PDA

View Full Version : somethign ive done on malygos and was curious..

raziiel
01-04-2009, 04:28 PM
im a 80 rogue and during the arcane vortex of stage one i hit killing spree and i pulled my self out of the vortex and too no damage from it i was wondering if any one else has seen this and if not put it out here for other to use as well

dyls
01-04-2009, 04:33 PM
I would be hard pressed to find it now, but I have definitely read a post from someone who said that rogues and warlocks who 'cheat' their way out of the vortex can result in 'very bad things'.

Unfortunately I can't be more specific than that; I don't play and very rarely raid with a warlock or rogue in the group so didn't pay too much attention.

Perhaps it was in the Project Marmot / Malygos thread, I lived in there for a while.

dyls
01-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Yes, it was in there, I just found it.

Do not, I repeat, do NOT allow classes that can "cheat" the vortex to do so (rogues and locks as far as I'm concerned). After numerous random deaths in phase 1 and phase 2 doing a parse of the combat log we saw a lot of people being hit by <No Target> Arcane Breath <Player in raid> 20K or more (instant death basically). After we said DO NOT do the above - we killed him for the first time after 2-3 tries and we didn't have this random damage.