PDA

View Full Version : Original Warrior Arena team

Perceneige
01-07-2009, 02:19 AM
Hello everyone this is my first post ;)

I have an idea to make an original Team for Fun.
As a Prot Warrior i feel myself near to invincible against Physical damage.
What would it be if i was invincible against Spells to !

We have that very nice ability called Spell reflect. but its on a cooldown of 10sec.
With the talent "Improved Spell Reflection" we can share this ability to our group.

What if, we were 5 Prot Warriors casting Spell Reflect in interval of 2seconds ?! Each warrior would have the Reflection buff all the time Up !

I think its not difficult to do, casting Spell Reflect as soon as it is up cost only 15 rage. This would make us nearly to invincible to spells. moreover caster would kill themselves :D. The only solution for them would be to use Aoe but with all the silences, stuns that we have we can also Control the opponent team very well.

All that theory is amusing but is that really possible ? does the improved Spell Reflection talent work that way ?
I should make some tests... and give it a try ^^

Kazeyonoma
01-07-2009, 09:20 AM
it only absorbs 1 spell from 1 member. so tank A fires off his spell reflect, and 2 casters target the same guy, first spell gets reflected, 2nd one does not. damage taken. now imagine cc's firing off at the same time frame too, you basically lose your immunity rotation, and whoever gets focused first is dead.

kolben
01-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Mirror Image. I can't imagine the amount of hustling you would have to do to make a 5 melee vs. 5 caster combo work, regardless of spec.

Bloodwraith
01-07-2009, 01:10 PM
A few guildies tried out this comp and failed horribly :p

And Kazey, if two spells are cast around the same second, you can spell reflect them both.

Perceneige
01-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Ideally, every tank would benefit a Spell Reflect buff every 2 Seconds...
And with the bug, if more than one spell hits the warrior under the buff, it will reflect all the spells.

If the warriors do their job, the opponent team should not be able to cast 5 spells in one second in order to go through the spell reflect. Anyway, the half would be reflected. thats a good tradeoff :p

I think the key to succeed is to make the good coordination so that the buff is constantly applied. that's a bit utopic^^ Maybe with a specific addon, or TeamSpeak coordination. like each warrior is assigned a number and says it when he cast spell reflect so the next warrior knows he has to do it 2sec after. 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 ....

Its not serious, it would be for fun, imagine a Warrior Reflect Team against you ^^ I want to try that ;)

Kazeyonoma
01-07-2009, 04:00 PM
there's some lag associated and yes you can reflect like 2 spells or in PVE a volley sometimes, but smart teams will beat it down easy, especially once you run out of rage.

Perceneige
01-08-2009, 06:13 AM
Running out of rage ?! 15rage to spend every 10 secs is that so difficult ?

Kazeyonoma
01-08-2009, 11:16 AM
it is with priests throwing up bubbles to rage starve you, and them kiting/snaring you which aren't spell reflectable.

and if you want to keep up with them you need to hit em with piercing howl or hamstring which eats up your rage as well.

Good PvP'ers know how to beat warriors, starve em from rage and keep em at range. casters are the best at this as well as hunters. assuming they won't do this strat so that you can be magic immune is false, they'll do it, and do it alot. then once they see that you guys don't have rage, they'll unload on 1 guy while the other 4 are cc'd

tninja
01-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I had thought about getting something like this going. I recognize the problems and I have no expectations of this being a good comp in any way shape or form.

But the mental image of 5 warriors charing and intercepting about with reckless abandon while on a spell reflect rotation fills with me with such glee. The glee that comes from knowing that while I may not win, the battle will be annoying as hell for the other team.

Its like the only form of griefing I'm okay with. Griefing with my own slow slow death as a required cost.

Beardly
01-14-2009, 09:32 AM
meh, prot warriors are really overrated for pvp. currently im running dk holy paladin (sounds op but my pally sucks, hence why im rerolling pally) and even though my healer is not that great, we trounce teams with tanks on them all the time. I think that this is because the movement and survivability of a prot war will only go so far, but they cant really put out substantial damage if theyre not in a 1v1 situation due to DRs and trinks and IBF and all these sort of things that can shut them down. also, they will eventually run out of heals and die, theres no way around it.
although i did play against a really good feral druid prot warrior team and they spanked us, its really only because my pally is a noobadin ^.^