PDA

View Full Version : sapphiron issues

Thrin
01-06-2009, 07:14 AM
So my guild went back to finish a 10 man naxx run last night and asked me if I was free. We get to sapphiron and spend nearly 2 hours on this boss.

The biggest problem at first seemed to be getting people to move out of the blizzard while still being close enough to the healers and decursers for heals and such. After a while people seemed to be able to improve on that but we still had a hard time on the fight which might have lead me to believe that the dps was lacking a bit in the dps section.

I managed to parse a few of our later attempts
Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/l2xn5ysm4bmpe)

So I guess my questions is more along the lines of is my gear just not up to par for the boss or was the dps lacking? I've run my own successful 10 man naxx full clear with guildies so I was surprised we were having htis much trouble.

Bulk
01-06-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm a bit new to reading parses so forgive me if I've interpreted wrong, the dps of the group looks extremely low - the fact the MT is first or nearly first in DPS for all the tries is very worrying.

Ideally (IMO) each raid member should be doing 1500 dps as a MINIMUM, and over 2000 ideally - I think your DPS just needs better gear (or more skill) to be honest.

// Edit

I just picked out some random players from the parse and looked at their armories - the number of epics they had is totally inconsistent with their dps output, and the fact everyone was so low leads me to believe there might be more here than a gear issue - for instance the hunter Thoron (The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=Thoron)) is mostly epic, and is putting out a pitiful 1,122 dps - I mean a BM hunter with gear like that has to really try hard to do dps that bad, so I don't know quite what the issue is.

thanatas
01-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Your DPS appears to be horrible. Granted the dps numbers are lower on this fight due to air phase, but you have many people below you, a prot warrior, which is just unacceptable. Your ret pally is pulling 950 dps, and misses 9.5% of his swings, meaning he has something horribly wrong with his hit.

Your gear looks fine (I would pickup the hero badge neck).

Thrin
01-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Yeah neck is the next upgrade on the list, badges just slowed down with winter vacation.

Yeah it actually was scaring me that I was top damage dealt, the first several attempts which I had forgot to start my log my health was very spiky due to the healers having to do so much raid healing because people stood in the blizzard.

after that though they started to get the concept of move out of the area things seemed to be a bit more stable. The raid wasn't composed of the first 10 I think I would have picked, not like we had a ton on to choose from though.

Thanks for the reassurance on my part and the confirmation of what I was afraid of.