PDA

View Full Version : Essence of the gossamer vs repelling charge

acroshendo
01-07-2009, 11:48 PM
i was wondering if it would be better to just use repelling charge cause at the moment for the most part any upgrade i get requires me to change and enchant or gem and it gets frustrating looking at all my gear trying to find best way to go about it. Basically i was wondering if i changed it would i still manage to get my health to about the same level by changing gems again and a last time.
Last night i got the t7 helm,legs,shoulders
and my stats went from 29.5k hp with like 55% avoidence to
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning%27s+Blade&n=Ult%C3%ADmate)
i know the thanes helm is better then t7 helm but is till want to use t7 helm for the looks but any how any suggestions on weather to change trinket and if i do wat other changes to gems to do.

Harimella
01-08-2009, 08:08 AM
1. Maybe I am blind but I see in your profile 23,4% dodge and 19,4% parry, so umm... how your avoidance can be 55%? I am really curious.

2. Trinket gives 1110hp (more with buffs because it is stamina, not raw health points). Now just count your additional stamina from gems (and maybe few enchants) and see how much you can get from them. Of course remember about gem bonuses.

My personal advice: keep blue trinket.

Horacio
01-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Avoidance = dodge + parry + chance to be missed

I like the stamina over avoidance 9 times out of 10. Its always there, it can always be counted on and it reassures your healers and raid. You can increase your chances but avoidance is still a roll of the dice.

Kazeyonoma
01-08-2009, 11:42 AM
I use both, because they're are awesome, defense being arguably the best avoidance stat now, and the charge has plenty of it, it's got a mini shield wall, what's not to like, then you have the gossamer, EH dream. Unless i'm tanking trash or OT'ing for more deeps, i keep both, and swap out the gossamer for lavanthor's.

But I guess since you have the JC trinket, i'd probably forsake the stamina, for the trinket.

Conreeaght
01-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Hopefully, as soon as thaddius gets bored of dropping pally plate I can replace my seal of the pantheon and be in the same position as Kazeyonoma - I plan on using both until new content.

acroshendo
01-08-2009, 05:16 PM
my avoidence use to be 55% because before i changed 3 t7 peices i had like
24.5% dodge 18% parry and like 10.6% miss my b it was more like 52% avoidence in my gear before i swaped in the t7 peices

Kazeyonoma
01-08-2009, 06:46 PM
block doesn't count towards avoidance, it's your dodge, parry, and chance to be missed + 5% base miss.

acroshendo
01-08-2009, 10:10 PM
my bad* i forgot to wright that 10% was miss not block

Harimella
01-09-2009, 03:45 AM
Horacio and Kazeyonama, thanks for explaining what is avoidance (mea culpa, I totally forgot about base miss and chance to be missed :( ). And sorry acroshendo for comment about your avoidance.

Warscar
01-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Chance to be missed... that's new to me.

So I have 547 defense and the Armory says that it reduces my chance to be hit and critically hit by 5.88% (before DR). Meaning that the total chance to be missed is 5% base + 5.88% (subject to DR)?

Are there any calculators or other resources out there where I can plug in numbers to see the effect of DR?

Kazeyonoma
01-09-2009, 03:52 PM
no one knows what the DR on miss is because no one has be able to stack it high enough.

DR is based on Diminishing towards some... number, for us dodge is at 77 and parry is 44 as warriors or something (check Satrina's posts for better maths), Roana however has made a great thread stickied in our theory's forum that maps out "approximations" of DR depending on if miss diminishes towards 15% 30% 45% 60% 75% or 90%

manbearpig
01-12-2009, 03:55 AM
Use repelling charge. For second slot you can choose if you want 75sta 50dodge or 111sta.

orcstar
01-12-2009, 04:04 AM
Gear for the encounter.

Don't try to swap gossamer for repelling charge and then try to acquire the same hp by swapping gems.

I would try to get: uncritable without the use of any trinkets, the you have the flexibility to swap in health trinkets for fights like malygos with the breath or avoidance trinkets for fights like patchwerk.

Don't try to make things equal, try to make strong points stronger.
If you have an incredible stamina piece, I would gem/enchant it for even more stamina. So when you get that incredible avoidance piece for the same slot you can gem/enchant it for even more avoidance. Then you really can choose what to wear on any encounter. If you do it the other way around, you end up with two roughly equal pieces without any of them having a distinct advantage.