PDA

View Full Version : Banned From WoW Forums?

Demianu27
01-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Anyone ever been banned from the WoW forums?

I used to post on there all the time. I didn't post stupid stuff and never trolled or broke the forums Code of Conduct yet when I tried to log in a couple weeks ago to it said my account had been banned from posting on the forums.

This is what it says:

Ban TypePermanentBan Reason
Posting hateful language concerning race, ethnicities, or sexual orientation

Banned from the World of Warcraft forums for Code of Conduct violations.

"

* 8. Re: .. /b 12/19/2008 08:05:17 AM PST

Ah..... so it's of Epic quality.

Which instance can I get one of those from?
"

Can anyone find something that violates the Code of Conduct in that? I cant :confused:

There's actually a lot of useful information in those forums and it really sucks not being able to post there, especially because of a really strange reason.

I've e-mailed a bunch of different blizz/wow addresses but no one replies :mad:

Meeks
01-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Get this filth off of tankspot!

Racist!

Demianu27
01-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Get this filth off of tankspot!

Racist!

LOL I know right? I feel like a d-bag for getting banned even though I didn't do anything :(

Kazeyonoma
01-08-2009, 10:20 AM
that's a very strange reason to get banned for that post...

Raddue
01-08-2009, 10:21 AM
What's the context? Can you link the thread?

Halandir
01-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I can't even figure out how a mod would have misread that...

Nez
01-08-2009, 10:25 AM
SORRY ITS NOT P.C. TO MENTION THE "QUALITY" OF ITEMS TO AVOID OFFENDING THE GREY AND GREENS!

SRSLY

><

umm, that looks like a major screw up on their part, I'd email an admin or the moderator of that forum section and have them review that ban.

Lore
01-08-2009, 10:29 AM

^

If that was in response to, I don't know, "How to get your very own pet minority" then I could see a ban.

Demianu27
01-08-2009, 10:36 AM

That's my whole post. "ah so it's of epic quality. which instance can i get one of those from?"

It was a reply in a thread that was deleted.

The thread itself wasn't mine, but maybe every post that was in it got reported or something along with the thread.

Stuff like this makes me angry. I hate unjust actions.

Lore
01-08-2009, 11:01 AM
The question is more a matter of what it was in response to. Your words themselves don't break the ToS, but the meaning behind them may have ;)

The fact that the thread was deleted seems to point in that direction as well.

Lizana
01-08-2009, 12:09 PM
that or instead of "ep" you may have had "s" instead. I have seen worse mistypes

Demianu27
01-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Wow... just got home from work to see I got an e-mail from blizz right after I posted this here! Weird coincidence...

Anyway here's the e-mail response:

Hello,

We can review the account for consideration of having the permanent suspension lifted; however, there is no time frame or guarantee this will be done. If it the suspension is lifted, you will be notified via email.

-The World of Warcraft Community Team

Jalousie
01-09-2009, 08:11 AM
It's a long shot, but maybe a post above or below yours was the questionable one and a careless mod clicked the wrong button? Unlikely but possible.