PDA

View Full Version : heroic horsemen

Thrin
01-08-2009, 06:28 AM
Last night my guild was clearing through 25 man naxx and ended up stopping for the night at the 4 horsemen. I've done the 10 man version of this fight successfully without a hitch but am not really sure what was causing our issues for the heroic version.

Granted we didn't have a lot of time on this because it was near the end of our raid night.

Our problem was the back 2 adds. In a 25 man encounter who do you send to the back? We tried it by sending a druid/priest to the back left and a shaman/priest to the back right. All four were healers, we had a lot of healers last night. Our problems was mostly with the back right add killing off the two healers over in his area very quickly. Is this a 4 tank fight or have I just managed to miss a small detail somewhere?

How do other guilds handle the back two adds on heroic?

Stearns
01-08-2009, 08:32 AM
We've kept 1 solid healer on the stage, out of range of both debuffs, and had one normal tanking class on each of the bosses, and its mostly worked fine as a strategy.

sevve
01-08-2009, 03:29 PM
I normally use dps warriors and death knights if available. Both have high health and things like spell reflect/anti-magic zone.
As long as they engage their add they can hang out on the platform, even behind the skulls in the corners. The healer can then stay further back on the platform to avoid the auras.

Zarekk
01-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Dread Pirates use a hunter and a warlock who constantly rotate every 2 stacks on the back two horsemen. We send 2 healers with them. Then we have a tank and one healer for the front right horsemen. Literally every one else is located on the front right, and we blow all CDs knocking down the first guy so that we don't have to do rotations on the first front two.

After the first horsemen is dead (about 25 seconds) all the raiders move to the 2nd front horsemen. I take agro from its tank, and he leaves. We burn down the 2nd horsemen, and then melee go to the void zone horsemen while the casters go to the white horsemen. I usually go with the casters because I can spell reflect all the white horsemen's holy attacks. Once your melee get 2-3 stacks, they need to run away and cool off. Once their stacks are gone they can go attack the void horsemen again. We do have a few melee that will go attack the white horsemen when they have to many stacks from the void, but it has to be done very carefully. The white horsemen has an attack which jumps between targets and gets increasingly more powerful as it does so. No more then 3 melee should ever really be near the boss.

The casters that attack the white horsemen after the raid splits need to stay 10 yards apart at all times to negate the chain holy spell from jumping. Once they have 2-3 stacks they can move in to attack the void horsemen.

If you want to get the achievment, all you have to do is break you raid into 4 self sufficent groups. You will need a tank, heals and dps. Then assign one person from group 5 to each of the 4 groups. DPS down your groups horsemen, and switch eveything 2-3 stacks. Pretty easy.

Amelmil
01-16-2009, 02:41 AM
Having tanks on the caster boss helps alot, better if its a warr for spell reflect (reflecting 9k dmg is good). Usually just have 1-2 healers on each caster tank and switch every 2 debuffs.

austaz
01-16-2009, 11:09 AM
We use a warrior tank and a warlock in the back to tank and 2 or 3 healers on the stage to heal them. Warrior spell reflects and warlock drains to help the healers.

Front is 1-2 healers, tank and all dps on skull and just a tank and 1-2 healers on x. Burn skull fast then move to x and relieve the tank/healer there.

Healer numbers change as we run with between 5 and 7 healers depending on who is on and how many new people we are showing the encounter to / gearing.