PDA

View Full Version : Old Kingdom trick for timed run

Gohnk
01-06-2009, 06:19 AM
I briefly looked over the forums to see if I'm repeating old news here, so forgive me if I am. Anyway, to those of you that don't know...

The Heroic Old Kingdom timed run can be rather difficult so here is a short-cut if you have a rogue with.

When you get to the part where you have to climb the pair of web 'stairs' and activate the mechanisms have your rogue stealth up there, activate it and then vanish. I was floored when I saw this work. What a nice way to avoid a potentially nasty pull while saving tons of time.

A warning; the rogue is likely to take a hit or two. I've yet to see someone pull it off scratch free. So buff him however you can.

Fayre
01-07-2009, 05:26 AM
That's interesting. Time to get some rogues killed ;)

You can also miss out the first and the third bosses if you think it'll be tight - just head straight for that final boss.

Makenshi
01-07-2009, 05:53 AM
Oh there's also 2 more tricks i think, one is when you're at the final boss you can just hug the left side wall and you can actually sneak past him without aggroing him.

The 2nd trick is if you die and run in the timer does reset. Not sure if it always does that but it have done that at afew ocassions for me atleast :P

zander1976
01-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Anything that kills rogues is worth doing atleast once. :)

Skinzenbonz
01-07-2009, 06:51 AM
The 2nd trick is if you die and run in the timer does reset. Not sure if it always does that but it have done that at afew ocassions for me atleast :P

I think this is a display bug. The timer on you UI resets to 60 minutes but the time left on the corpse in your inventory is unchanged.

Eide
01-07-2009, 07:28 AM
I think this is a display bug. The timer on you UI resets to 60 minutes but the time left on the corpse in your inventory is unchanged.

Correct.

The timer on the item in your pack does not reset, and will disappear after 60 minutes.

Makenshi
01-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Ahh okay, never had a run take aslong so we didn't make it so wouldn't know :)

Oh don't forget about tanking last boss near a pillar when he casts insanity run behind it out of LoS and no copies :)

Lore
01-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Ahh okay, never had a run take aslong so we didn't make it so wouldn't know :)

Oh don't forget about tanking last boss near a pillar when he casts insanity run behind it out of LoS and no copies :)

That was hotfixed out a few weeks ago

Makenshi
01-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Yes one of the pillars, but last time i checked the closest one to the bridge still worked :)

Edit: Tho i might be wrong again! :P

Prunetracy
01-07-2009, 10:04 AM
The timed run is quite simple if you skip Elder Nadox and Jedonga Shadowseeker. Just go straight for boss 2 (the blood elf, forgetting the name), then for Herald Volazj, drop off your corpses, and go back for anything you left up.

We typically drop the bodies off with well over 30 minutes on the timer still.