PDA

View Full Version : Different tanking sets?

Kininye
01-06-2009, 09:17 AM
At level 70 I ran with four tanking sets; they were all slight adjustments here and there in slot items to maximize four different things:

EH (armor and stamina)
Mitigation (mostly extra avoidance)
Threat (hit and expertise)
General (good mix of everything)

So far at 80 I've been enjoying only use one set of gear for everything. As of yet, I haven't had a reason to push anything for any particular scenario but I'm wondering if I should start considering such sets for the future. In particular, I'm wondering what kind of gear would be optimal for tanking multiple drakes on Sartharion. I would think threat is low on priority, as well as avoidance since you'll taking large bursts of damage from their breath attacks.

Am I nuts in thinking this, or just nuts for other reasons?

loquatious
01-06-2009, 09:27 AM
I have the "boss" set with basically my best gear in every slot.

I'll cheerfully replace anything that has parry with something that has Hit/Expertise but not that many opportunities.

I've been building my heroic / trash set with all the gear that has +shield block value/shield block rating and mixing it with the best dps gear/trinkets I have for a set with about 1450 Block value lots of AP and crit and only 490 defense.

Steeltusk
01-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah, i also this that having gear sets is very nice idea.

Im not sure about EH set. What avoidance/mitigation stats should I go for? Or just "the more STA, the better?"