PDA

View Full Version : sartharion 25man 3/drakes up questions

pompuspilot
01-08-2009, 05:35 PM
my guild has been working on this and we are having some problems with 3 drakes. we can down 2 drakes np but 3 is another story. basically what im wandering from the people that have killed it with 3 drakes up are

1-are you going into the portals or not, and if so when? my guild has been zerging first drake down by the time 2nd drake lands and then ignoring the portal the 2nd drake spawns. we had planned on goin into the portals once we have the 2nd drake dead and are working on 3rd drake. i saw a video where the group went into every portal once the 2nd drake landed.

2-once 3 drakes are dead and the mt is taking massive damage can you explain what and or how your dealing with this? ive heard 75k damage on the mt, also what kind of tank are you using?

thanks for replies and im looking forward to hearing from people that have experience with this

Wrokanh
01-08-2009, 05:42 PM
1- My guilds done it both ways, taking portals and most recently not until all 3 drakes are down. It depends if you can keep your Sarth MT up with the debuffs that long or not.

2- The MT is taking a lot of damage but it shouldn't be as bad as it seems, you've freed up more healers for the MT by taking the drakes (and their portal emissaries or whatever they're called) down. Also the MT has regained it's larger pool of health.

At the moment any type of tank for Sartharion is possible depending on your group compisition but a paladin tank would be the roughest with less health until the next patch . DeathKnights with cooldowns and Druids with a massive health pool are especially good though, We haven't used a warrior but there's no reason one couldn't (some of the 1st few kills were).

pompuspilot
01-08-2009, 09:05 PM
anyone else? id like to here from more people on their strats...or if there is only one good strat

Anaru
01-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Ad 1 We Kill Tene and Shad without taking any portals and then start taking them while working on Vesp.

Ad 2 The 75k number you have heard is actually the breathdamage while both Shad and Vesp is up. The "only" boost Sarth has when all 3 drakes are dead is that his melee now does 175% (it ups 25% when each drake dies).

We use a 5 tank setup (little strange but it works for us) where we had our DK-tank on Sarth, 2 addtanks (DK and druid), one drake tank that handles Tene and then picks up Vesp and one drake tank that handles Shad. This equals a little less dps but we still have Tene at 10-20% when Shad lands so it is no biggie and it gives us a lot more control becauses we don't really have to move any drakes around (other than to avoid flamewalls) and no adds run freely around.

Rithgor
01-09-2009, 11:16 AM
when doing it this way do you need to clear all the trash first? or just stuff infront of sarth, ?

clavarnway
01-09-2009, 12:23 PM
when doing it this way do you need to clear all the trash first? or just stuff infront of sarth, ?

You have to clear all trash...whatever you leave alive pulls with Sartharion.

Ray
01-09-2009, 12:35 PM
you have to clear all the trash other than drakes. The trash will run down to Sarth if not dead.

Having never done it but seen the fight and read up on EJ/fusion. It seems like you burn the first 2 down with no portals, and can either burn the 3rd down then take portals or clear them out as they spawn.

I have seen guilds have the drake tank taunt the boss off the breath tank due to the having more avoidance and what not, but as someone else said all your healers can now focus on the sarth tank.

the fight is really down hill once the 2nd drake dies. As the 75K breaths are no longer possible.

pompuspilot
01-09-2009, 06:19 PM
thanks for the replies...we finally downed him with 3 drakes last nite...(i won the drake woot) what we did and worked for us..was burn 1st drake down..he dies as 2nd lands...dps him till 3rd drake lands then we would kill the 3rd drakes acolyte totally ignoring the other acolyte till the 2nd drake was dead. then we killed all the acolytes and dps 3rd drake down and killed his acolytes as they spawned. really once the 2nd drake is dead its good game after that as long as most of you raid are still up..really fun and intense fight. 10man version really looks to be alot harder..