Rev (2), Dev (3-X) on multiples, 3-X being the third target to however many else there are.

Is there any glaring flaw to this, or way to improve?

sevve
01-12-2009, 04:01 AM
Yes, thunder clap, shockwave. Spam it and mobs will stick to you like glue.

Don't expect to keep agro on everything if people are just nuking whatever they please.
If you keep using SS whenever it's up and filling gaps with rev, dev there's no way you should lose agro single target even without using heroic strikes (which you also should use).

You may also want to pick up Gag Order, it boosts your shield slam.
Oh, and it hurts me a bit to see you with 4/5 anticipation but 2/2 charge.

Sandmann
01-12-2009, 04:25 AM
well your rotation should look like vene described it here: The Rotation. Its not as Easy as you think. - Warriors - TankingTips.com (http://www.tankingtips.com/2008/12/30/the-rotation-its-not-as-easy-as-you-think/)
You could also need a little bit more expertise food is a good to help here if you lack gear.
Also you should definatly get gag order, and maybe event want to consider to pick up Impale and Deep Wounds, DW will get nerfed though, but untill then its very strong.

Ghladum
01-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Deep Wounds isn't necessarily getting nerfed. GC has just said they're discussing it. That being said, it is probably getting nerfed. :)

Try to Charge, immediately TClap, follow it with a Shockwave once you get the mobs in front of you. I usually only try to Shield Slam the DPS-focus target (Skull) mob, and other than that, tab around and Revenge/Devastate with liberal use of Cleave and Thunder Clap whenever it's on cooldown.

With this "rotation" you can do a respectable amount of AoE threat, but your DPS and your raid members need to be aware that you're not a Paladin or DK, the kings of AoE threat. No matter how good you (or your gear and talent spec) is, if you see the Volleys, Blizzards, Hurricanes and Seed of Corruptions starting before you get a single TClap in, you'll always loose the threat race. Smart DPS gets a feel for when they can safely open up - and give your DPS some feedback if they're being too impatient and then just whining to you about not holding aggro.

For whatever reason, mobs really hate getting the Clap. :)

Edit: On most raiding multi-mob packs, I'll let the Paladin open up with his Captain America shield toss, which will hit 3 mobs and pretty much ensure he gets complete aggro on them. Then I'll charge in immediately after and TClap, then start backing up. This way whatever he didn't get, I have - and then I'll move my mobs back into range of the Pally's Consecrate once I've got plenty of aggro (6-8 seconds) - just a suggestion if you needed help picking up targets in raids. The only "bad" part is that it's very difficult to ensure that specific mobs get picked up by specific tanks. We burn things down so fast it usually doesn't matter whom picks up whichever adds, if that makes sense.

Shockna
01-12-2009, 11:57 AM
I forgot to mention Thunder Clap and Shockwave in my AoE rotation. I always start with those and sneak them in whenever they're up.

If possible, could I get a link to what a good warrior spec would look like right now? I'd never even thought of Deep Wounds.

Sandmann
01-13-2009, 10:58 AM
normal 15/5/51 would look like this http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior=35020000230000000000000000000002335122500 0012521330113321302000000000000000000000000&glyph=021600060000
last major glyph would either be Devastate or Heroic Strike. The Minors are more or less free to choose

Amelmil
01-16-2009, 03:35 AM
For trash if u have a pally or dk as tanks, just let them aoe tank cos warr sustained aoe threat is nowhere near them. But u can still compete wih TC/shockwave and tabbing to cleave + dev and SS+rev.

For single target, make sure ur always spamming HS and SS/rev when its up and only dev when SS/rev is on cd. When 5xsunder is up, only dev when SS/rev/concussion blow/shockwave/TC(when more than 4k ap) is on cd or when the sunder debuff is running out.