PDA

View Full Version : Callous-Hearted Gauntlets vs. T7

bigredbird
01-07-2009, 07:59 AM
I picked up Callous-Hearted Gauntlets (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=39726) last night. Since getting them, I have been wondering when would I wear them over Heroes' Dreadnaught Handguards (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=39622).

Demog's gear ranking has the Callous way above the T7, but that seems to be primarily based on the extreme amount of avoidance in the Callous. Is it worth giving up the 4-piece T7 bonus (3 sec increases shield wall) and the expertise on bosses like Patch or Maexxna or others to put on Callous?

I currently have the 2% threat/parry enchant on the T7. Maybe I should put the +20 agility on Callous?

What are your thoughts on these two? And looking ahead, will the T7.5 just replace both for all situations?

Helmer
01-07-2009, 08:08 AM
im not sure if id outright replace them for one or the other, but if ur in need of the extra avoidance snap on the gauntlets?

Prunetracy
01-07-2009, 09:08 AM
13 Sta
23 Str
35 Armor
28 Dodge
7 Parry

vs

2 Defense
42 Expertise
(assuming Guardian's Twilight Opal in the socket)

I'd take the Callous-Hearted any day. Heroes are slightly better for threat due to the expertise, but the mitigation gains from the Callous make it far better for your Survival set.

frim
01-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Having both is good, especially because they are so similar in def rating that you will probably not go under switching them in and out. That seems to be a problem for me at least right now, as i always feel like im sitting at the threshold.

Rampart
01-07-2009, 11:24 PM
I would use the Callous-Hearted on anything where you need to survive (bosses comes to mind) and wear the t7 for trash/heroics/10mans. (Keep running 25 man OS for t7.5.)

Conreeaght
01-08-2009, 11:34 AM
I MT most 25-man bosses. I have the callous, I will probably wear them, as the expertise seems to be the only thing that really catches my eye on the T7.5. In general, I'm not really happy with the valourous and heroic warrior sets. Don't get me wrong, the 2-piece is very very nice. However the stats seem to be 'all over the place' and not even in such a good way. Parry? Haha I fell for that for a bit until I saw the DR math.

On another note, maybe I'm sticking my neck out there, but I admit, though I even carry some extra pieces, I pretty much only wear one set of armor, be it the back nine of naxx-25 or snooze-and-cruise through a hVH. Don't get me wrong, I change when I need to, I just often forget in heroics because we cruise along at such a good clip.

That said, if I really really really was despirate for expertise or a set bonus, I'd wear the T7 gloves until I got hold of the Malygos25 pants. Then I'd probably toss them in the back of my bags and forget about them along with the block gloves, boots, and a smattering of other gear tossed my way by non-tank lootmasters. Only to be brushed off for OT work or seeing what kind of numbers I can get on a shield slam in hopes one day of stepping into the arena without the feeling of being 'carried.'

Guqin
02-10-2009, 01:56 AM
it should also be noted that the callous have 23 more strength on them, which helps make up for the threat loss a tiny bit.