PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning EoE 10 Man Strat

Tiianna
01-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Hi All,

I have seen the 10 Man video from TankSpot, however when I was learning the fight it was explained to me differently. When I was taught the fight the tank fought the boss north and the raid stood towards the south. The boss was not moved for the most part, except after the Vortex, where he was again taken to the north.

Now for the questions:
1) Can someone point me to the strat that explains the north/south strategy in more detail?
2) For a raid that is learning the fight, which strategy is easier, the continuing moving of the boss or holding him in one position
3) In the 10 man Tankspot video, it talks about only being 2 stars, however when we fight it there are always 4. Which is accurate?
4) When I am tanking the boss I am not able to move the camera out far enough to see where the sparks are coming from, is there a way to do that more elegently?

Thanks in advance,
TiiAnna

Vapes
01-12-2009, 09:55 AM
1) I've not heard about a North/South strategy, and it seems like you're often get sparks that way.

2) I'd think for the raid, the kiting is easier, all they do is stand right in the middle. It's tougher for the tank, but more enjoyable, I enjoy Malygos due to the kiting.

3) There are 4 places where sparks can come from, but sometimes there are 2 sparks active at once (one is almost to the raid and the other just started), I think that's what he's refering to.

4) I have to swing my camera around a bit (holding left mouse and moving around) to figure out where they're coming from. Generally you can see 3 spots, if you don't see it, it's probably behind him, though check your camera settings in the blizzard UI, there's a slider for max camera distance, if you have that changed all the way up you're fine, you just have to try to peek around him, or you can always have someone in your raid let you know where it's coming from.