PDA

View Full Version : Barricade of Eternity vs Wall of Terror

~Luffie~
01-06-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm currently using Barricade of Eternity (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=40475) and I just picked up Wall of Terror (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=40400) in our first Naxx25 clear last night.

I'm most likely going to switch back and forth between the two for different situations, but I was not 100% sure when to switch...

Would it be the Barricade of threat oriented encounters and Wall of Terror for high avoidence/mitigation encounters?

Dreg
01-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Would it be the Barricade of threat oriented encounters and Wall of Terror for high avoidence/mitigation encounters?

yup exactly, wall of terror would also help decrease the damage your taking on trash (don't need as much hit/expertise for them)

Dots
01-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Wall of Terror is only good for two things because of its bad itemization; situations where you want more block/AP (= trash) and looks. For everything else, I'd rather use the Barricade or even Hero's Surrender.

Caudates
01-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Looks for the Wall? Looks like a halloween decoration. Sure it's better than the heroic Alliance wall decoration but still I wouldn't call this a good looking shield. The fridge door like barricade isn't very nice looking either.

Titansteel, best looking wotlk shield. Piece of the millenium falcon? Yes plz.

Bodasafa
01-06-2009, 05:36 PM
To bad the best looking one got replaced right away. I agree titansteel is the best looking shield in the game right now.

Omok
01-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Barricade of Eternity for main tanking, Wall of Terror for trash tanking.

Xav
01-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Wall of Terror is only good for two things because of its bad itemization; situations where you want more block/AP (= trash) and looks. For everything else, I'd rather use the Barricade or even Hero's Surrender.

Agreed on all accounts. Wall of Terror is itemized extremely poorly, which is very sad considering it's an ilvl 226 shield. Wasted potential.

Nez
01-07-2009, 02:12 PM
I agree, seems like there is quite a bit of odd itemization going on with the high end gear

MestHoop
01-08-2009, 04:35 AM
Was just reading this and this is my situation:
I'm a prot paladin and I have the Barricade of eternity. I always thought the Wall of Terror to be better mainly because of higher item lvl (more block, armor, overall more stats).

Reckon I shouldn't get it at all?

Omok
01-08-2009, 06:40 AM
Makes for a nice sitting in Dalaran and looking cool shield.