PDA

View Full Version : H VH - Cyanigosa

Bran
01-07-2009, 08:40 PM
This is supposed to be an easy boss, but I'm finding her to be quite the pain in the ass on guild runs. We're fine on keeping clear of the tail. Blizzard and Uncontrollable Energy seems to be what's doing us in. Any tips on avoiding/mitigating these?

Also I haven't noticed any problems, but after the Arcane Vacuum, I'm never quite sure which way to go because one step will turn her and I don't want to get my DPS tail-whacked. Any tips for that would be good too, to insure that it never is a problem.

Jearie
01-07-2009, 08:51 PM
After the port, make sure to taunt and turn her away from the front doors (she aggro wipes at that point). Also, the uncontrollable energy... well, you're just going to have to eat it. That's all I've ever done and I've had no problems being healed through both the initial and the DoT damage. Really, your DPS and healers should not be getting tail whipped if you're properly spinning her and not actually changing her position and they run towards the west and east of the room and not towards the doors. It's when people run for the doors that you see tail whips.

As far as the Blizzards are concerned. Move her if one spawns on your melee DPS or yourself and tell your ranged to GTFO of them.

klor
01-07-2009, 08:54 PM
I didnt even know this boss tail-swiped... I just turn her whichever way lol. But yeah, like the above person said, taunt after the vacuum. Not much else to the fight. Straight tank and spank :-/

Elyvern
01-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Just move and avoid the blizzard? If it lands on you, you can just strafe left-right slightly to avoid it. That amount of movement isn't going to mess up the fight if everyone dps/heals by the dragon's flanks.

Breath is also a no-brainer as long as your group doesn't elect to dps and heal with you right in front of the dragon. If you hold solid aggro, her breath will never hit anyone else.

After every transition, you may want to caution your guildies that it's a aggro wipe. And rather than have the tank accomodate the directions 4 other people are running in, just stand there and tank the dragon whichever direction it's facing. Get your guildies to position themselves instead.

AriesFrost
01-07-2009, 09:01 PM
I always turned her towards the doors, its pretty easy to just tell your DPS/Heals to stay to the sides of her so that she doesn't get tail whipped. It's a rather simple fight to be honest. Other than the aggro wipe, you just taunt her back. Depending if you're a DK, just use your anti-magic shell/zone to absorb most of the damage from Uncontrollable Energy. Nice lootz at the end though. Lovin' the legs d^^d:D

DoubleH
01-15-2009, 05:59 PM
I have always turned her away from the group and strafed left or right during Blizzard. However for a pally tank she seems easy because I can cleanse Uncontrollable Energy off myself. Granted I took about 6K arcane damage intially but I was able the cleanse the DoT off myself. When she ports I shield bash (shield of righteousness) and taunt. I turn her away from the group. Dps just has to be careful of the Blizzard.
I last few times I tanked her I found her to be very easy. Not sure if warriors can spell reflect Uncontrollable energy back onto her.

Nume
01-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Tbh I've tanked that place many times and I didnt even know she did all those abilities... and I dont think I've ever wiped on her. So yeah I normally just tank her in one spot, and when I see her change targets I just taunt. If there is a blizzard I guess I just sit through it, but never had a healer complain :P. Imo the fight is easy enough to just burn through as long as you have a semi-competent group.

Ferim
01-15-2009, 06:48 PM
I've never had any problems with this boss, its usually the other bosses that may give us a hard time. You just gotta eat the uncontrollable energy.

Hellhammer
01-16-2009, 07:37 AM
@doubleH
you can't spellreflect the arcane breath
and i too never had any problem with that boss even in the worst pug's ^^