PDA

View Full Version : sapph question

Lazzix
01-05-2009, 05:56 AM
on sapph, does a tank still need their 540 def with fr gear on? or can they have a bit below that for it to work. currently my dk tank has 511 def with his fr gear on and 26k hp unbuffed.. what should i do (by the way my fr gear isnt chanted or gemmed ((need help with that too)))

Shortypop
01-05-2009, 06:10 AM
Tanks shouldn't be in frost res gear for Sapph, normal max tanky gear on my last 10man sapp tank (cant locate a 25man one) 68% of damage in was physical onoy 27% frost and some shadow, so don't worry about frost gear, it's useful for the dps/healers (if that is the way your guild decides to do it) as they pretty much only take damage from the aura tick.

Lazzix
01-05-2009, 06:22 AM
they are doing it on heroic tonight. and i was just wondering what i should gem and i know what im doing for chants. just dont know if i need 540 min def.

Stearns
01-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Our guild has all of us, including myself as druid tank, use full frost resist (druids are uncrittable via talents). The fight has been a total joke. We've one-shotted him when the fight was brand new to us in both 10 and 25 man with this setup.

No, we've never tried it with some members not using FR, but the above poster may be correct. However, for druids, the only stat gimped by using FR is our damage output; armor is the same, health is way higher, avoidance is a tiny bit lower... so using resist gear is a no brainer.

Slobash
01-05-2009, 11:51 AM
We've never used frost resist gear in either 10s or 25s. We've used frost resist aura from pallys twice, last time we didn't bother and only missed the achievement because one of our mages had his shield up.

In answer to your question, i'd focus on staying uncrittable

Kaziganthi
01-05-2009, 01:47 PM
You can do it without frost resist or you can do it with it. Our 10 man has the MT which is me in full FR and the rest of the guys with just the rings. Our OT also is in full resist gear just incase I die for whatever reason.(I gemmed all 16 defense into the FR set) I'm over the defense cap, he can hit pretty hard so I'd personally not do it if i werent capped.