PDA

View Full Version : Gemming /Enchanting Icebane set

Tankette
01-11-2009, 03:41 PM
I just got the Icebane chest, feet and belt to help a little with the Sapphiron fight (and whatever fights beyond him that I'd wear it) and I need to figure out gems and enchants. Do I need to be uncrittable for Sapphiron? If so, i need to load down the new gear with defense gems. I'm guessing that I don't need to be uncrittable though and could go with expertise and stamina gems. Anyone know the answer or can direct me to a resource that does?

m
01-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Tanks dont need FR gear for the Saph fight.

Dizzy
01-12-2009, 05:18 AM
I chose to stay uncrit while gemming icebane aka slammed in def gems

Shortypop
01-12-2009, 05:24 AM
Somewhere in the region of 60-80% of the damage the MT takes is physical, which is why most people say that the MT does not need FR gear (druids often wear it as they don't need any defence to stay uncrittable), if you choose to wear it (which some plate tanks do for a variety of reasons), I would definitely stay uncrittable.

Tankette
01-12-2009, 08:49 AM
I managed to stay uncrittable with some defense gems and defense enchant on the chest. I have to use my Titansteel Shieldwall and the Seal of the Pantheon to do it but that doesn't really gimp me.

greendragonempire
01-12-2009, 08:52 AM
MT uses phys midigation set when MT, so gem your icebane gear for dps, i found the monarch topaz cuts, um 8 exp, 8 hit rating worked really well for all 8 slots.

theres a 16 ap 8 hit monarch topaz cut too that's nice too

Tankette
01-12-2009, 03:09 PM
I'll likely be MT. I'll see how much dodge and parry I'm losing. I know I gained more stamina, which was a pleasant surprise.

Tankette
01-13-2009, 08:24 AM
We took Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad down last night in 10 man Naxx. It was a first for our guild. The frost resist gear I had cut my damage taken from the cold in half. But since I was the only one in the raid with the frost resist gear it was pretty obvious that we could do the fight without any frost resist gear at all.

I don't know if the 25 man is enough tougher to warrant frost resist gear but our guild decided not to make frost resist gear mandatory and we'll see what happens.